• The way I read the National Reference Sheets for FEC, ANZAC, is they don’t have wartime income like UK. So when UK declares war on a major power, the other Commonwealth nations now just start collecting their Wartime bonus income, and no more peacetime increases. Is that correct? Or, when the UK goes to war, does the other Commonwealth nations advance their IPP tracker to the full amount of land zones they have, I.e FEC goes to 14 and ANZAC to 7.

• '18 '17 '16

@manincellv They share their political status which is determined by the UK. When UK goes to war they are all at war with the same major power and I believe they receive their wartime bonuses and full income. No more Peacetime bonuses or increases. I’ll check but that’s the way we’ve played it.

• The Great Britain (v3.5), FEC (v3.4) and ANZAC (v3.2) National Reference Sheets all mention that “British Commonwealth includes Great Britain, FEC and ANZAC. These share the same turn, war status (…)”, as @GeneralHandGrenade pointed out.

Rule 2.3 for 1936v3 states that “Great Britain determines when the Commonwealth declares war”.

You will also notice that only Great Britain has a “Declaration of War” section on it’s NRS and that FEC and ANZAC do not, as they cannot declare war on their own.

You will also find in the Glossary (Rule 0.9) under Income that “Peacetime Income is the income a nation receives until they are at war with a Major Power (…)”.

When Great Britain is at War with a major Power, so are FEC and ANZAC and they all become eligible to collect their individual Wartime Bonus Income (Rule 5.4).

Therefore, to answer the question, once FEC and ANZAC are at war (because Great Britain is at war), they no longer receive their Peacetime Income, but instead the full value of all territories that they possess, plus any Wartime Bonus that may apply.

• @noneshallpass That’s really what I wanted to know, that the FEC, ANZAC, and Canada, once GB declares war on Germany, then all three move on the IPP chart to the value of their territories, FEC 14, ANZAC 7, and Canada 6. GB is already at their 25 or 20 with CAW expansion. Thanks.

• @manincellv said in War time income:

@noneshallpass That’s really what I wanted to know, that the FEC, ANZAC, and Canada, once GB declares war on Germany, then all three move on the IPP chart to the value of their territories, FEC 14, ANZAC 7, and Canada 6. GB is already at their 25 or 20 with CAW expansion. And all 4 now begin collecting war time income.

• @manincellv Yep, I confirmed that’s what the case is. It’s always good to check though and make sure I wasn’t playing it wrong the whole time.

• @generalhandgrenade Could this answer/description be put in the errata, or, at least, the FAQ? The USSR does not go to full income when they declare war on a major, so it’s not safe to assume the FEC and ANZAC will. It should be in the rules, if that’s how the designers want it to be played.

I asked this question, yesterday, and just found this thread, today.

• @captainnapalm USSR is the exception to the rule and the exception is in it peacetime increases:

. If the U.S.S.R. declares war on a Major Power before reaching wartime income it does not immediately go to full income but continues Sleeping Bear rolls until it reaches Full Income

I think an explicit mention that you do go to wartime income when at war would be something useful to add to the main book.

However I still think there is a loophole where the USSR were declared war on (say by japan) but not attacked. This would prevent the USSR getting their other peacetime income increases.

• @insanehoshi But if Japan declared war on the USSR, wouldn’t the USSR now be at war, and automatically be pushed to its Wartime income, thus making the peacetime increases not applicable any longer?

• @chris_henry said in War time income:

and automatically be pushed to its Wartime income, thus making the peacetime increases not applicable any longer?

I don’t think it would. On the USSR Sheet it says the USSR goes to full income when the “U.S.S.R. is attacked by Major Power.”

Normally I would say that that overrides the nominal rule of a nation being DOW’d, going to full income, but that rule doesn’t actually seem to be written down anywhere anyways. If it doesn’t override it, then this line is superfluous and confusing.

• @insanehoshi Hmm, well that could certainly be a good point! I guess I’d be curious to hear an explanation there, as I had just used attacked/declared war upon as synonymous in this situation!

• '18 '17 '16

If you look at your Reference Sheets you will notice that Russia and the Axis do not have a Wartime Income. Only the Allies have a Wartime Income. This was changed from Version 2 because it was misleading. The Axis and Russia are not bound by reaching an income threshold before they are allowed to declare war on a Major Power. Instead they simply have a Full Income (the total value of land zones).

Declaring war on your opponent is the same as attacking them. If Japan were to declare war on Russia then Russia would go to FULL INCOME (not wartime income). Russia declaring on Japan does not raise their economy towards Full Income.

Remember to keep the value of any land zones that Russia has conquered (Major or Minor Powers) separate from their Economy. They do not count towards their Full Income even though you are still collecting the value of the conquered land zones. It’s helpful to use 2 Russian roundels on the IPP tracker for this until Russia reaches it’s Full Income.

• @generalhandgrenade said in War time income:

f you look at your Reference Sheets you will notice that Russia and the Axis do not have a Wartime Income

Huh, i never noticed this. Thanks!.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m