• Hi All,

I’m new to AA and i guess its a good time to take it up with the 50th anniversary edition just coming out.  I have only played one game and am a little unclear on a few of the rules.  Being from a warhammer background i wasn’t sure how the transference from a tabletop wargame to a boardgame would be but I must admit it’s awesome, better than i expected. Just a question. When performing a naval bombardment the rules state you can bombard for 1 turn in 1 province.  Does that mean your Battleships and Cruisers can only roll attack dice in the 1st turn as the ground units are offloading or can they continue to bombard for the entire battle?

Cheers,
    Falconrider

• Welcome to the forums falconrider :-D

First turn only.

• Official Q&A

Unfortunately, there are quite a lot of rules that weren’t exactly clear in the rulebook.  Many error corrections and clarifications can be found in the FAQ.

• As PelierBay stated, you only get to fire with the battleships and cruisers on the first round of firing only.  Also keep in mind that you can only have as many battleships + cruisers partake in bombardment as units you landed via transports.  So if you landed 2 units in a territory, you may use any combination of 2 battleships and cruisers for bombardment.

• @Krieghund:

Unfortunately, there are quite a lot of rules that weren’t exactly clear in the rulebook.  Many error corrections and clarifications can be found in the FAQ.

You don’t happen to know if a “second edition” printing of the rulebook (which would eventually incorporate the FAQ’s clarifications/additions) is planned, do you?  I’d be happy to spend $5-10 shipped to get an updated version with all the updates once they’re worked out.

• Official Q&A

At this point, AH isn’t even planning a second printing of the game, so I doubt we’ll see an amended rulebook.  If they change their minds and do another printing, hopefully the mistakes will corrected at that point.  However, I doubt that a 2nd edition rulebook would be made available (outside of buying a new game) in anything other than a downloadable PDF format.

• Thanks guys.  The faq clears up a few things too.  Am planning a 2nd game Friday and will be playing the allies again.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m