• @aardvarkpepper said in How does Russia stay alive in KJF?:

You quoted so much, yet conveniently did NOT quote the part that mentioned a poster needs to be a 2020 sponsor as well

Yea that $20 contribution or $10 bucks is really hard to cough up for some. You should cough up your steam ID just to prove your results.

How bout it?

• aardvarkpepper

I have a new idea, i will pay pal you the $10 bucks so you can be a patron and submit your steam ID. Since in your post this was a huge impediment, i will overcome it!

Now will you have a new excuse?

• @Imperious-Leader said in How does Russia stay alive in KJF?:

aardvarkpepper

I have a new idea, i will pay pal you the $10 bucks so you can be a patron and submit your steam ID. Since in your post this was a huge impediment, i will overcome it!

Now will you have a new excuse?

What “excuse”? I’m under no obligation to post my steam ID (which can be readily found; there’s not a load of aardvarkpeppers), or my 1942 Online ID / number (which I don’t care to give out, and apparently someone’s been giving out my ID without my consent anyways :face_with_rolling_eyes: that’s another story).

You’re the one that said there were “free” prizes, I only made the correction that one had to be a 2020 sponsor to qualify. That isn’t an “excuse”, that’s just attention to detail.

Besides which, I have no intention of playing 1942 Online much, as it doesn’t have live defender decisions. Plus the game forces casualty allocation after each like-valued group of dice instead of end of sub-phase, I don’t like the UI, and there’s bugs (like fleet locking and yes I know about “hostile/friendly” sea zones - I hear there’s STILL fleet locking - and maybe teleporting transports last I heard, and most certainly buggy implementation of fighter / carrier moves.) It’s just awkward. I prefer the **** out of TripleA. So if I did post my 1942 Online name and ID, it would essentially be under false pretenses. :face_with_rolling_eyes: as I pretty well don’t intend to PLAY 1942 Online anyways.

(though I’ll still comment on Steam because MAYBE the developers will make certain changes. Probably not. But it certainly won’t be said the developers didn’t implement a change I thought important because I didn’t bring it up.)

How about this? I don’t want a 2020 sponsor badge or any of the prizes. But you donate whatever it would cost to be a 2020 sponsor to djensen directly, have him comment in this thread or PM me once the payment’s received, then I’ll play on whatever platform. Can’t say I’ve played an “A” game in quite a while - been years - but I expect even playing without tables and a buncha assists I won’t be as shabby as a buncha other players, for whatever that’s worth.

Can’t say I think it’s worth it, but then it’s not my money.

• '17 '16 '15 Organizer '14 Customizer '13 '12 '11 '10

" I’m under no obligation to post my steam ID (which can be readily found; "

Posting your steam ID isn’t like giving away a social security number… you just type the 4 numbers, we already know your name.

Why do you hide from showing your record??? Its so ridiculous and hilarious at the same time!

You again blocked me sending you $10 so you could quality. I would like you to have 1942.2 edition so you can learn that game.

“Besides which, I have no intention of playing 1942 Online much” Thats what people say when they have 42 online and they perform poorly and make excuses why their play ends up in failure. Its ok to lose because you learn so much more when you lose. And the other excuses are just another avoidance of the topic which was “where is your steam ID?”

“as it doesn’t have live defender decisions”

You don’t need them either. You have various settings that you create to destroy units in different orders, you change these in lieu of different situations.

" I hear there’s STILL fleet locking - and maybe teleporting transports last I heard, and most certainly buggy implementation of fighter / carrier moves.) "

Another laundry list of bugus reasons why you don’t list your steam ID. You hear? You actually play and find out! I know the bugs and how to overcome them. Mostly you need to zoom in all the way and click the corner of the unit. You need to load up transports one at a time, or move the others to another sea zone and click them back one by one.

“But you donate whatever it would cost to be a 2020 sponsor to djensen directly, have him comment in this thread or PM me once the payment’s received, then I’ll play on whatever platform.”

You mean you can play 42 online ( which you have as i beat you 2-0)? Why would you not take the deal where i send you 10 bucks to sponsor the site and win a game?

Whats wrong with you? You win twice that way ( well you lose to me going to 0-3 in actual play)

Keep in mind that your steam ID is nothing more than a way so people can play a game or potentially do this. It has to be your choice to allow the invite to play a game. You got nothing to lose and everything to gain. It does not result in somebody draining your bank account or stealing your identity. For heavens sake what is your steam ID?

• (edit - per djensen’s moderation 30 Sept 2020, deleted comments)

• So your steam ID is what now? I want to play with good players and you say your it now…so lets go! And remember you need the name and the steam ID to find somebody… just the name does not work. I already tried that.

• This post is deleted!

• Well its funny that i beat him 2-0, and NOW he cant give out his 4 number ID…saying i can just easily look him up which is another excuse in a long line. Bottom line is he does not want me to expose his record so the wall of text in terms of credibility is nothing more than cotton candy. Heck if somebody with a proven record had something good to offer, i would seriously listen…Cow are you reading this? My ID is #2799 BTW and i stand behind my record even if im convinced the Dice Roller is messed up and i only play 4-5 player games. This compounds the difficulty in dealing with different attitudes toward the games conduct. We could even post the on-goings of the game so everyone could follow. The good thing is if i ever play him a third time, i will post his ID here.

• Founder TripleA Admin

What the heck is going on with this conversation? It has devolved into something that isn’t about the subject at hand. It’s also became a spew of negativity at one another.

Can folks go back and clean up their messages or I’m going to do it for you. Thanks.

• Well about 3-4 posts are gone already. I just want to play a game with the other guy so we can see which ideas work better. I offered him $10 so he could send that to you as a patron on the condition that he provide his steam number and make friends and win prizes. I already did this but he declines which is his choice, but it will allow anybody else to see if his record matches the rhetoric and play a game with him. Isn’t this 1942 Online? The topic isn’t UK Factory in Egypt either. I posted about that and the Russian strategy under KJF but was criticized for being incomplete or too basic.

• This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m