• If the soviets take Manchuria or Rehe, since they are considered Chinese Home Country, wouldn’t they have to hand it over to the CCP? This means that the soviets cant gain manchuria or rehe as tts to add to their worldwide communism VOs.

I am assuming the same would be true if the allies were to ever take a Chinese home country tt, they would be obligated to give them to the KMT.

• Well, in case that did not answer your question 🤪, Russia must return CCP territory, as it is part of the same alliance (Rule 9.20), but not KMT territory (9.21).

The problem is that they both have the same home country according to their respective National Reference Sheets, which includes Northern, Western and Eastern Manchuria.

So I am not sure if Russia must return it to CCP or may return it to KMT.

Does the answer change if CCP lost the Chinese civil war or had been eliminated?

Maybe GHG will take this one?

• '18 '17 '16

The way I read it they would have to give it back to CCP. As you said it is considered part of their Home Country. The rules also say you must give recaptured territory back to a member of your alliance. It shouldn’t matter if the CCP has no territories at the time because they never surrender.

On the KMT sheet they take the time to mention that KMT has a choice whether or not to return Hong Kong to FEC so that seems like a special exception to returning territories to alliance members in China.

I’ll ask the rules guy next time I talk to him. I think our next Chronicles video is on the Civil Wars so we’ll be covering that anyway.

• '18 '17 '16

OK so the rules says that the Manchurian and Rehe territories start the game as Japanese so they aren’t technically “recaptured” as per rule 9.20. The Russian player has the option to give them to CCP or keep them for Russia. He is putting a note in the FAQ to reflect this.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m