• Can you add Func’s G40 module to the pack?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I don’t have it.  If someone sends it to me, I can do whatever you need, cosmetically.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@calvinhobbesliker:

Here it is:
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20043.0

Awesomeness, thank you for the link.  Now, what abreviation would you like for the Shan State? (I ask because I am truly ignorant, I have never read the rules, nor played this version.)

Speaking of, might be the wrong thread, but anyone got the PDF of the rules? Now that technology has surpassed everything, and things are complicated, I really want to read them once before buying a game I can never open for fear of kids losing pieces!

• @Cmdr:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Here it is:

Awesomeness, thank you for the link.  Now, what abreviation would you like for the Shan State? (I ask because I am truly ignorant, I have never read the rules, nor played this version.)

Speaking of, might be the wrong thread, but anyone got the PDF of the rules? Now that technology has surpassed everything, and things are complicated, I really want to read them once before buying a game I can never open for fear of kids losing pieces!

Shn.

PDF doesn’t go up for months after game is released

• You should add Func’s G40 module.

• Wow… there’s a lot I missed here.  I don’t know why I wasn’t being notified of new replies…

@questioneer:

Any idea when Stoney’s version of Global 40 will be done???  He’s probably near completion right???

@Stoney229:

My circumstances now appear to be such that I may be able to resume work on my map within 2-3 months (for what it’s worth).

@calvinhobbesliker:

BTW, anyone know why shan state is abbreviated SHM instead of SHN?

It’s because I didn’t have a copy of the gameboard to go off of when I was making the module, so I just went off of Atti’s module which had a lot of mispellings.  Then, no one reported the issue on the P40 module, so it never got fixed  :wink: .

@gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

It doesn’t automatically change when i push save and also doesn’t when I refresh it.

Alright here, hold my hand now.

After making your change, I click “Save”, then “Save Sektorinfo” (button on left), then “Save” again.  Might be an extra click somewhere, but it works.

Just clicking “Save” and then “Save Sektorinfo.sek” for each sector you edit should do the trick:@Stoney229:

Features of Sektor Editor
    Buttons
    • “Save”:  This button does not permanently institute changes and does not permanently affect SektorInfo.sekL, but applies all changes made to the current sector to memory and puts them into effect until you change modules (or reopen the same module) or close the program.
    • “Save SektorInfo.sek”:  This button will update your module’s SektorInfo.sekL file to reflect all changes that have been applied to memory using the “Save” button.  Note that changes to made to any sector, including the current one, will not be reflected in SektorInfo.sekL unless they were first applied to memory using “Save”.
    (Click to read more)

@calvinhobbesliker:

Also, how to I use it to add the airbase to philippines?

Sektor Editor only makes changes to to the SektorInfo.sek file.  The starting setup is saved in the module’s Start.AAM file.  To change something in the startup, simply open the module, make the change, and then save the game as “Start.AAM” in the module’s directory (overwrite the existing one).

@gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Okay, when I now move the cursor over Shan State, it has the correct name and abbreviation, but the abbreviation on the map itself is wrong. i suppose it’s impossible to change the map itself?

Right - you can’t do that with the editor, I don’t think.  If you knew how to change what’s on the map, or how to permanently add an airbase, I think you’d know enough to create your own battlemap.  And if you know that much, you need to finish the Global module for us.

The abbreviation on the map is simply part of the image itself (Map.bmp) - very easy to change with an image editor.  I’ve attached a small bitmap that you can copy and paste over the Shm abbreviation.  And ALL this info should be easy to find in my tutorial  :wink: .

@Cmdr:

I’m also working on trying to double the map’s size so I can double the tile size and give myself primo pictures. (Got some good ones for our current now, just not sharing cause you all mean to me!!! no yer not, but whateva, my tiles! lol.)

ABattlemap currently only supports 15x10pixel “tiles” (reg size) or 20x15pixel (BigPieces).  If you make bigger ones, that’s cool, but they won’t be able to be used in ABattlemap until someone writes support for them into the program.  Again… it’s all in the tutorial.

@Cmdr:

or open it in Adobe Photoshop or Jasc Paint Shop Pro or whatever…just make sure you stay 16 bit bitmap and not jpeg or gif or whatever.

Yes, it needs to be a bitmap (.bmp), but it doesn’t have to be 16-bit.  anything 24-bit or less I would think should work, and maybe even 32-bit, but 24-bit would be better and take up less space anyway since the alpha channel won’t mean anything to ABattlemap.

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Cmdr:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Here it is:

Awesomeness, thank you for the link.  Now, what abreviation would you like for the Shan State? (I ask because I am truly ignorant, I have never read the rules, nor played this version.)

Shn.

PDF doesn’t go up for months after game is released

The Pacific 1940 pdf is available somewhere (prob. WOTC site with the others).  That, in combination with previews on the homepage and some of the forum threads here, should give you a good idea of the rules i think.  I’m sure they’ve changed much since the game came out, but I haven’t been following so I can’t direct you to a specific thread.  However, if anyone else can, I’d be interested in the link too, since I may be picking up work on my module again.

• '16 '15 '10

Hi everyone,

Lately every time I open a Battlemap file either Infoview or Toolbar is missing (its random which one).  I know about deleting the ini file and I keep doing this over and over….

Is there a permanent solution?  It’s getting annoying–the last few days one of them is missing almost every time I want to play a turn.

• @Zhukov44:

Hi everyone,

Lately every time I open a Battlemap file either Infoview or Toolbar is missing (its random which one).  I know about deleting the ini file and I keep doing this over and over….

Is there a permanent solution?  It’s getting annoying–the last few days one of them is missing almost every time I want to play a turn.

what version of the program do you have?  0.79f?

• '16 '15 '10

Yes, 0.79f.

• '10

@Zhukov44:

Yes, 0.79f.

most  people are on v .80+  now.  Go to the beginning of the thread and follow Holkanns instructions

• @Battling:

@Zhukov44:

Yes, 0.79f.

most  people are on v .80+  now.  Go to the beginning of the thread and follow Holkanns instructions

0.80+ should fix your problem

• '16 '15 '10

Done.  Thanks for the replies–hopefully that will solve it.  Nice to see an improved Infoview!

• Is there already a post/forum for discussing future idea’s for abattlemap development? Any I always think of idea’s while laying in bed at night hehe.

How about being able to make different sized units on the same toolbar… of course they’d all be the same height, 9 pixels… but be able to adjust the length for ships would be cool… make it all adjustable from the UnitStats.txt by adding another set of digits for abattlemap to read when it loads the module… each unit would have a size setting.

How about having Zoom in/ Zoom out… being able to adjust the view of the map… not sure if it can be done but sounds cool.

How about adding tabs to the map file… so you can save a whole game into one file and be able to click thru the turns.

How about able to add an info sting to the InfoView, I would add Cash… and on my cash/sektors on the map I would program it to show the cash on the InfoView as well so you don’t have to scroll back to go see… just look at the Infoview.

How about a text tool to add text or text boxes to the module or notes to the map file

We have Toolpeices and BigPeices, how about adding a 3rd CustomPeices: Have a CustomPeices.txt which is where the module maker edits its specs… so we can make larger and longer toolpeices of multiple size on one toolbar

How about a dice roller inside the program and saves the uneditable results to the AAM file… it could work… as long as no one gets pretty and edits the source code to give themselves favorable results hehe

Able to move a whole stack of units with one click etc or partial stack.

We now have the Sektor Editor… how about a tool to edit the area of the sektor and saves it to the SektorInfo.map file for quit fixes etc… like a paint brush… just paint where you want the sektor to be.

A hilighter tool… kinda like paint brush… maybe it would work like a layer that can be delete once the other user/s review what the other player hilighted.

emailer, be able to add players emails to the abattlemap and from the top… like next to View… would be Email… it would auto attach the map file and have a message box and send button… and the option to add multiple receivers (emails)

How about a Fleet peice… that you can stack units on… and all you have to do is move the Fleet peice to move all the navy units in one seazone… maybe also for land units?

I’ll add more later

• Dude, there already is zoom in and zoom out.  Use the + and - keys.

There’s already a way to move partial stacks.  Shift click grabs 5, and control click grabs 10.  You need to read the post that has a quick rundown of the features of Abattlemap.

Go crazy!  I’d love to see these improvements.  But you don’t have to work on what’s already a functioning feature!!

• @gamerman01:

Dude, there already is zoom in and zoom out.  Use the + and - keys.

There’s already a way to move partial stacks.  Shift click grabs 5, and control click grabs 10.  You need to read the post that has a quick rundown of the features of Abattlemap.

Go crazy!  I’d love to see these improvements.  But you don’t have to work on what’s already a functioning feature!!

ctrl+shift grabs all

• hello I’m new to this site and can’t find people to play in person where I am. I have downloaded the ABattlemap file for not windows which is on top post here (using a mac), and it doesn’t start installing when I open the file. This computer wouldn’t run tripleA either, apparently it needed java updates. But when I attempted to update the computer wouldn’t let me, and said it already had a later version of java. What am I missing here? I don’t care if I sound stupid, just throw me a bone so I can start playing. [mac os x 10.4.11]

much appreciation.

• @thirstysword:

hello I’m new to this site and can’t find people to play in person where I am. I have downloaded the ABattlemap file for not windows which is on top post here (using a mac), and it doesn’t start installing when I open the file. This computer wouldn’t run tripleA either, apparently it needed java updates. But when I attempted to update the computer wouldn’t let me, and said it already had a later version of java. What am I missing here? I don’t care if I sound stupid, just throw me a bone so I can start playing. [mac os x 10.4.11]

much appreciation.

Abattlemap works on windows… you could install Windows on your Mac… or buy a cheap laptop just for Abattlemap… I would hehe

• 1Mediafire doesn’t work for my home computer, so can someone PM me so that we can arrange for ABattlemap (most recent version) to be emailed to me?

• Say for example I want to put some German guys in Berlin. So I select them, put them in Berlin, blah blah blah. Then I want to unselect. How do I do that?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m