UK 44
    Russia 43
    Japan 39
    ANZAC 20
    China 14
    UK Pacific 13
    Italy 4

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

I will concede here. I thought there was a slight chance that I might have a better than 0% chance of holding Hawaii for 2 more turns, and of taking India (Not with the Germans alone but with the Japanese coming down to attack after). But you’ve definitely blocked that.

Very well played @Amon-Sul. I look forward to the rematch (down the road).

• Thanks. I was ready to build an AB in NT and pull anzac figs there, and block W India with AnZAC tac.

I think i played a very good game from the start.

I was able to surprise U and to block U on all sides.

As for the rematch, i would like to play the axis, I was strongly defeated last time in our game, I think I have the place for improvement.

Where would U like Ur 16 IpC bid?

• '15 '14

Grats Amon!
    Taking down Farmboy’s Axis is a big accomplishment. I assume you may have caught him on the wrong foot with your aggressive anti-Japan strategy in the beginning. Like I caught you on the wrong foot when I DOWed with Japan in turn 2 nevertheless.
    This Allied strategy has to rely on avoiding Germany becoming an unstoppable juggernaut which seemed to have worked in this game.

But brace yourself. This will not be easy to repeat. In case of a rematch, Farmboy will come up with something against your strategy, I am certain about that:D

• @JDOW said in Farmboy (X) vs Amon Sul (A+16):

Grats Amon!
    Taking down Farmboy’s Axis is a big accomplishment. I assume you may have caught him on the wrong foot with your aggressive anti-Japan strategy in the beginning. Like I caught you on the wrong foot when I DOWed with Japan in turn 2 nevertheless.
    This Allied strategy has to rely on avoiding Germany becoming an unstoppable juggernaut which seemed to have worked in this game.

But brace yourself. This will not be easy to repeat. In case of a rematch, Farmboy will come up with something against your strategy, I am certain about that:D

Thanks.

Well i played a focused and strong game from the beginning, also had some slight help with the dice in the beginning, but I think the win was well deserved.

But, Farmboy is as myself more of an allied dude.

Nonethelles he is high tier E, so this big win is realy important for me.

I personally think that there is a (big) space in contesting Japan early on and I wont stop persuading this strategies in the future.

Japan starts the game with lack of money, small ships (dds, tranies, subs), ACs and (even) land units.

Once Yunan superfortress is established it id hard for Japan to come back in to the game.

If the allies secure Moscow, it is more or less the open road to victory.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

This is a belated comment but was just going to say that the win was certainly well deserved. I was over confident at first, and then was in trouble pretty early.

The challenge of Amon’s approach is that he also puts a lot of allied air in china and the mid east very early which meant that I never really had a chance to take advantage of the units he pulled away from Moscow.

I did have more options with Germany. Had I had a more single minded focus on Moscow or on getting fast movers into the middle east, maybe I would have had more success. Or alternatively, I could have put more energy into messing with the UK. I did spend a lot of German income trying to keep Italy in the game, but not enough. So I either needed to double down on that or (more likely) abandon Italy’s fleet earlier. A G2 is an option as well and I would have liked to have seen how your game played out with better dice for Amon.

But I think the real key is how one plays Japan. I waited to J4 for the DOW to give Germany/Italy more of a free hand. In hindsight, I think that was a mistake because I let him dictate the play in the pacific.

Definitely looking forward to the rematch.

• @farmboy said in Farmboy (X) vs Amon Sul (A+16):

The challenge of Amon’s approach is that he also puts a lot of allied air in china and the mid east very early which meant that I never really had a chance to take advantage of the units he pulled away from Moscow.

I am not sure i quite get this.

• Oh, I suppose U mean about my allied figs going to Moscow?

• @Amon-Sul yeah. I never had much of a chance to take Moscow because by the time I got close, you already had a ton of allied fighters within reach. It more than make up for the Soviet units in China.

And different choices with Germany may have improved my chances, but it was Japan’s play that let you get much of that air in range.

@Amon-Sul yeah. I never had much of a chance to take Moscow because by the time I got close, you already had a ton of allied fighters within reach. It more than make up for the Soviet units in China.

And different choices with Germany may have improved my chances, but it was Japan’s play that let you get much of that air in range.

Yep, NW Persia (later Iraq) and Yunnan - India.

My dream is a Yunnan airbase :)

• And it is great when U can strike sz 97 from Moscow with British planes. U can reach Yunnan too.

@Amon-Sul yeah. I never had much of a chance to take Moscow because by the time I got close, you already had a ton of allied fighters within reach. It more than make up for the Soviet units in China.

It was Japan play, and it was allied play. My NT dudes really helped.

• I am glad this strategy was tested against U , since U emptied Japan of units pretty fast , and they were all in Asia, or in the islands.

Germany went heavily on Eastern front, ok an AB in Yugo, later IC, but not much naval and air buyings, pure land and Moscow direction.

I got the element of surprise, but still i think i played a really good game. I even stopped U in the ME, which i did not expect, even Russia went so good with all those planes.

That India - Yunnan - NT triangle was great.

And the help that UK Pacific sent to ME in the right time.

I am glad U re motivated to play against me again, and I am looking forward to our matches in 2021 :)

• @Amon-Sul said in Farmboy (X) vs Amon Sul (A+16):

@farmboy said in Farmboy (X) vs Amon Sul (A+16):

It was Japan play, and it was allied play. My NT dudes really helped.
    Absolutely. And sorry, by referencing Japan’s mistakes, I don’t mean to minimize the cleverness of the strategy or your execution of it. Just trying to think through how I would have to play against it differently. I think I had effectively lost the game by round 4 or 5 unless there was a major dicing or error. And short of dicings or sloppiness, I’m not usually in such bad shape as axis, or in such good shape as allies that early, so I have to think through what I could do differently in response. And I want to play against it again to see if different choices can shift the outcome. Of course, I realize that different choices on my part will lead to different counters on your part. So it might just mean I lose in a different way. But figuring these things out is part of the fun.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m