• If a transport is in a sea zone with allied units (ex: German transports with Italian ships) can the allied units participate in the combat at sea when fighters/tactical bombers are launched from an air base. One opinion is that since the Italian ships are not dropping off troops during Germanys turn they are not part of the fight/not their turn. The other opinion is that if a fighter/tactical bomber launches into a sea zone everything in that sea zone goes to fight. Note, I am not sure if this plays into effect or not, but on Italy’s previous turn they bombarded Great Britain however proved unsuccessful. Both opinions are supported by rules, one being that the planes are defending the sea zone, and one being that all attacking and defending units must participate in the sea battle. So therefore, since both countries are technically defending this sea zone does this move just go void? I have read through multiple forums but could not find this specific Scenario. @KRIEGHUNDCould you give an answer please?

• @shaphan25 my understanding has always been that if you are attacking amphibiously, your allies ships do not take part in the battle in any way. So if a scramble happens, it’d just be your guys against whoever scrambles.

Not sure if that was what you were asking.

• '20

@shaphan25 Allied units never participate in combat together. In your scenario, German transports will die to UK scramble if Germany does not provide surface warships or planes to battle the scramblers. Italian ships will watch and not assist. It’s important to remember that you never defend against scrambles. The scramblers defend against your attack.

• '20

@colt45554 by “combat” I mean the offensive phase of one Power. Obviously they can defend in enemy’s combat phase.

• @barnee no not quite. I am not asking if Italy attacks Great Britain. If you read sea zone rules it’s states all attacking and defending units in the sea zone must participate, if a fighter scrambled into a hostile sea zone then the ships in that sea zone would normally get to defend however it is not their turn. So my question is does Italy get to defend their sea zone? I also have seen post from an official QandA answer one similar to this except the men from uk are getting off of us transports and states nothing can happen due to the fact that the fighter launches into a hostile sea zone, and since the hostile sea zone is occupied by an enemy that is not attacking the bombardment does not work. And that’s what I’m looking for here, and I feel like since @Krieghund Said that if your units try to disembark from an allied transport, that attack is void do to the fact the allied units is not at turn. So since that is true then the fighter cannot single out the German transports do to the fact that they are lastly chosen and the transports are in the same sea zone as allied ships chosen before not at turn. Therefore I’m thinking it fits that rule now Tbh and wouldn’t have made this post if I saw it before but thanks for the input guys.

• '20

You continue to confuse yourself. Italy can’t defend the sea zone because UK is not attacking. Scrambled units are defenders.
    Also:
    “If you are attacking in a sea zone that already contained friendly units, your ally’s units are not placed along the battle strip, but remain out of play for this turn.” pg. 19 europe

I don’t understand how that doesn’t answer your question.

• Official Q&A

@barnee and @colt45554 are correct.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m