• 2007 AAR League

The obvious solution is a Tech League and a non-Tech league.  Makes sense that way you are comparing apples to apples, a non-tech game is very different from a tech game.

• @U-505:

And just remember that radar doesn’t make SBR’s unprofitable. It only brings the cost/benefit numbers back to a relatively normal level with the advantage still being with the bombers. You knock twice as many bombers out, but the ones that survive still do double damage. You can figure [6 bombers v. radar] means on average 2 lost bombers with 4 remaining bombers rolling 8 damage dice as opposed to [6 bombers v. AA] with on average 1 lost bomber and 5 remaining bombers rolling 5 damage dice. Radar doesn’t exactly offset heavy bombers completely.

A quick factual addition: if one player has heavy bombers and the 'target’has radar it doesnt just balance it back to equal.  Main reason is that the capital cost of bombers is halved.  One bomber at 12 IPC is still carrying out the duties of 2 bombers at 24 IPC, even though the risk/reward equation is comparable.

• @Bardoly:

@questioneer:

Finally, someone with some sense.  3 or 16 %-who cares its too dicey- might as well play russian roulette or craps.  If you tech people “love” tech so much than you guys can play me everytime and I’ll start out with heavy bombers and you- nothing.  I mean c’mon “tech doesn’t effect the game that much right???”

Come on.  Why should someone just give you a free tech?  Are you that insecure in your strategy?  Just because we “tech players” love tech so much, doesn’t mean that we even use tech in every single game.  It’s just an additional strategic option which also happens to be very historical.

Look, I think the people deserve a CHOICE to turn the option on or off as well as the NOs.  Also, what about the 2 new optional rules that Larry gave us in the new FAQs- use them or no???

Questioneer

Haven’t you been reading the posts?  It has been proposed and accepted that players could request and play non-tech games.

In my opinion, for the 2 new optional rules, the Intercepter rule would help shut up the whining about SBRs, so I say use it.  Personally, in my group’s games, SBR is rarely used, so, the new rule won’t affect us much.  For the closing of the Dardanelles, it will definitely change our games by keeping Italy off of Russia’s back, but the rule is more historical, so I also say let’s use it.

Comment1:
    Historical???  LOL  Measuring actual research and development with dice- right lol :lol:

Comment2:
    Sorry, No-tech games are cool, haven’t been keeping up- this forum is huge you know.

Comment3:
    Agree with 1st optional rule, but the 2nd (close black sea)- would that unbalance the game to allies a bit though???- debatable.

• Hey, where’s the sign-up forum/thread to play people for AA50? How can a noob like me (well, noob to AA50) get to learn to play if there’s no place to say ‘hey, anyone want to play or tutor me?’ Is it basically PM people to play at the moment?

• There is a thread in the Find Players and Game Discussion section for people looking for AA50 games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m