Move across Land & Load onto Transport ?

• Question please:
    Scenario A: Can a land unit move its 1 or 2 spaces across territories and load onto a transport and then unload on same turn?
    Or
    Scenario B: Do the land units need to be in the coastal adjacent territory at start of turn in order to load onto a transport? And would there be a difference if the transport is conducting an amphibious assault during combat move phase compared to troop movement during non-combatant move phase.
    I couldn’t find this specifically in rule book. (Not to say it’s not there - I just couldn’t find it)

Ex: UK Troops in Iraq want to get to Greece to help fortify, TT in sz98.
    Can UK troops march from Iraq into TransJordan and load onto TT in sz98, then sail to sz99 and disembark in UK-controlled Greece ?

Thanks All.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I don’t have the rule book to quote, but Scenario B is correct.
    You can only load adjacent coastal units on a transport.

In the combat phase, the transport can load the units, move to the SZ adjacent to where you want to amphibious assault, then the units unload and attack.

Similarly in Noncombat, the units load, transport moves, and unloads but it must be a friendly or friendly-neutral country.

• @surfer Thanks. That seemed right to me. Consistent that you cannot move from territory where units land, so makes sense you cannot move to load. The boat ride counts as the movement per se. I gotta know the rules, my kid keeps beating me. 😀
    Thanks again.

• @phillyplayer Good luck. As far as beating the kids…just act like you’re playing “nice” and letting them have an advantage.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@surfer said in Move across Land & Load onto Transport ?:

@phillyplayer Good luck. As far as beating the kids…just act like you’re playing “nice” and letting them have an advantage.

heh heh they’re too smart for that : )

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Uh oh. You’re in trouble, then. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m