• So, my brother and I are playing, and he has four battleships and several transports in the sea zone by the UK!:) He likes to load one infantry per transport and do one attack on Germany, with a bombardment, then attacking with one infantry, then doing the same thing to Eastern Europe, hahaha then Western Europe!:) Haha it seems a little OP to me, and I was wondering if it is in fact legal to do multiple bombardments with the same battleship(s)?:) Thank you for your help!:)

• @Morgrim16 Welcome to the forum, Morgrim16. :smiley:

It would be helpful if you had indicated which A&A game you are actually playing. I move this topic to “Player Help” for now.

Regardless of the game edition your brother’s attacks appear to be valid, provided they have been initiated by valid combat moves. As the attacker you can of course move to different seazones and declare amphibious assaults on different enemy territories.
    So in your scenario sending for example a group each consisting of one transport with one loaded infantry accompanied by one battleship to every different target is fine. And of course one bombardment shot per attack would be fine, too, provided there has not been a sea battle before.

Please indicate which game you are playing - and I will move your topic to the appropriate forum. Maybe we can give you additional hints, then. :smiley:

• @Panther hahaha thanks a ton, haha I am new to this!:)

I’m not exactly sure which edition it is, or how to check, but I’m pretty sure it’s an older one, as I own two sets!:) The board we are using for this game is a tri-fold longitudally, and we do not have destroyers!:) Hopefully that helps!:)

So, he could definitely use one battleship per amphi assault, with bombardment, but could he use alll four battleships per individual assault?:) It seems plausible over in the Baltic Sea, because no extra movements are needed to attack the adjoining land territories, but man, it’s just a ridiculous amount of bombardment hahaha!:) I guess I’m asking if (a) battleship(s) can participate in bombarding multiple amphi assaults per turn?:)

• @Morgrim16 Ah ok. “No destroyers” and some map details indicate that you are playing the MB-edition that we call “Classic” here.

In this edition every battleship that accompanies a transport for an amphibious assault has its one-shot support attack, provided there has not been a naval battle in the respective sea zone.

From the official Rules Clarifications document:

The only time a naval unit can fire at
    coastal land units is when a battleship
    takes part in an amphibious assault.
    The battleship must be in the same sea
    zone as the assault force to do so!
    Several battleships can be in the same
    assault and each one will have a
    special firing privilege called a one-
    shot support attack. This means that
    each participating battleship gets one
    and only one shot-not one shot at
    each defender, and not one shot on
    each combat round. …

So every battleship supports exactly one amphibious assault with exactly one shot.
    Just indicate which battleship support(s) which assault.

HTH :-)

(Moving topic to A&A Classic now.)

• @Morgrim16

Hahahaha! Just stumbled upon this and you’ve got to give him credit for creativity.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m