• 2023 '20

I think your benefitting from my head first jump into the concrete slab of the league far more than i am. You get to receive the knowledge of hard experience without the hardness.

But - its end of year. I Am getting some good experience going into next year!

• I’m a long way from league play.

Hopefully, at some point, I’ll be able to breathe long enough to upload a bunch of games and analyze them; step by step, piece by pice angle by angle.

Once I start to get systematic about something, the results can be pretty darn good. The study definitely pays off. But that ain’t happening this week or this month in all probability. But, each of these openings has a limited amount of outcomes and each one of those outcomes has a limited number of effective counters and so on.

Your aggressive play in this game shows a huge improvement over your play from early last month. More than likely, due your confidence at having a clear idea of what to do and how to adjust. That is a beautiful thing.

My aggression is built on ignorance and impulse. That said, I am learning much. The move your getting ready to pull with ANZAC and the move with the US is wayyyy informative for me, and the way you have coordinated your Pac nations is teaching me a ton; so thanks.

I hope I can give you some wrinkles later on that can at least help you to learn something. But I’m afraid in these recent games, I am the one doing most of the learning.

• 2023 '20

Not sure i agree with your last statement. I get my but kicked in league, with a lack of understanding a rule, or a limited understanding or purchases and strat. Then i play you (and this is all simultaneous), and i get to try to to use the learning without being over-whelmed at avoiding the next catastrophic mistake in the next round in my league game.
    And its only a game. My goal this year was to learn. League is accelerating that. You help tie it all together.

• Thanks man, I feel bad cause our skill levels are so different right now. So it’s nice to know I’m helping. Good.

• 2023 '20

@Stough
    You have s different learning approach that i think will serve you very well in the long run. I usually jump into things with both feet and minimal looking. I have a knack for strategic thinking - but my unsystematic way of approaching things can lead to unforeseen consequences. Your analysis is far more indepth than mine. In the long run - that is going to serve you very well. Currently, my main strategy is to await an opening. I am at the will of my opponent. I position and purchase and play in a way to keep my options and forces flexible, and i am quite good a spotting an opening and laying out good execution. Hence my good japan play; but eventually, the opponents are going to get tougher, and an opening is not something that happens - it something that you force to happen, especially so with germany. And that is where your deep understanding, when you get there, is going to out play my style. Which - 40 years of history shows - isn’t likely to change much.

1st league game, he was beating me soundly in europe. 4 turns from capturing and holding berlin and rome both, without fail. I moved my japan forces around in an unexpected manner through the only opening i saw - which sounds an awful like our 2nd game - in conjunction with some moves with germany. He figured out what i was doing 1 turn to late, and only won due to his last ditch attack that had a 6.7% chance of success.

But in all honesty his long strategic analytical grind had me. It wasn’t My move was exotic and very successful, and quite well planned and played, but not likely to be repeated. Its one of those that’s easy to block if you know to look out for it. And that’s where your style will out play me in the long run.
    II really got to improve my german game, and really work on the long term analysis to be able to play allies better.

• 2023 '20

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: ANZAC round 2

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 destroyer, 1 submarine and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 3 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 62 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 destroyer, 1 submarine and 1 transport placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 13 PUs
            Trigger ANZAC 1 Control Original And Malaya: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 18 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 23 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• 2023 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 destroyer, 1 submarine and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 3 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 62 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 destroyer, 1 submarine and 1 transport placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 13 PUs
            Trigger ANZAC 1 Control Original And Malaya: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 18 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 23 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Algeria to Tunisia
            1 infantry moved from French Central Africa to French Equatorial Africa
            1 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Egypt

Turn Complete - French

Savegame

• I really didn’t mean for those attacks to take place. I was just testing stuff out to see what was what.

I’m still working out my German3.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 3

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 3

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans repair damage of 6x factory_minor; Remaining resources: 45 PUs; 
            Germans buy 2 armour, 1 bomber, 5 infantry and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Germans
            Germans takes Political Action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Germans and Russians from Neutrality to War
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and British from Neutrality to Allied
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and UK_Pacific from Neutrality to Allied
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and ANZAC from Neutrality to Allied
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and French from Neutrality to Allied
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and Neutral_Allies from Neutrality to Friendly_Neutral
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and Neutral_Axis from Neutrality to Unfriendly_Neutral
            Trigger Russians Allied Americans 1: Changing Relationship for Russians and Americans from Neutrality to Allied

Combat Move - Germans
            1 infantry moved from Poland to Baltic States
                  Germans take Baltic States from Russians
            1 destroyer moved from 113 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 113 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Romania to Bessarabia
                  Germans take Bessarabia from Russians
            4 infantry moved from Romania to Eastern Poland
                  Germans take Eastern Poland from Russians
            3 armour, 4 artilleries and 17 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Eastern Poland
            3 artilleries and 8 infantry moved from Poland to Eastern Poland
            1 infantry moved from Finland to Karelia
                  Germans take Karelia from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Finland to Vyborg
                  Germans take Vyborg from Russians
            3 bombers moved from Western Germany to 125 Sea Zone

Savegame

• TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 3

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans repair damage of 6x factory_minor; Remaining resources: 45 PUs; 
            Germans buy 2 armour, 1 bomber, 5 infantry and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Germans
            Germans takes Political Action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Germans and Russians from Neutrality to War
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and British from Neutrality to Allied
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and UK_Pacific from Neutrality to Allied
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and ANZAC from Neutrality to Allied
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and French from Neutrality to Allied
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and Neutral_Allies from Neutrality to Friendly_Neutral
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and Neutral_Axis from Neutrality to Unfriendly_Neutral
            Trigger Russians Allied Americans 1: Changing Relationship for Russians and Americans from Neutrality to Allied

Combat Move - Germans
            1 infantry moved from Poland to Baltic States
                  Germans take Baltic States from Russians
            1 destroyer moved from 113 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 113 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Romania to Bessarabia
                  Germans take Bessarabia from Russians
            4 infantry moved from Romania to Eastern Poland
                  Germans take Eastern Poland from Russians
            3 armour, 4 artilleries and 17 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Eastern Poland
            3 artilleries and 8 infantry moved from Poland to Eastern Poland
            1 infantry moved from Finland to Karelia
                  Germans take Karelia from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Finland to Vyborg
                  Germans take Vyborg from Russians
            3 bombers moved from Western Germany to 125 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
            Battle in 125 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 3 bombers, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
                British defend with 1 submarine
                    Germans roll dice for 3 bombers, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer in 125 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 2.83 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 submarine in 125 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the British lost in 125 Sea Zone
                Germans win, taking 125 Sea Zone from Neutral with 3 bombers, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for British: 1 submarine

Non Combat Move - Germans
            2 infantry moved from Germany to 113 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 113 Sea Zone to 105 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 105 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            2 infantry moved from France to Southern France
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Southern Italy to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Southern Italy to France
            1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to France
            1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to Western Germany
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Southern Italy to Western Germany
            4 armour moved from Germany to Eastern Poland
            2 aaGuns moved from Slovakia Hungary to Eastern Poland
            1 aaGun moved from Poland to Eastern Poland
            4 artilleries and 5 infantry moved from Germany to Poland
            1 armour moved from Western Germany to Poland
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to Poland
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Southern France to Northern Italy
            3 bombers moved from 125 Sea Zone to Western Germany

Place Units - Germans
            1 submarine placed in 112 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 bomber and 5 infantry placed in Western Germany
            1 armour placed in Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 2
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 105 Sea Zone. Rolls: 6,3
            Germans collect 42 PUs (2 lost to blockades); end with 42 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 47 PUs

Germans regular : -0.83
    British regular : -0.17

Savegame

• 2023 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 3

Game History

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 1 artillery and 11 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 infantry moved from Belarus to Baltic States
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Novgorod to Baltic States

Combat - Russians
            Russians creates battle in territory 105 Sea Zone
            Battle in 105 Sea Zone
                Russians attack with 1 submarine
                Germans defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Germans lost in 105 Sea Zone
                Russians win, taking 105 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Germans: 1 transport
            Battle in Baltic States
                Russians attack with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Baltic States, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Baltic States, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Baltic States
                Russians win, taking Baltic States from Germans with 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Russians
            2 fighters moved from Baltic States to Novgorod
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Baltic States to Novgorod
            2 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Belarus to Novgorod
            1 cruiser moved from 114 Sea Zone to 115 Sea Zone
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 14 infantry moved from Belarus to Bryansk
            2 aaGuns, 2 artilleries and 10 infantry moved from Western Ukraine to Bryansk
            2 infantry moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
            1 mech_infantry moved from Caucasus to Northwest Persia
                  Russians take Northwest Persia from Neutral_Allies
            1 artillery and 8 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
            6 infantry moved from Yenisey to Timguska

Place Units - Russians
            3 infantry placed in Novgorod
            1 artillery and 8 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 35 PUs; end with 35 PUs

Germans regular : -0.33
    Russians regular : -0.83

Savegame

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Japanese round 3

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 2 carriers, 3 destroyers and 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Shan State to Yunnan
                  Japanese take Yunnan from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Kansu
                  Japanese take Kansu from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from French Indo China to Kwangsi
            1 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Shensi
                  Japanese take Shensi from Chinese
            2 infantry moved from Anhwe to Kiangsi
            2 infantry moved from Anhwe to Hunan
            1 infantry moved from Hopei to Kweichow
            1 artillery moved from Hopei to Kweichow
            2 infantry moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 4 infantry moved from Jehol to Manchuria
            1 artillery moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from French Indo China to Kwangsi
            1 infantry moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from French Indo China to Malaya
            1 bomber moved from French Indo China to Kweichow
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 2 transports moved from 36 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            2 carriers moved from 36 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 battleship moved from 36 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Sumatra to 41 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 41 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 37 Sea Zone to Malaya
            1 artillery moved from 37 Sea Zone to Malaya
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to Hunan
            1 tactical_bomber moved from French Indo China to Kiangsi
            1 tactical_bomber moved from French Indo China to Kwangsi

Combat - Japanese

Savegame

• TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 3

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 2 carriers, 3 destroyers and 1 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Shan State to Yunnan
                  Japanese take Yunnan from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Kansu
                  Japanese take Kansu from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from French Indo China to Kwangsi
            1 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Shensi
                  Japanese take Shensi from Chinese
            2 infantry moved from Anhwe to Hunan
            1 infantry moved from Hopei to Kweichow
            1 artillery moved from Hopei to Kweichow
            2 infantry moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 4 infantry moved from Jehol to Manchuria
            1 artillery moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from French Indo China to Kwangsi
            1 infantry moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from French Indo China to Malaya
            1 bomber moved from French Indo China to Kweichow
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 2 transports moved from 36 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            2 carriers moved from 36 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 battleship moved from 36 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Sumatra to 41 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 41 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 37 Sea Zone to Malaya
            1 artillery moved from 37 Sea Zone to Malaya
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to Hunan
            1 tactical_bomber moved from French Indo China to Kiangsi
            1 tactical_bomber moved from French Indo China to Kwangsi

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Kweichow
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry
                Chinese defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry in Kweichow, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kweichow, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Kweichow
                Japanese win, taking Kweichow from Chinese with 1 artillery and 1 bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Chinese: 1 infantry
            Battle in Hunan
                Japanese attack with 1 fighter and 2 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Hunan, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Hunan, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Hunan
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Hunan, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Hunan, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Hunan
                Japanese win, taking Hunan from Chinese with 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
            Battle in Kwangsi
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Kwangsi, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kwangsi, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Kwangsi
                Japanese win, taking Kwangsi from Chinese with 1 artillery and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
            Battle in Kiangsi
                Japanese attack with 4 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Japanese roll dice for 4 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Kiangsi, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kiangsi, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Kiangsi
                Japanese win, taking Kiangsi from Chinese with 3 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
            Battle in Malaya
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry
                ANZAC defend with 1 infantry; UK_Pacific defend with 1 harbour
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry in Malaya, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 infantry in Malaya, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Malaya
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 bomber in Malaya, round 3 : 0/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 infantry in Malaya, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 bomber owned by the Japanese lost in Malaya
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery in Malaya, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 infantry in Malaya, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery in Malaya, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 infantry in Malaya, round 5 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery in Malaya, round 6 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 infantry in Malaya, round 6 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery in Malaya, round 7 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 infantry in Malaya, round 7 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery in Malaya, round 8 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 infantry in Malaya, round 8 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Malaya
                UK_Pacific win with no units remaining. Battle score for attacker is -16
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 artillery moved from 19 Sea Zone to Manchuria
            1 submarine moved from 41 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 41 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 44 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
            1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 submarine, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kiangsi to 19 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 35 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 35 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kwangsi to 35 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Hunan to Kwangtung
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to 19 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to 35 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers moved from French Indo China to 19 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers moved from 19 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Kweichow to Kwangtung
            1 artillery moved from Suiyuyan to Hopei
            1 mech_infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Hopei
            1 aaGun moved from Anhwe to Hopei
            2 fighters moved from 36 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from 19 Sea Zone to Manchuria
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 36 Sea Zone to Japan
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Jehol to Manchuria
            1 fighter moved from Jehol to Manchuria
            1 fighter moved from Jehol to Japan
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Jehol to Japan

Place Units - Japanese
            2 carriers and 2 destroyers placed in 6 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer placed in 19 Sea Zone
            1 infantry placed in Kwangtung

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 58 PUs; end with 58 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 63 PUs

Chinese regular : 2.33
    Japanese regular : -2.17
    UK_Pacific regular : 0.67

Savegame

• LOL. Those rolls. Pure evil. The Japanese are just getting murdered.

• BTW. I haven’t the faintest idea what I’m trying to protect against in SZ6 Manchuria/Korea. At some point could you explain.

• I counted it up; in 3 rounds, the Japanese have lost 14 infantry, 2 artillery, 3 fighters and a bomber. I’ve lost almost 20% of my Air Force to ground units.
    It’s a blood bath. Hahaha

That said, this is the game to have shitty dice to be sure. Let’s get all that out of the way now.

• 2023 '20

Ouch. Definitely got my money’s worth out of that anzac grunt!

• He and that hose guys in the Philippines and tat Chinese guy are mighty warriors.

• A 30 ipc shift from one single infantry guy.

• 2023 '20

@Stough said in Mainah V Stough OOB IV.2:

BTW. I haven’t the faintest idea what I’m trying to protect against in SZ6 Manchuria/Korea. At some point could you explain.

What? Nothing at the moment. There is little to gain for the US to go there right now, and much to risk. You wanted to protect it better last turn to protect your navy builds - 2 figs would have kept me away.

The why in general - you got to watch out for transports that can reach. Korea is a great place for the US to build a factory. And a 1 turn move from Hawaii without any blockers. So you want to either protect SZ 6 to protect navy builds and Korea - or ensure you have an adequate counter attack force to retake Korea, and an empty SZ 6 - though keeping a navy in striking distance (Philippines, for example) to hit the US navy if they go there. course, a blocker or 2 can buy you a turn if you need or want it, to free up your navy and air to hit somewhere else, and then move back to cover SZ 6 the foillowing turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m