• Official Q&A

Just think of it as China being too weak and demoralized to recruit and supply new troops with only one territory left.  They’re still not out of the game, as they can retake a territory and start generating units again if Japan eases up on them.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Wouldn’t the desperate nature of almost being obliterated by a race of men who wanted to murder all of you drive recruitment up, not down?

Anyway, not saying you are wrong, just wondering what drugs Larry was taking at the time and where I can get some.

• @Cmdr:

Wouldn’t the desperate nature of almost being obliterated by a race of men who wanted to murder all of you drive recruitment up, not down?

Anyway, not saying you are wrong, just wondering what drugs Larry was taking at the time and where I can get some.

Be afraid for the day when the true racism, human emotion, and horror of one of the worst events in human history can be truly recreated. This is a game Jen would play!!

• Official Q&A

@Cmdr:

Possibly, but couldn’t it also make people want to run and hide rather than take up arms against a seemingly invincible foe?  :wink:

@Krieghund:

@Cmdr:

Possibly, but couldn’t it also make people want to run and hide rather than take up arms against a seemingly invincible foe?  :wink:

I suppose.

BTW, in the interest of a friendly environment, I’m going to ignore Axis’ last comment that struck me as a personal attack.  I’m hoping he didn’t mean it that way and was just trying to be humorous.

Anyway, I’d like to see the revised/enhanced version of this game reflect that if China has at least one free territory at the start of their turn, they get an Infantry.  Or, another idea, China builds infantry based on how much territory they have after combat is resolved on their turn. (This gives them a chance to liberate a second territory, but also forces them to have to liberate a second territory to get an infantryman!)

• @Cmdr:

Or, another idea, China builds infantry based on how much territory they have after combat is resolved on their turn. (This gives them a chance to liberate a second territory, but also forces them to have to liberate a second territory to get an infantryman!)

Isn’t that already the case?

• @Cmdr:

BTW, in the interest of a friendly environment, I’m going to ignore Axis’ last comment that struck me as a personal attack.  I’m hoping he didn’t mean it that way and was just trying to be humorous.

This is fair. I wasn’t attempting to personally attack you. Only to make the point that there is a thin line between talking about Axis and Allies the board game, and the historical events that happen in WWII. You have characterized the Japanese motives as murderous. this may or may not be the case, but the comments can be taken as “unfriendly” to a certain portion of the community. Perhaps readers of Chinese or Japanese decent?

• If the Italian fleet attacks and destroys the Allied fleet in the Med(same SZ as Italy), can I move an italian transport into the SZ and transport troops to Africa on my non combat move?

• Official Q&A

@rockrobinoff:

@Cmdr:

Or, another idea, China builds infantry based on how much territory they have after combat is resolved on their turn. (This gives them a chance to liberate a second territory, but also forces them to have to liberate a second territory to get an infantryman!)

No.  Chinese infantry are awarded during the Purchase Units phase, so the number is based on Chinese holdings at the beginning of the turn.

@rpv173:

If the Italian fleet attacks and destroys the Allied fleet in the Med(same SZ as Italy), can I move an italian transport into the SZ and transport troops to Africa on my non combat move?

Yes, assuming that the Italian transport started the turn in a friendly sea zone.

• @Krieghund:

@rockrobinoff:

@Cmdr:

No.  Chinese infantry are awarded during the Purchase Units phase, so the number is based on Chinese holdings at the beginning of the turn.

Funny, China not only have no IPCs, they collect inf (units) based on their territory holdings at the beginning of their turn, not the end like every one (collect income is after resolve combat)

• my playgroup have pretty much decided that we’re going to introduce a house rule that allows china to count its territories and collect infantry at the end of its turn. otherwise they just fall far too quickly

• two questions

1/ is there a odds calculator that i can download on my cell phone.

2/ does National Objectives be required to play AA50?

• 2007 AAR League

Question regarding Rockets.  I believe I read that Rockets from different territories could attack the same IC, then that was reversed, then reversed again.  What is the definitive rule?

• Official Q&A

It was only reversed once.  Per the FAQ, only one rocket attack may be launched per turn against any given IC.

• 2007 AAR League

@Krieghund:

It was only reversed once.  Per the FAQ, only one rocket attack may be launched per turn against any given IC.

Thanks!

Basically rockets in AA50 are identical to rockets in AAR then.

Which is a lifesaver for England. heh.  They have enough problems as it is starting with virtually no navy at all. (By starting, I mean UK round 1 after Japan’s sunk the Indian Fleet, Germany’s sunk everything in the North Atlantic and England’s looking around going…great…do I get to make a paper boat, or you gunna sink that too?)

• 2007 AAR League

Here’s a question. Suppose I have paratroopers and I am attacking a territory with an AA.

If the AA rolls a hit on the bomber, does the paratrooper die with the bomber a la infantry on sinking transports or does the paratrooper land BEFORE the AA gets to roll to attack the bomber?

• Official Q&A

The way the rules are written, the paratrooper would drop before the bomber is shot down.  However, there is a new FAQ entry on the way that will change this so that AA fire occurs before the paratroopers drop, resulting in their being shot down with the bomber.

• @Cmdr:

Well with the saying “Asia for the Asians”,I think the higher up japanese leaders did not want to kill em like dogs.

• i’m pretty sure the japanese thought of the chinese AS dogs back then

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m