• '20 '16

Our group sees influence two different way:

1. Only the nation matters. If the UK is on stage 1 with a country, and the US chooses to influence that same country, the US would need a roll of 1-2 to also get to stage 1.

2. Alliance matters. If the UK is on stage 1 with a country, and the US chooses to influence that same country, the US would only need a roll of 1-3, and would get to stage 2 rather than 1, as that country already favors that alliance.

Essentially, is each member of an alliance working together to influence a country to join their alliance, or is each nation on their own?

• @captainnapalm I think it is per nation, as nations roll independently. If you think about, the US wouldn’t be too happy with the UK influencing Brazil.

• '20 '16

@trig Interesting example, because if I were the US, I would love to see Brazil align with the UK!

• @captainnapalm Maybe, but not in real life!

• Considering :

1- That the Diplomacy Chart has different starting positions for all Major Powers, both Axis (Germany, Japan, Italy) and Allies (USA, UK, France), and the USSR.

2- That rule 2.3 of the Expansion states :

" If the player’s roll is successful, the player moves his roundel one position and moves one roundel from any other Major Power from another Alliance down one."

It seems pretty clear that each Major Power is completely independent and that there may be multiple members of an alliance attempting to influence the same country at one time.

So only the nations matter.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m