NL (X) vs The_Good_Captain (L)

• @ozymandiac @hansworst @LederhosenMachtFrei well…good game fellas. I offer my concession, if you accept.

If anyone declines, I don’t mind playing another round or so.

• @Ozymandiac @hansworst @LederhosenMachtFrei also, if one, two, or all of you would like to do another, that would be great. I’m about to release a series on YouTube about this game and it would help sharpen up my presentation to run a few more games.

No pressure though. I know these games are time consuming.

• Hi Captain,

I accept your concession. I feel that the fall of Moscow is a little too much to get back from, even though the infrastructure is good for UK & US. Income & production is a problem now.

I really liked your aggressive first round build with the British, it took us a little off-guard. It surely commits a lot or Russian support to India and we didn’t bring ourselves in the position to have you choose between Moscow, Caucasus and India early on. I felt there was a moment you could have taken on Karelia with the Americans in a 50/50 1 or 2 rounds before you went for it. That little bit of pace could have made a difference, but I have no idea how it would have turned out.

All in all I liked how you played the Allies. And I applaud the German and Jap. Good game everyone!

As I have only been playing Italy, I can’t say it has been very time-consuming for me, so I am absolutely open for a rematch. I’m open for all formats, like a bid, flipping sides same rules, whatever. I will await my teammates’ decision about this :)

• I am up for another. And like Hans I am open to all kinds of tweaks if desired.

From a Japanese perspective it was great fun. You really had me on my toes. I am used as Japan to just cruise on the mainland up until Caucasus from whence I slowly prepare for the Moscow invasion. So to have an active resistance in the middle east really forced me to change my approach and to play more careful.

So yeah. If Ozy is up for it I’d like to give it another go. And if Ozy is not up for it we can continue with three ;)

• @lederhosenmachtfrei @Ozymandiac @hansworst okay cool. Although I appreciate using tech (that was my first time), I have no interest in using that optional rule again. Also, for the sake of the goal of my YouTube series, I would request ‘no bid’. If that’s cool with you fools, then just pick a side and I’m ready to roll.

P.S. - you’ll be getting a brief shout-out in the series whether you like it or not, hah.

• @the_good_captain And a good game to you, too!

In the games I have played, Axis seem to have the advantage. So my compliments for keeping the Allies in play for as long as you did.

With the Axis having advantage (in our games) it’s up to Allies to try different new strategies. We did try the Indian factory strategy a couple of times, but I discarded it as unlikely to succeed. However, this game has given me hope that there is a variation out there that can improve the Allies’ odds of winning.

I don’t think I’m up for another game just now. I want to spend more time on other stuff at the moment. So feel free to start a new game without me.

• @LederhosenMachtFrei @hansworst I’m not convinced that the axis have the advantage as long as NO’s are not employed and the “Dardanelles closed to sea movement” is employed.

…and without 'splaining too much, I might now add to that: tech should be left out.

But I can have my mind changed for sure. You guys wanna fire it up?

• @The_Good_Captain Yes, let’s begin. And let’s ignore techs this round.

I like to switch things up a bit between games, so I’d either play European Axis or Allies in this round. So if you want to play Axis, by all means do your first more and me and @hansworst will divide the allies.

If you want to play allies again then let me know and I will post the German move

• @lederhosenmachtfrei @hansworst after long and careful consideration (and thank you for being so generous btw), I have decided it would be best if I ran the allies once more…

…I am braced for your G1.

• @the_good_captain I will start my Japanese mindset and we’ll await Lederhosens German move :)

• Posting the game by hand. I guess I entered the wrong credentials and the game has problem posting. First time starting a game myself, but I just copied the settings of the previous game (bar putting my email in the MARTI dice-email settings).
    @The_Good_Captain you should have the MARTI-emails if I did everything right besides that.
    2021-2-14-World-War-II-v3-1941.tsvg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m