• @Aaron_the_Warmonger. So much can go wrong the 1st turn for the Axis: failed attack in Paris, lost airforce in a failed Atlantic attack, scramble in the Med that goes horribly wrong, or Yunnan holds. Depending on your level of aggressiveness, there is about a 10% chance of a stinky first round as each of those battles can have a couple percent chance of messing up your game plans. The very top players often avoid this issue by being super conservative on the first round, but then have to outplay the opponent during later turns to make up for the slow start.

I think the 1 reroll is a good balance for face-to-face games where there are usually three or four absolutely critical battles during the game and you don’t want to have “lost” an entire day by getting diced or the opponent gets diced.

• @Jofes nothing like luck

• @Aaron_the_Warmonger said in Dice Rolls on Russia:

My friend has a horrible success rate when taking france on T1 as Germany. He has gone into the battle just about every time, with the odds being he should have all 6 tanks and extra ground units leftover, and has lost multiple times.

Does your friend not use all possible ground units in the France battle? If you bring all possible ground units, not risking the tactical bomber to AA fire, the average result is 7.5 casualties for the Axis. That means of the 7 infantry, 4 mechanized infantry, 3 artillery and 6 armor brought in all of your fast movers and 2-3 artillery should survive. It’s not unusual to see all the slow movers die (10 casualties) and occasionally even some mechanized infantry die. Only once in hundreds of games have I seen France fail to be taken if everything is used in the attack. Since failing to take France on G1 is a game losing proposition I would suggest bringing the House.

• Unless u do low luck I don’t see nothing will work. Yes this was just discussed in another thread. Basically it was figure your low luck and I suggested if number is less than half no hit and more than half it is a hit. No need to roll that final die.
    All I ever say is well dice rolls are like you either have better supplies, leadership, morale, accuracy etc. etc.
    Ya there’s times I get pissed but that’s the dice.

• @AndrewAAGamer he brings the house, without the tactical bomber, and has lost an unusual number of times… its often the first roll of fire is very poor for germany and the French shoot back with average or better, and it snowballs from there…

• @Aaron_the_Warmonger said in Dice Rolls on Russia:

@AndrewAAGamer he brings the house, without the tactical bomber, and has lost an unusual number of times… its often the first roll of fire is very poor for germany and the French shoot back with average or better, and it snowballs from there…

Thanks! That is VERY POOR dice rolling. If my diceroller is correct that is about a 1 in 900 chance of losing that battle. I suggest he play the Allies more. :)

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Aaron_the_Warmonger said in Dice Rolls on Russia:

@AndrewAAGamer he brings the house, without the tactical bomber, and has lost an unusual number of times… its often the first roll of fire is very poor for germany and the French shoot back with average or better, and it snowballs from there…

Well then he should let the France Player roll for Germany and vise versa for this very first attack on G1.

Problem solved.
    😎

• @aequitas-et-veritas one can always look at this situation as an opportunity for Italy to swoop in and finish off the french , meanwhile retreating german surviving tanks to Italy, to storm east on t2. If the g1 also takes south france then french navy cannot join Taranto remnants in italy, Provided italy buys t1 destroyer for west side of italy. Not so bad an alternative. Germany still ends t1 with 40+$

• @aequitas-et-veritas said in Dice Rolls on Russia:

Well the he should let the France Player roll for Germany and vise versa for this very first attack on G1.

LOL! Too funny!

• @AndrewAAGamer Ya, its atrocious, that’s why we have the Lee rule. (Lee being my friends name).

• '21 '18 '16

we only allow a redo for France on G1 given that you bring the usual attack. Our usual being as follows: 5 inf, 2 arty, 4 mechs, 6 tanks, and sometimes the tactical from Poland. That’s 98% success rate. The failed attack is actually called a “variance” in statistics. We call it “The Variance”. if you get it, basically we reset the game and change sides. It’s the dice gods way of telling you from the beginning that you will not win playing the Axis. It is counted as a win for the allied player tho when scoring victories in the series.

If you get a crappy roll and get destroyed, you kind of need to use your imagination. Maybe they infiltrated your headquarters with spies or broke your codes and knew your plan, like Midway.

Bad dice sucks but sometimes you’re the statue and sometimes you’re the bird.

Have fun dudes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m