• They can move 2, but they cannot blitz, until turn 10

• I played through a couple rounds on my own, but I made a few changes. I got rid of the Pacific board altogether in order to lessen the Allied powers total income and eleminate their opportunity to gain even more unchallenged income from the Pacific board. I think that was a good decision.

I didn’t use the Western France space. That seemed to make France too easy a push-over for the Germans. One thing I did like, however, is that Germany seems to start with two options that both seem reasonably possible- take Paris or take London.

The UK and Russian navies got blown fairly easily, but I think that was dice more than an imbalance.

While I didn’t play long enough, it seemed to be that the Central Powers have the advantage in the beginning having opportunity to take France, Italy, and African territories, but eventually the US, UK, and Russian economies will dominate if the Central Powers don’t work fast enough…you know, like most Axis and Allies games.

It is a fun variant. Thanks, Empireman.

• @MacNaughton:

I played through a couple rounds on my own, but I made a few changes. I got rid of the Pacific board altogether in order to lessen the Allied powers total income and eleminate their opportunity to gain even more unchallenged income from the Pacific board. I think that was a good decision.

I didn’t use the Western France space. That seemed to make France too easy a push-over for the Germans. One thing I did like, however, is that Germany seems to start with two options that both seem reasonably possible- take Paris or take London.

The UK and Russian navies got blown fairly easily, but I think that was dice more than an imbalance.

While I didn’t play long enough, it seemed to be that the Central Powers have the advantage in the beginning having opportunity to take France, Italy, and African territories, but eventually the US, UK, and Russian economies will dominate if the Central Powers don’t work fast enough…you know, like most Axis and Allies games.

It is a fun variant. Thanks, Empireman.

Thanks for playing!

Yes I think we should get rid of the Pacific.
    Did london or paris fall? How did Ottoman, Austria-Hungary and Italy do? Did the US help alot?

• Paris fell quickly.
    As I said, I didn’t play too long. Austria-Hungary started making moves into Russia and Italy well. The Ottomans took Egypt and looked good to start taking the rest of Africa. Italy didn’t have much to begin with and wasn’t going to last very long. All-in-all, it isn’t hard for the Central Powers to dominate mainland Europe. It is simply a matter of if they can keep USA and UK from landing.

• @seththenewb:

Not necessarily  :evil:

British losses were so high however that plans to equip five Tank Battalions (Light) with 36 Whippets each had to be abandoned. In the end only the 3rd Tank Brigade had Whippets, 48 in each of its two battalions (3rd and 6th TB). Alongside Mark IV and V tanks, they took part in the Amiens offensive (8 August 1918) which was described by the German supreme commander General Ludendorff, as “the Black Day of the German Army”. The Whippets broke through into the German rear areas causing the loss of the artillery in an entire front sector, a devastating blow from which the Germans were unable to recover. During this battle, one Whippet � Musical Box � advanced so far it was cut off behind German lines. For nine hours it roamed at will, destroying an artillery battery, an Observation balloon, the camp of an infantry battalion and a transport column of the German 225. Division, inflicting heavy casualties. At one point one of Musical Box’s fuel tanks was ruptured and fuel leaked into the cabin knee deep. The crew had to wear gas masks to survive the fumes. Eventually, a German shell disabled it and as the crew abandoned the tank one was shot and killed and the other two were taken prisoner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_Mark_A_Whippet

This is not an example of a blitz IMO

one tank rampaging around a small area where the soldiers are like
    " what the **** is that thing ?"
    “idk…alien space ship?”
    "how do we kill it? "
    “RPG ?”
    “what the **** is an RPG?”
    “rocket propelled grenade”
    “youve been smoking too much mustard gas”
    “we all have”
    seriously :P

I doubt this one particular tank got more than 50 miles without breaking down or running out of fuel

tank divisions could not execute ‘blitzing’ in WWI as the germans did successfully in WWII

Tanks should not be able to blitz at all in this game, it is totally absurd

70% of the time they couldn’t even get 100 yards without breaking down :P

• @Uncrustable:

@seththenewb:

Not necessarily  :evil:

British losses were so high however that plans to equip five Tank Battalions (Light) with 36 Whippets each had to be abandoned. In the end only the 3rd Tank Brigade had Whippets, 48 in each of its two battalions (3rd and 6th TB). Alongside Mark IV and V tanks, they took part in the Amiens offensive (8 August 1918) which was described by the German supreme commander General Ludendorff, as “the Black Day of the German Army”. The Whippets broke through into the German rear areas causing the loss of the artillery in an entire front sector, a devastating blow from which the Germans were unable to recover. During this battle, one Whippet � Musical Box � advanced so far it was cut off behind German lines. For nine hours it roamed at will, destroying an artillery battery, an Observation balloon, the camp of an infantry battalion and a transport column of the German 225. Division, inflicting heavy casualties. At one point one of Musical Box’s fuel tanks was ruptured and fuel leaked into the cabin knee deep. The crew had to wear gas masks to survive the fumes. Eventually, a German shell disabled it and as the crew abandoned the tank one was shot and killed and the other two were taken prisoner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_Mark_A_Whippet

“idk…alien space ship?”
    "how do we kill it? "
    “RPG ?”
    “we all have”

I doubt this one particular tank got more than 50 miles without breaking down or running out of fuel

tank divisions could not execute ‘blitzing’ in WWI as the germans did successfully in WWII

LOL!!! :lol: :lol:

Yeah tanks cant blitz

@MacNaughton:

Paris fell quickly.
    As I said, I didn’t play too long. Austria-Hungary started making moves into Russia and Italy well. The Ottomans took Egypt and looked good to start taking the rest of Africa. Italy didn’t have much to begin with and wasn’t going to last very long. All-in-all, it isn’t hard for the Central Powers to dominate mainland Europe. It is simply a matter of if they can keep USA and UK from landing.

You should seperate France.
    Italy does not go to war till turn 4, so you at least played 4 rounds, but USA goes to war on turn 7, so you played 7 rounds?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Uncrustable:

“idk…alien space ship?”
    "how do we kill it? "
    “RPG ?”
    “we all have”

:-P He he. Thanks for the giggle.

Agreed. This is what I was saying when I mentioned IL’s rule about rolling a die for each tank before a battle. On a certain die roll (make up your own), a tank broke down and could not participate in the battle. It would only be lost if all other units were destroyed in battle. If you win or retreat, you could keep it.

• could make a system

roll for ever tank before battles

6 = tank is broke down completely, it does not participate in the battle, if you lose the battle you lose the tank, if    you retreat you lose the tank

5 = tank is broke down, it does not participate in the battle, if you lose the battle you lose the tank, however it can retreat.

4 = tank is having problems, it participates in the battle, at half attack/defend roll

3 = tank works normally

• Who takes the unspecified territories?

• '20

@MacNaughton Yes. I have made up random WW1 Great Powers and related neutral territories all of which can be placed on a map of sea zones. In this way the map can change from game to game. This does take work to make the physical components. The game itself offers the parameters ( a statisitacal analysis of the map & PF values) to make up your own map.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m