2020 Playoff AndrewAAGamer (X) vs JDOW (L+58) OOB

• '15 '14

Just realizes it is me. I will update my client asap!

• '15 '14

Boy, I went on https://triplea-game.org/download/

and I cannot properly download the client there. It just takes forever and my internet is fine, not sure what’s wrong :-/

I will sort it out either way, but just annoying atm.

• '19

@jdow You should make sure to install whatever version Andrew is using. If you mix versions that can cause problems.

Issues with calculators and rules seem to be map and version specific. One version might work ok with one map but then not work with another map. So you might have just run into this problem because you are running a new map for this game (OOB).

Also, updating the client wont fix anything. If you start a game with one version and switch versions the problems will migrate. Only way to fix if you are having problems is to move to a client without issues and restart the game. (easy to do since you are only halfway thru first round).

• '15 '14

@ksmckay Thanks a lot for the support, much appreciated. Restarting the game may be necessary as the bugs are not just annoying, they prevent us from running battles properly.

But even IF we start a new game. Which version should we use?

As said, atm I am unable to download the latest version of the client from https://triplea-game.org/download/

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I am on version 2.5.22294

• '19

@jdow said in 2020 Playoff AndrewAAGamer (X) vs JDOW (L+58) OOB:

@ksmckay Thanks a lot for the support, much appreciated. Restarting the game may be necessary as the bugs are not just annoying, they prevent us from running battles properly.

But even IF we start a new game. Which version should we use?

As said, atm I am unable to download the latest version of the client from https://triplea-game.org/download/

Yep, the errors are debilitating and dealing with it down the road becomes extremely challenging. I imagine Andrew has a good sense of which version works well with OOB and should know a version that doesnt suffer from the bugs since he uses it.

• Wie schon erwähnt @JDOW würde ich dir die 2.2.20868 Version empfehlen.
    Gleichzeitig empfehle ich dir aber auch das du triple a komplett runter haust von deinem Rechner und einfach die 2.2.20868 Version herunterlädst.
    Wenn du sonst keine anderen Spiele offen hast, sollte das auch kein Problem sein.
    Zur Not P@nther verständigen.

Sorry for my interruption in german, but this is for me the fastest way to adress the issue. Thank you for understanding.

• @aequitas-et-veritas thanks a lot mate. But where to download 20868?

• '15 '14

I now downloaded 2.2.20868 but the problem with our current game file persists as ksmckay already predicted.

However, when I start a G40 game from scratch the program does e.g. not crash when I run the battle calculator with subs involved.

As we are still in turn 1, I will now start a new game, redo the turns until after J1 and edit the battle outcomes to the ones we had so far and then proceed with US1

Annoying, but seems to be the only way.

• @andrewaagamer said in 2020 Playoff AndrewAAGamer (X) vs JDOW (L+58) OOB:

I am on version 2.5.22294

in my game against andrew I can not recreate any of the problems described by @JDOW . I am on version 2.5.22294

• '15 '14

@oysteilo I guess the reason is that I had a rather old build installed 2.0.19993.

It seems with the newer version we should be fine

• '19

@jdow mixing versions can cause problems too. If Andrew is using the latest version, why not use the same one?

• '15 '14

Testing Forum poster

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 2.2.20868, time: 16:29:18
    Savegame

• '15 '14

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Americans round 1

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Americans

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• '15 '14

@ksmckay said in 2020 Playoff AndrewAAGamer (X) vs JDOW (L+58) OOB:

@jdow mixing versions can cause problems too. If Andrew is using the latest version, why not use the same one?

I had sever trouble downloading any version. I now have installed the one recommended by aetv and recreated the map. At least the sub bug did not occur when I tested it. I will now check whether the surprise strike works.

• '15 '14

Seems all to work, I will do my turn now.

• '15 '14

TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Americans buy 2 carriers, 1 submarine and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Americans
            Trigger Americans War Production Eastern: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Eastern United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Central: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Central United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Western: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Western United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Eastern: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Eastern United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Central: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Central United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Western: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Western United States

Combat Move - Americans
            Trigger Americans Unrestricted Movement: Setting movementRestrictionTerritories cleared for rulesAttachment attached to Americans

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 destroyer moved from 26 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Hawaiian Islands to Queensland
            1 fighter moved from 10 Sea Zone to Midway
            1 fighter moved from Hawaiian Islands to Wake Island
            1 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 infantry, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 fighter moved from Eastern United States to Gibraltar
            1 mech_infantry moved from Central United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 101 Sea Zone to 86 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from 86 Sea Zone to Brazil
                  Americans take Brazil from Neutral_Allies
            1 cruiser moved from 101 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Central United States to Gibraltar
            1 armour moved from Central United States to Western United States
            1 mech_infantry moved from Central United States to Western United States
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Eastern United States to Central United States
            1 infantry moved from Central United States to Western United States
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Wake Island
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 26 Sea Zone to Midway

Place Units - Americans
            1 submarine placed in 101 Sea Zone
            2 carriers and 2 transports placed in 10 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 72 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from 10 Sea Zone: 1 carrier
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to 10 Sea Zone: 2 destroyers
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Savegame

• '15 '14

TripleA Turn Summary: Chinese round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Artillery Supplies: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Open
            Chinese buy 3 artilleries; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            2 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Shensi
            3 infantry moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
            1 fighter and 6 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan

Place Units - Chinese
            1 artillery placed in Shensi
            2 artilleries placed in Yunnan

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Objective Chinese 1 Burma Road: Chinese met a national objective for an additional 6 PUs; end with 16 PUs

Savegame

• '15 '14

TripleA Turn Summary: UK_Pacific round 1

Game History

Americans buy 2 carriers, 1 submarine and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Americans
            Trigger Americans War Production Eastern: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Eastern United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Central: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Central United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Western: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Western United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Eastern: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Eastern United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Central: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Central United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Western: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Western United States

Combat Move - Americans
            Trigger Americans Unrestricted Movement: Setting movementRestrictionTerritories cleared for rulesAttachment attached to Americans

Non Combat Move - Americans
            1 destroyer moved from 26 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Hawaiian Islands to Queensland
            1 fighter moved from 10 Sea Zone to Midway
            1 fighter moved from Hawaiian Islands to Wake Island
            1 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 infantry, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 infantry moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 fighter moved from Eastern United States to Gibraltar
            1 mech_infantry moved from Central United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry and 1 transport moved from 101 Sea Zone to 86 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from 86 Sea Zone to Brazil
                  Americans take Brazil from Neutral_Allies
            1 cruiser moved from 101 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Central United States to Gibraltar
            1 armour moved from Central United States to Western United States
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Eastern United States to Central United States
            1 infantry moved from Central United States to Western United States
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to Wake Island
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 26 Sea Zone to Midway

Place Units - Americans
            1 submarine placed in 101 Sea Zone
            2 carriers and 2 transports placed in 10 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 72 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from 10 Sea Zone: 1 carrier
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to 10 Sea Zone: 2 destroyers

Purchase Units - Chinese
            Trigger Chinese Artillery Supplies: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Open
            Chinese buy 3 artilleries; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Chinese

Non Combat Move - Chinese
            2 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Shensi
            3 infantry moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
            1 fighter and 6 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan

Place Units - Chinese
            1 artillery placed in Shensi
            2 artilleries placed in Yunnan

Turn Complete - Chinese
            Chinese collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Objective Chinese 1 Burma Road: Chinese met a national objective for an additional 6 PUs; end with 16 PUs

Purchase Units - British
            British buy 1 airfield, 1 fighter and 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Purchase Units - UK_Pacific
            UK_Pacific buy 3 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - British
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 98 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Malta to 96 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to 96 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from India to 39 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 transport moved from 39 Sea Zone to 76 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from 76 Sea Zone to Ethiopia
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Anglo Egyptian Sudan to Ethiopia
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Egypt to Ethiopia
            1 cruiser moved from 39 Sea Zone to 76 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 39 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Burma to 37 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from India to 37 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from India to 37 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 109 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from United Kingdom to 106 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 111 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Scotland to 110 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone

Combat - British
            Battle in Ethiopia
                British attack with 2 artilleries, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
                Italians defend with 1 artillery and 2 infantry
                    British roll dice for 1 cruiser in Ethiopia, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 artilleries, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys in Ethiopia, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 1,50 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Ethiopia, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Italians and 2 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Ethiopia
                British win, taking Ethiopia from Italians with 2 artilleries, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 10
                Casualties for Italians: 1 artillery and 2 infantry
            Battle in 96 Sea Zone
                British attack with 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber
                Italians defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                    British roll dice for 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/3 hits, 1,67 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 96 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Italians, 1 transport owned by the Italians and 1 fighter owned by the British lost in 96 Sea Zone
                British win with 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 5
                Casualties for British: 1 fighter
                Casualties for Italians: 1 destroyer and 1 transport
            Battle in 37 Sea Zone
                British attack with 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber
                Japanese defend with 1 cruiser
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 2,00 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 cruiser in 37 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,50 expected hits
                    1 cruiser owned by the Japanese lost in 37 Sea Zone
                British win, taking 37 Sea Zone from Japanese with 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 12
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 cruiser
            Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                British attack with 1 bomber, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
                Germans defend with 2 submarines
                    British roll dice for 1 submarine in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 bomber and 1 destroyer in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the British lost in 106 Sea Zone
                    British roll dice for 1 bomber and 1 destroyer in 106 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/2 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Germans lost in 106 Sea Zone
                    British roll dice for 1 bomber and 1 destroyer in 106 Sea Zone, round 4 : 0/2 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 106 Sea Zone, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0,17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 bomber and 1 destroyer in 106 Sea Zone, round 5 : 0/2 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 106 Sea Zone, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0,17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 bomber and 1 destroyer in 106 Sea Zone, round 6 : 1/2 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 106 Sea Zone, round 6 : 0/1 hits, 0,17 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Germans lost in 106 Sea Zone
                British win, taking 106 Sea Zone from Germans with 1 bomber and 1 destroyer remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for British: 1 submarine
                Casualties for Germans: 2 submarines
            Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                British attack with 1 destroyer and 4 fighters
                Germans defend with 1 battleship and 1 submarine
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 4 fighters in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/5 hits, 2,33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 battleship in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    1 battleship owned by the Germans, 1 destroyer owned by the British and 1 submarine owned by the Germans lost in 110 Sea Zone
                British win with 4 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 18
                Casualties for British: 1 destroyer
                Casualties for Germans: 1 battleship and 1 submarine

Non Combat Move - British
            Turning on Edit Mode
            1 infantry moved from West India to Eastern Persia
                  British take Eastern Persia from Neutral_Allies
            2 infantry moved from Burma to Yunnan
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 37 Sea Zone to Yunnan
            3 infantry moved from Malaya to Shan State
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 96 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 91 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 96 Sea Zone to Malta
            1 transport moved from 98 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Malta to 96 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun moved from Malta to 96 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 96 Sea Zone to 81 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun moved from 81 Sea Zone to Egypt
            1 infantry moved from 81 Sea Zone to Egypt
            1 armour, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Alexandria to Egypt
            1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer moved from 98 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from 106 Sea Zone to Eastern United States
            1 infantry moved from Ontario to Eastern United States
            1 artillery moved from Ontario to Eastern United States
            1 transport moved from 109 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
            1 battleship and 1 cruiser moved from 111 Sea Zone to 123 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 2 infantry moved from Scotland to United Kingdom
            1 fighter moved from 110 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
            3 fighters moved from 110 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
            2 infantry moved from India to Burma
            1 destroyer moved from 71 Sea Zone to 81 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Union of South Africa to Rhodesia
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 92 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
            1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to 92 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Union of South Africa to Rhodesia
            1 aaGun moved from India to Burma

Place Units - British
            1 airfield placed in Gibraltar
            1 fighter and 1 infantry placed in United Kingdom

Turn Complete - British
            British collect 29 PUs; end with 29 PUs
            Objective British 1 Original: British met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 34 PUs

Place Units - UK_Pacific
            3 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys placed in India

Turn Complete - UK_Pacific
            UK_Pacific collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Some Units in India change ownership: 3 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by British from Malta: 1 fighter
            EDIT: Adding units owned by British to 92 Sea Zone: 1 fighter

Japanese regular : -0,50
    Italians regular : -0,33
    Germans regular : 0,00
    British regular : -0,33

Savegame

• '15 '14

@AndrewAAGamer I had to edit Malta as the client takes the wrong fighter down = the one with much movement left and keeps the one with low movement, still a little glitch.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m