• Hi all, on my second turn the US and UK are in Morocco and Algeria respectively. The Italians would like to fly a fighter to Algeria and a Bomber to Morocco but the UI won’t allow it. I’m thinking maybe this is a bug because the game thinks those are Vichy French right now (although they have been captured by the allies)? There is enough movement for them to post-combat fly to Libya which Italy controls. I can always edit in the moves if this is a bug, I want to confirm I’m not missing something.

• @LennardF I fail to see a bug here. It is rather a question of valid landing spaces. It is only the bomber attacking Algeria that can reach a valid landing space (Libya). Remember you are not allowed to fly over neutral territories.

• @Panther thanks for the reply Panther. The neutral territory will be flipped during that non combat and since all other flying restrictions (think carriers in the Pacific where this rule most often comes into play) are allowed if it is conceivable that a landing spot could exist then why not in this case?

• @LennardF Ah ok, but this added information doesn’t change anything, unfortunately. The pro-axis neutral doesn’t change its status until the end of the NCM-phase. In other words: During non combat movement the territory still is neutral.

Rulebook, page 9:
    “However, a power that is at war may move
    land units into (but not through) a friendly neutral as a
    noncombat move (see “Noncombat Move,” page 21). This
    moves the territory out of its neutral status at the end of the
    Noncombat Move phase.

• Thanks, you may be saving me from myself but this does mean I smash less things this turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m