• has anyone been successful with a strategy that aims to take the western u.s. at turn 4,

if the u.s. player concentrates their i.p.c. on buying a pacific fleet or a atlantic fleet, and neglect’s defending the continental u.s. by turn 6 the u.s. could be out of the game,

if japan organises the entire pacific fleet, and buy’s a transport, and cruiser’s, and 1 aircraft carrier and 1 or 2 artillery, they can strike at the u.s. by turn 4,  the u.s. would need a strong defence of western u.s. or they would be completely over-run, including a pacific fleet that may be used to stop a japanese amphibious assault,

the japan player would have to take some of the pacific island’s, and consolidate their other territories,

the force of the japanes attack with 8 fighter’s, 1 battleship, 2 destroyer’s 2 cruiser’s, 4 aircraft carrier’s, and 5 transport loaded with 5 infantry, 1 armor and 4 artillery for a amphibious assault would be too much for the u.s. to defeat

and with fighter’s surviving from the attack, the u.s. would completely crumble if the initial attack were successful

• IMO, I just don’t think this is a good strategy for Japan and I think there are a couple of flaws in your reasoning.

1. You began starting out by saying if the US player concentrates their IPC on buying a pacific fleet. OK, if they do that there’s probably a good chance that your not going to have all the units you state you’ll have when you attack the WUS.

2. You’re assuming that the US player will just ignore the massive invasion fleet your massing and not make preparations for the incoming invasion by at least placing some units on the west coast.

3. If Japan goes KUSF and leaves the UK alone in the pacific, the UK will be too strong economically which will enable the UK to seriously threaten Germany with an invasion while giving Russia the aid it needs in defending Moscow.

But that’s just my opionion.  That said, it does sound fun to play out to see what would really happen.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

In every game where America starts out going for Germany first, without investing anything into the Pacific, and I followed up with a push on W. USA, I’ve won with E. USA falling long before Germany (usually this also pulls England out of the game too since they are now dumping units like mad into Washington while you bomb the crud out of DC and build up tanks for C. USA.)

• @Cmdr:

In every game where America starts out going for Germany first, without investing anything into the Pacific, and I followed up with a push on W. USA, I’ve won with E. USA falling long before Germany (usually this also pulls England out of the game too since they are now dumping units like mad into Washington while you bomb the crud out of DC and build up tanks for C. USA.)

On what turn did Japan capture Wus?  Turn 2? 3? 4?

Also, when you moved into position, how many forces did you set up?  Obviously if America has at least 43 IPCs (possibly more if on the turn which you set up, you took away their Pacific NO and they may have Algeria, Libya as well), then he could just build 6 arm and 4 inf(42 IPCs total), and he could land any air force in range also.

Did the player just not build defenses, or what?

• This is one of many strat suggestions which obviously will not work against decent players.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m