• Hello everybody this is my first message, I’m an Italian player of A&A and I would like to know your impressions on this KJF strategy.

First Round:

USSR: purchase 3 Inf 3 Arm and attacks West Russia and Ukraine or Norway or Belarus. Puts 4 Inf in Sinkiang and 6 in Buryatia

UK: purchase 2 transport 1 Inf 1 Arm and attacks Norway with 2 Inf 1 Arm 1 Artillery (assuming Germany uses his Atlantic Submarine with the fighters to destroy the Brits Battelship in Med). Uk destroyer goes from India to S59 and destroy the Jap transport. Uk moves his South African Inf to Kenya (assuming Germany destroyed Brits in Angloegypt) and Persian Inf to India.
    Uk also moves the Indian Fleet in S30 and also the Australian Fleet.
    Uk also moves one armor from East Canada to Alaska, and one Inf from West Canada to Alaska.

USA: in my mind Pearl Harbour goes average for both USA and Japan and so a Yankee counter-attack to the Hawaii is not possible with S55 fleet.

USA send 2 Fighters (1 from East USA, 1 from West USA) to Alaska. USA send his Destroyer to S55 and the Bomber to London to make strategic bombing on Berlin.

USA also make the quick attack vs. Algeria with 2 transport, 1 destroyer, 2 Inf, 1 Arm and 1 Art.

USA purchase 1 IC in Alaska and 1 AC in S55 (Los Angeles). USA moves 2 Inf from Central USA to West Canada.

Round 2

USSR: looking what Germany does, keep doing his resistance against the Nazis…

UK: attacks Karelia. Purchase 1 IC, 2 Inf, 2 Arm. Send all his fleet from S30 to S40. Put the IC in Australia and the land forces in UK.

Usually my friends doesn’t buy fleet in the Baltic with Germany, so an air attack to the baltic fleet (2 Figh 1 Bomb vs. 1 Destr 1 Trans 2 Sub) can be done quite easily.

USA: Moves the fleet from S55 to S63 and puts 2 fighers from Alaska to the AC in S63. They move 2 Inf from W Usa to Alaska with the transport. They also move 2 inf from West Canada to Alaska.
    USA purchase 2 Battelships in S63 (alaska).
    The fleet used to attack Algeria (if still alive) run away from the German Battelship.

Round 3:

USSR keep doing his resistance against Germans.

UK: Purchase 1 AC and 1 Fighter. Eventually if she has money left, use it to buy troops in UK.
    Attacks or Reinforce Karelia again.

Moves the fleet from S40 (southern australia) to S46 (northern australia). Then place the AC and the fighter in S46 creating the Uber-Fleet of southern pacific.

USA: Buys 1 Battelship 1 Transport 2 Armor.
    Send the surviving atlantic fleet (2 trans 1 dd) to help the british one.

Place the battelship and the trans in Alaska, 2 armors in W Usa.

The idea of this strategy is that at the beginning of Round 4 Japan forces a double threat: south with the Britsh and their 2 AC 2 Figh 2 Trans 1 Sub that can threatens the “rich” Islands (Borneo, East Indies, Philippines); north is threatened by the Uber-Fleet made of 4 Battelships, 1 AC, 2 Fight, 2 Trans, 1 DD that can invade continental asia or Japan’s Homeland.

Crucial is the role of UK in Karelia and the resistance of Russia and how goes the US invasion of Algeria.

What do you think?

• Don’t like it

On J1, I purchase 3 trans, 1 arm.

Assuming LL,

Attack:

China, 2 inf, 1 fig with 5 inf, 1 fig - assuming i hit only once on first turn (1 hit, 1 die roll 2 or less) and US hits twice (same odds) - this degrades down to Japan with 2 inf and fig against a US fig (5/6 vs 4/6) - I dont care how this is resolved as long as I get the us fig.  If Japan hits twice on first turn, takes 2-3 inf. left.

Bury, 6 inf. with BB support, 3 inf, arm, 3 figs - assuming Jap hits 3 first round (2 hits guaranteed, get either BB or 3/6 role hits), will loose no more than three inf first two rounds and if lone russian hits round 3, can decide whether to loose armor or fig.

Pearl (light)

AC, sub, Fig attacked with DD, sub, 2 figs, bom - AC at Wake - if taken with 2 losses, lose bom and leave DD or sub in Hawaii SZ, figs to carrier to prevent BB attacking in counter.

If you go through with Alaska - without naval defense - can hit J2 with BB, 3 inf, art, 2 tank, 2 figs and probably take with 2 armor, and may keep my figs.  US could counter with 4 inf, bom, BB - but japan could set up counters against the exposed US navy and Alaska.

While brit fleet becomes a nuisance, lack of any real resistance in Africa/Med, probably leaves Germany free reign there (DD, 2 trans - taken on G2, Algeria retaken on G2 or G3 - rest of Africa taken on G3 - G4-5 - moving in to T-J, persia)  On G3 - Figs/Bom can take out UK BB and trans.  By G4 - push load of inf/tanks to Ukraine, with little worry about US/UK attacks into Western.

• SeaLion also open on G2 or G3 - both with no hope of liberation

• '16 '15 '10

@Fabius:

Hello everybody this is my first message, I’m an Italian player of A&A and I would like to know your impressions on this KJF strategy.

First Round:
    UK: purchase 2 transport 1 Inf 1 Arm and attacks Norway with 2 Inf 1 Arm 1 Artillery (assuming Germany uses his Atlantic Submarine with the fighters to destroy the Brits Battelship in Med). Uk destroyer goes from India to S59 and destroy the Jap transport. Uk moves his South African Inf to Kenya (assuming Germany destroyed Brits in Angloegypt) and Persian Inf to India.
    Uk also moves the Indian Fleet in S30 and also the Australian Fleet.
    Uk also moves one armor from East Canada to Alaska, and one Inf from West Canada to Alaska.

What do you think?

I think I’m either going to take London or destroy your North Sea fleet on G2.

Also, an IC in Alaska doesn’t seem a good use of ipcs–-why not buy an extra AC with that cash or consider a Sink IC?  In the strat you describe Japan is going to get rich on mainland ICs which will allow them to buy air to resist the dual fleet threat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m