TT Pejones (X) vs adam-dominion (A+16) BM3

• That payed off a bit, but was inconsequential.

• @trulpen said in TT Pejones (X) vs adam-dominion (A+16) BM3:

That payed off a bit, but was inconsequential.

uhh I beg to differ. It alllowed us to go on the offensive instead of heading south toward cauc and being defensive, and it opened up more pathways for threats since we were so much closer to your capitols, not to mention allowing us to sack Italy and cut Europe in half.

• We ended up turning the tables and getting the Germans on the defensive instead. So the Russians were doing the offensive threats and controlling the game !

• 2023 '22

-15 for the Germans haha :D Well that really stated the obvious that it was time for the Axis to throw in the towel.

I agree with AD that it was a very clever use of the Soviets, which payed off very well, especially in terms of taking Leningrad by forcing away the Germans and then parking outside Berlin and making it possible for you to via land get rid of Mussolini and his pack. However, what trulpen is referring to are the two major blunders which turned the tide of the game in my opinion, sea battle outside Rome and then the killing of the Luftwaffe in Greece. After that I guess it was pretty much it! I remember a post where you AD basically said that we have this unless we fuck up haha! I think I helped as much as I could with Japan in the middle east, but I am not an expert so maybe I could have done more. At any rate it is very hard getting that 6th VC in the Pacific with a healthy ANZAC and US that earns 90-100/round. Advice here is welcome :)

Anyway, thanks for this game that lasted about 6 months or so hehe.

• @axis-dominion said in TT Pejones (X) vs adam-dominion (A+16) BM3:

We ended up turning the tables and getting the Germans on the defensive instead. So the Russians were doing the offensive threats and controlling the game

There is definitely truth to that, but what I mean is that it wasn’t what won you the game.

What won you the game (except for being excellent) was for the first part that I missed that air could land in N Italy allowing you to sack Rome. The expected TUV-swing was about +10 and the result was +47. Most importantly Germany lost 7 fig, 3 tac.

For the second part that I missed the possibility of a neutral crush and you could trade a lot of mech for a lot of air. Expected TUV-swing was 180 and the result was +178. Germany lost 2 fig, 11 tac, 1 sb.

Now that my friends is the reason why the Nazi’s lost the war. Hitler demanding Rome and Greece to be defended at all costs. Hitler is stupid.

• 2023 '22

Yes I also referred to the sack of Rome.

• 9 fig, 14 tac, 1 sb = 208 TUV

• @trulpen said in TT Pejones (X) vs adam-dominion (A+16) BM3:

9 fig (90), 14 tac (154), 1 sb (14) = 2[5]8 TUV

Err, should say 258 TUV of air, obviously.

• @trulpen just now seeing that this game was called. I enjoyed spectating it alot! a really entertaining and dynamic matchup.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m