• Came up with some “House Rules” that we will be testing out this Friday. None are too Powerful and they all have a little downside as well. I’ve attached a PDF doc with all of them. Let me know what you think. Global40-42NAs.pdf

• Really nice…especially the Russian house rule…wonder if any of the Axis&Allies Revised National Advantages can be used as well?

• @DocFav I really love the Italian/Anzac/France/China rules. It makes the minor powers much more interesting!

• @Burgh-Gamer-67 said in Global 40/42 House Rules:

Really nice…especially the Russian house rule…wonder if any of the Axis&Allies Revised National Advantages can be used as well?

There’s a few guys testing the revised advantages on triple a

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

I really like the night bombers. Have been thinking of a way to get UK more involved in SBRing Germany. No interceptors seems a perfect solution. I dig it : )

• Came up with new US enhancer.

Atlanta Class Cruisers

While US is at War, any sea zone with a US Atlanta Class Cruiser is treated exactly as if it contained an antiaircraft gun. There is a round of AA fire before battle even if the US fleet is attacking (see AA gun rules). These cruisers cannot do shore bombardments in any battle.

Atlanta class was composed of eight dual 5-inch/38 caliber gun mounts (8 × 2 5-inch guns). This battery could fire over 17,600 pounds (8,000 kg) of shells per minute, including the radar-fuzed “VT” anti-aircraft (AA) shells. The Atlanta Class Cruiser did not fare well in Surface Combat. It had a shortage of gunfire directors for the main 5 inch gun battery.

You can purchase 1 of 2 types of Cruisers. Regular or Atlanta class. Same cost. Still hit/defend at 3. I have 2 different pieces for the US cruisers. You may replace half of game setup (1942 setup) cruisers with Atlanta Cruisers.

• @DocFav said in Global 40/42 House Rules:

Came up with new US enhancer.

Atlanta Class Cruisers

While US is at War, any sea zone with a US Atlanta Class Cruiser is treated exactly as if it contained an antiaircraft gun. There is a round of AA fire before battle even if the US fleet is attacking (see AA gun rules). These cruisers cannot do shore bombardments in any battle.

Atlanta class was composed of eight dual 5-inch/38 caliber gun mounts (8 × 2 5-inch guns). This battery could fire over 17,600 pounds (8,000 kg) of shells per minute, including the radar-fuzed “VT” anti-aircraft (AA) shells. The Atlanta Class Cruiser did not fare well in Surface Combat. It had a shortage of gunfire directors for the main 5 inch gun battery.

You can purchase 1 of 2 types of Cruisers. Regular or Atlanta class. Same cost. Still hit/defend at 3. I have 2 different pieces for the US cruisers. You may replace half of game setup (1942 setup) cruisers with Atlanta Cruisers.

Ya your decked out Atlanta Cruiser with all aa guns should be lower in AD. I’d give it a shore shot too.
    AD@2
    AA@1
    SH @2
    Not much room for d6

• @GEN-MANSTEIN That makes some sense too. We’re going to have to try it. We’re trying as above on Sunday. See how it works out. Keeping your input for next time.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

@DocFav said in Global 40/42 House Rules:

@GEN-MANSTEIN That makes some sense too. We’re going to have to try it. We’re trying as above on Sunday. See how it works out. Keeping your input for next time.

Ya. In my game it’s d12 so I was able to lower AD for Cruiser but also CR AA gets to shot every round of combat same time as AD@6.
    If CR AA gets a hit it forces other side to have to take a plane casualty when they don’t want to. This way not all planes get banked for last couple rounds of combat. You can retreat your planes on AD after 1 round of combat. Plus DF going on same time with planes every round in battles.
    Cruiser
    C10
    AD@6
    AA@2
    SH@3
    M3

• In my opinion, the ultimate expression of anti-aircraft cruiser was built too late for the war: the US Navy’s Worcester class cruisers. Six twin-gun 6" turrets, with semi-automatic loading. They were capable of launching 144 rounds a minute at maximum rate of fire (12 rounds / minute per barrel, 12 barrels). Or, put another way, each of those 144 shells weighed 105 to 130 lbs, for a mass of about 7 1/2 tons of steel and explosives launched in the air. Every minute. I mean, when you’re done messing with Kamikazes…

Just, not commissioned until 1948…

-Midnight_Reaper

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m