• Say a Japanese sub enters a sea zone with enemy cruiser, battleship, carrier, and transport (i.e., no enemy destroyer or sub). Can this Japanese sub attack these sea units? Does it mean there is no way to defend against this sub? (sub can keep attacking until everything is hit?)

Thank you!

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Hi stats Welcome to the site.

It can attack if it wants to. You have to move in the “Combat Move” phase to do so. They get to shoot first and any hit doesn’t get to shoot back. So you’d wanna take a hit on the BB since it takes two hits to kill.

Then the surviving ships, most likely all, get to shoot back. If you survive you can submerge/retreat, I think it’d be retreat but not 100% sure on that, the battle would be over.

If you move in NCM, then nothing happens combat wise. I’m sure someone will explain in more detail, but that’s basically it.

• @barnee said in Question about sub attacks:

If you survive you can submerge/retreat, I think it’d be retreat but not 100% sure on that, the battle would be over.

Actually you can either retreat or submerge, as there is no enemy destroyer.

In case you decide to retreat you will end the battle according to condition B during the Press Attack or Retreat-step of the general combat sequence. You move out of the contested seazone to an adjacent seazone you came from during Combat Move Phase.
    The decision to submerge however takes place at the next round of combat before any dice are rolled - in that case you end the battle according to condition A during the follow-up Press Attack or Retreat-step. You stay in the contested seazone.

@statspie Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

• Thanks everyone. :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m