Set Uup Post

Bid $61

UK: $36
    (1) Fighter Scotland
    (3) SS 111, 106, 98
    (1) DD 91
    Russia: $25
    (1) Artillery Buryatia
    (7) Infantry Bessarabia, Eastern Poland, Baltic States, Novgorod, Belarus, Western Ukraine, Ukraine

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Please let me know if you are good with this Edit Policy or you want to revise it…

Edit Policy:
    a) Once a combat roll is made no edits of any kind before the combat roll occurred are allowed with the following exception. USA or China may edit at end of UK as long it is NCM and did not impact UK combat.
    b) Once Opponent B has posted in any format a portion of their current Turn no edits of Opponent A’s previous Turns are allowed. A grace period of 1 hour after your opponent has posted is required. You can not roll dice the “second” after your opponent posts. If you want to, you need to ask for permission.
    c) Any Edit necessary to fix an illegal move. Such as flying a plane over a Neutral into combat. Not unloading combat ground troops picked up during the Combat Move phase from a transport during an Amphibious Attack. Not placing all possible units during the Mobilize New Units phase.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Testing Forum poster

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 2.5.22294, time: 7:41:32 AM
    Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 1

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Game setup and ready to go. Looking forward to a fun and competitive game!

• @AndrewAAGamer @GeneralDisarray @DrakeMortis GL and HF everybody! And may the dice treat all of us fairly.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 1

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 3 artilleries and 6 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 110 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Norway to 110 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
            3 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France
            3 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France
            2 bombers moved from Germany to 110 Sea Zone

Savegame

• Scramble request sea zone #110. Submerge request sea zone #106. This file is not prompting me for the posts when going to combat as the last one did, so I had to post manually. Is there a way to correct this or will I need to post manually each time? The Edit Policy is fine as stated. My experience so far is we don’t have to worry about people rolling dice the “second” an opponent has posted, but the rule is acceptable. That said, I would greatly prefer a live game on AAA with both players “sitting at the table” at agreed upon times for all parties. This would allow the games to be resolved much quicker (weeks as opposed to months), players to view each others edits in real time (instead of tediously picking through a mass of edits for any potential errors/illegal moves), and give more of a feeling of playing against humans vs. computers. With weeks to study each turn, it just cheapens the competitiveness in my view. But this is a play be email forum, so good luck and looking forward to a great game!

• @AndrewAAGamer Is portion A) of the Edit Policy official tournament rules?

• I like these edit rules better simply because you could decide to move more or less units on the non combat to make up for any bad battles that may have occurred.
    Let me know your thoughts
    Andy

a) Once a combat roll is made no edits of any kind before the combat roll occurred are allowed with one exception. Forgotten Units. A “Forgotten Unit” is a unit that never moved during that Power’s Turn and that unit unequivocally and without any doubt was just forgotten to be moved and that the requested edited move is obviously the intended move if the unit had not been forgotten. Any doubt, no matter how small, voids this exception. Including any potential gain of knowledge received due to dice rolls.
    b) Once Opponent B has posted in any format a portion of their current Turn no edits of Opponent A’s previous Turns are allowed. This includes “Forgotten Units”.
    c) Any Edit necessary to fix an illegal move. Such as flying a plane over a Neutral into combat. Not unloading combat ground troops picked up during the Combat Move phase from a transport during an Amphibious Attack. Not placing all possible units during the Mobilize New Units phase.

• @DrakeMortis said in TT General Death (X) vs MajikAndrew (A+61) OOB:

@AndrewAAGamer Is portion A) of the Edit Policy official tournament rules?

Nope they are not. This Tournament uses the League Rules. The default League Rules allow no edits at all:

9 - Order of Play - From page 11 of the rulebook: Axis and Allies is played in rounds. A round consists of each power taking a turn. Your power’s turn consists of six phases, which take place in a fixed sequence. When you finish the Collect Income phase, your turn is over. Play then passes to the next power.
    You may not go back to previous phases/turns of the game and make changes without your opponent’s permission.

Since I started playing here I have found most people like to allow some edits which is where the proposed edit policy came from. Basically my talking with other players and coming up with it. It is by no means official so if you want to do something else just let us know and we will work to come to some agreement.

• @GeneralDisarray said in TT General Death (X) vs MajikAndrew (A+61) OOB:

I like these edit rules better simply because you could decide to move more or less units on the non combat to make up for any bad battles that may have occurred.
    Let me know your thoughts
    Andy

a) Once a combat roll is made no edits of any kind before the combat roll occurred are allowed with one exception. Forgotten Units. A “Forgotten Unit” is a unit that never moved during that Power’s Turn and that unit unequivocally and without any doubt was just forgotten to be moved and that the requested edited move is obviously the intended move if the unit had not been forgotten. Any doubt, no matter how small, voids this exception. Including any potential gain of knowledge received due to dice rolls.
    b) Once Opponent B has posted in any format a portion of their current Turn no edits of Opponent A’s previous Turns are allowed. This includes “Forgotten Units”.

Posted without seeing this. THOSE ARE MY RULES I MADE UP! With input from Majikforce too. They are more strict than the newer ones.

I am totally good using those instead. How about you @majikforce ?

This file is not prompting me for the posts when going to combat as the last one did, so I had to post manually. Is there a way to correct this or will I need to post manually each time?

Hmmm, not sure why it is doing that or actually not doing that. I see all the fields filled in. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Also I am not getting notifications for this thread even though I have “Watching” set.

Scramble request sea zone #110. Submerge request sea zone #106.

No scramble. Sub fights.

• @AndrewAAGamer said in TT General Death (X) vs MajikAndrew (A+61) OOB:

@DrakeMortis said in TT General Death (X) vs MajikAndrew (A+61) OOB:

This file is not prompting me for the posts when going to combat as the last one did, so I had to post manually. Is there a way to correct this or will I need to post manually each time?

Hmmm, not sure why it is doing that or actually not doing that. I see all the fields filled in. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in?

On the triple A start up screen is the box saying post after combat checked? I think its below the sign in for the forum.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 1

Game History

Purchase Units - Germans

Combat Move - Germans
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France

Combat - Germans
            Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 2 submarines
                British defend with 1 destroyer, 1 submarine and 1 transport
                    British roll dice for 1 submarine in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits

Germans regular : 0.33
    British regular : -0.17

Savegame

• OOL sea zone #106, 1 hit.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Germans

Combat Move - Germans

Combat - Germans
            Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 2 submarines
                British defend with 1 destroyer, 1 submarine and 1 transport
                    British roll dice for 1 submarine in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 106 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Germans and 1 submarine owned by the British lost in 106 Sea Zone
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 106 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 106 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 106 Sea Zone, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 106 Sea Zone, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 106 Sea Zone, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 106 Sea Zone, round 5 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Germans lost in 106 Sea Zone
                British win with 1 destroyer and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                Casualties for Germans: 2 submarines
                Casualties for British: 1 submarine
            Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 2 submarines and 3 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 battleship and 1 cruiser; French defend with 1 cruiser
                    Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the British
                    Germans roll dice for 2 bombers, 4 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 4/9 hits, 5.33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 battleship and 2 cruisers in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.67 expected hits
                    1 cruiser owned by the French, 1 submarine owned by the Germans, 1 cruiser owned by the British and 1 battleship owned by the British lost in 110 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 1 submarine and 3 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 38
                Casualties for Germans: 1 submarine
                Casualties for British: 1 battleship and 1 cruiser
                Casualties for French: 1 cruiser
            Battle in France
                Germans attack with 6 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys
                British defend with 1 armour and 1 artillery; French defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 factory_major, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 6 armour, 3 artilleries, 7 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys in France, round 2 : 7/20 hits, 6.33 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 aaGun, 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 6 infantry in France, round 2 : 5/11 hits, 4.33 expected hits
                    1 aaGun owned by the French, 5 infantry owned by the Germans and 6 infantry owned by the French lost in France
                    Germans roll dice for 6 armour, 3 artilleries, 2 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys in France, round 3 : 8/15 hits, 5.50 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 2 armour, 2 artilleries and 1 fighter in France, round 3 : 2/5 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Germans, 1 armour owned by the French, 1 fighter owned by the French, 1 artillery owned by the British, 1 armour owned by the British and 1 artillery owned by the French lost in France
                Germans captures 19PUs while taking French capital
                Germans converts factory_major into different units
                Germans win, taking France from French with 6 armour, 3 artilleries and 4 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 32
                Casualties for Germans: 7 infantry
                Casualties for French: 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                Casualties for British: 1 armour and 1 artillery
            Trigger Germans Conquer France: Setting switch to true for conditionAttachment_French_1_Liberation_Switch attached to French

Non Combat Move - Germans
            1 infantry moved from Romania to Bulgaria
                  Germans take Bulgaria from Neutral_Axis
            2 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Romania
            1 armour moved from Slovakia Hungary to Poland
            3 infantry moved from Poland to Slovakia Hungary
            3 artilleries moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            3 aaGuns and 11 infantry moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            1 fighter moved from Slovakia Hungary to Southern Italy
            1 submarine moved from 124 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
                  Germans take Finland from Neutral_Axis
            2 bombers moved from 110 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            4 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from 110 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            2 infantry moved from Denmark to 113 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 113 Sea Zone to Germany
            2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Greater Southern Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Poland to Western Germany
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to Southern Italy

Place Units - Germans
            3 artilleries and 6 infantry placed in Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 37 PUs; end with 56 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 61 PUs
            Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 66 PUs

French regular : 0.33
    Germans regular : 1.50
    British regular : -0.17

Savegame

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m