Axis & Allies Community Map Files

• Sponsor

Map files have been restored.

• Sponsor

New map file added.

• I’m sorry to reopen a dead thread, people usually hate that, but I wanted to put my two sense in. I’ve done a lot of research into the legal BS that makes up Hasbro Legal. Hasbro owns Wizards, which owns Avalon Hill, who owns Larry Harris’ poor tortured soul, which designed Axis and Allies. Wizards of the Coast has a fan content policy saying what you offer has to be free, and NOT REQUIRE DOWNLOADING. I’m not sure how they expect you to distribute it, but they do say that you can’t require, money, signups or downloads. I think it might also have to be original, I’m not quite sure. But either way, I think you may be breaking the rules and may get a take down notice. This website has seemed to fly under Wizards radar for a while now so you might be safe, I’m not sure. Just wanted to let yall know.

• Hi guys. I am looking at Don’s deluxe edition map. Really love it. But since I am new here, I see that some territories have like an “oil” symbol on them and also like a “train”.

Also I noticed that some neutrals have like a cavarly symbol on them.

I was wondering if you can enlighten me about the meaning or use of those symbols, I guess there are a set of new rules somewhere out there?

Thanks in advance

• @tchenao

@tchenao said in Axis & Allies Community Map Files:

Hi guys. I am looking at Don’s deluxe edition map. Really love it. But since I am new here, I see that some territories have like an “oil” symbol on them and also like a “train”.

Also I noticed that some neutrals have like a cavarly symbol on them.

I was wondering if you can enlighten me about the meaning or use of those symbols, I guess there are a set of new rules somewhere out there?

Thanks in advance

Oil means for oil tankers if not a oil derrick symbol. The train symbol is for a station.
    Calvary is for how many to place on territory for setup

• @militarized-milkmen said in Axis & Allies Community Map Files:

But either way, I think you may be breaking the rules and may get a take down notice.

Haven’t had a takedown notice in 21 years. <knock on wood>

I’m wondering if “downloading” means a software download that allows you to download the images. Some of these companies used to use software like that for transferring large files before “the cloud” was more ubiquitous.

IIRC, a few years back WotC sent me some image assets and I had to download some software to get them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m