• @Imperious:

well if you think its ok, but i think since the original file is 72 x 36  (6x3 which is 2:1 ratio) your version is 48.5x28 and to keep the designed perspective should be 56 x 28 which is also 2:1. Since its nearly a foot more narrow the territories that are thin east west axis ( Japan, Poland) will look ‘stretched’. I hope you enjoy what you got and play your AA50e on it.

I am (unfortunately) constrained to that size.  I can not easily resize the embedded glass in my table/board.
    The ONLY reason I am printing out a new copy is because you’ve done most of the work.

• IL the map is fantastic!  Is there a recommended place to send the map to get it printed out in one sheet or are folks just doing 8x10 sheets and taping them together?

Thanks!

• yes this is where i go:

http://www.aaaflag.com/

i deal with a guy named Ramon. You can email and make a deposit on the print, wait 2 weeks and the map will be printed and finally shipped

its $10 a square foot so the 6x3 will be $180 to print. I have mine printed on 1/8 inch plastic sheets of durable plastic which is semi gloss laminated vinyl in high DPI mounted to these sheets.

So you email them, and send the file link and pay them and when its done they can email you back.

• One last question.

When I open the PDF you’ve created, photoshop asks to rasterize generic PDF format. 
    Specifically the pixels per square inch.

The default is 72 pixels / inch.

Should I increase this and if so, to what level?
    I would like to sprint this puppy today :)

• rasterize

probably the most offensive word to me. If your printing from your desktop and you cant bypass any of these questions and still print a copy, then do as it asks. If your having it printed by something like kinkos, then just hand them the file as it is and they wont have any trouble.

This is 100% vector artwork. It contains no stupid jagged lines. If printed on the highest quality paper and DPI it will look incredible. The more you allow the program you use to reduce it to compression extensions the worse it will look. I don’t use photoshop so i cant find the exact answer.

I can give you the file saved in Photoshop format i think. Or EPS which is a universal format for adobe.

• Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed?

If you do rasterize in Photoshop use 300dpi. ~ZP

• @Zero:

Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed?

If you do rasterize in Photoshop use 300dpi. ~ZP

by dumb luck I chose that number.

Took a while as my clunky (read “old”) CPU was cranking out mips for a bit….

I am in the process of printing and piecing together the print outs.

I can’t afford to pay someone else big buck$$$$ ($80) for a game board.

• Yeah, I live in China, so I have all sorts of problems getting what I want, but when it comes to printing out nice copies of maps,  I probably have all of you beat.  I can get anything printed at almost any realistic size for less than $10.  All I have to do is give the printshop the map file.

• yea but how much to print something thats 72 x 36 and printed, lamininated and mounted on 1/4 inch thick styrene plastic sheets?

• http://www.mediafire.com/?mwxmmzzvt3h

updated map adding Azores and Malta. Also adding Cairo and Polesti as VC, but you still keep the stated number of VC to win.

For the Islands: no more than 2 land units can attack or remain in these territories.

Azores exist so if Germany gets it, they can bomb USA and historically that was an actual plan for the Luftwaffe.

Malta had a huge effect of Italian efforts to reinforce Africa and it also eliminates the idea that Germany must take Egypt on G1 because the allies can still hit the Italian fleet.

• @Imperious:

yea but how much to print something thats 72 x 36 and printed, lamininated and mounted on 1/4 inch thick styrene plastic sheets?

Less than $10.  I’m serious

• bump.

• Thanks for the timely bump.  This is exactly what I was looking for in my thread.

• IL : can you change Afganistan to Afghanistan?

Its a great job. I wish I could print it. But I already have the board. But having a bigger one is greater!

• ill fix it.

• http://www.mediafire.com/?zyzitxw0xyq

fixed with correct spelling of Afghanistan

• great map, thanks.

• IL, I have downloaded the map and it looks great.  I found a printer at work that is on the network that has a continous roll paper on it that is 3’ top to bottom. So I could print out a 6’x3’ map easily(during overtime while no one is there…“insert evil laugh”)

What if I wanted to scale it down to 5 feet? Is that doable and HOW do I do it? I’m not much of a computer guy. I don’t think my table can do 6ft.

• Wow!  Fantastic map… I haven’t even played AA50 yet but I’m gonna swing by Staples tomorrow to see how much it’d cost to print/laminate this.

• oK IL,
    Here is some feedback.

Everyone is a critic.  My 12 year old says that he would like to see FDR’s picture in the background in the Eastern USA and some mountain topography in other areas like the original map.

I like the size and appreciate your efforts.  I just printed it in sheets of 8 x 14 for now.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m