Ideal new air unit stats and costs

• All units have AA abilities in my game which may occur with 1/6 chance per attacking enemy air unit before battles. The same as with ground AA gun. However I have a problem to find the correct costs and stats for new air units.

Assuming infantry (1/2/1 3ipc), artillery (2/2/1 4ipc) and armour 3/3/2 5ipc).

Any thoughts?

• Wouldn’t this make the AA gun pointless and aircraft would become so weak. I don’t think anyone would buy aircraft. Even if they were 6 IPC you would be better off buying an armor unit.

• What about this one:

Infantry 1/3/1 3ipc supportable
    Artillery 2/3/1 4ipc supports
    Armour 3/4/2 5ipc

Fighter 2/2/4 3ipc 2 air at, 2 air def
    Bomber2/1/6 4ipc 1-2 damage

Destroyer 2/2/2 3.5ipc

• That is better. I assume the setup is drastically changing?
    Just curious, why the need to give each unit AA capabilities?

I would recommend not doing 1/2 ipcs.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

Your Infantry are to strong on Defense @3.

What are the rest of ship values ? I believe his AA rule was only 1 or 3 AA shots at planes. If more than 3 pieces only 1-3 AA shots still . Same for ships.

• @Eric-Poppleton @GEN-MANSTEIN

Benefits of making all units AA.

1. No need separate AA gun, more space.
    2. Cheaper air and naval costs allow more different combination of purchases. It encourage German naval build up and two ocean going USA.
    3. Losing air unit isn’t a big deal anymore.

Though I have been still working on balancing units with each other after giving AA ability. I think I’m getting closer.

Further stacks do not increase AA possibilities. Only matter is amount of attacker planes. 1/6 shot down chance per attacker air unit.

I had to give ground forces +1 defense otherwise especially infantry would become so ineffective considering fighter has 2 defense and just 3ipc cost.

This is of course unplayable on board because of fractionel numbers and upkeep ( Yes there is also upkeep and method to buy 1 destroyer despite 3.5 ipc cost but its out of topic otherwise calculating massive stacks would be huge trouble). Its totally for TripleA I just wanted to learn with these unit set up, would air units be underpowered/overpowered or balanced?

The current unit set up like this (still progressing);

chart.png

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m