Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• Ok, I’m looking at the position now.

US
    Should make for a landing in Norway. That’s my clear preference here. Italy is routing power to defend the Normandie area fairly well. I don’t care so much about Italy here. I mainly want to screw Germany over.

I think this turn’s build should be 100 % in the Pac again. Maybe 1 or 2 figs for the Atlantic.

With the JN down south and west, USN has the option of grabbing and Iwo Jima with various kinds of threats. That would lose pressure in the south, which I don’t like.

The fleet by Calcutta will not be able to reach and therefore most of the air in Anwhe is out of play as well. This means that maybe US may grab Philly. That would be sweet. Haven’t calculated yet though.

China
    The chinese stack should’ve perhaps been placed in Hunan instead. Now there’s a choice of goingthere now or north from Kweichow, making a joint cause with the ruskijs.

East is nice to pressure more territories quicker and try to cicumvent the japanese stack by aiming for Anwhe, Kwangtung and Kiangsu simultaneously, but at the same time the chinese are rather exposed in Kiangsi.

4 inf is built. One goes north, leaving Kweichow empty means 19 inf in Hunan at the end of this turn. with some stray dogs in the west and north. We’ll only be able to build 3 inf next turn. 1 inf might take Kwangsi and another likely contests Kweichow, which means we would have 20 inf and 4 art in Kiangsi in two turns. Unfortunately not being able to land the fig, so it’s likely too weak.

The other route north is slower, but aims for Shantung and Manchuria.

UK
    Should follow US suit to Norway. Build figs. Land in ME. Take back Calcutta. Reinforcements are joining in from the west, so I don’t think it looks too bad actually.

• @AndrewAAGamer said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

What? You do not want to give me Chian for 2-3 Jap planes?

Correct.

China is too much of a pain in the arse to sell out so cheaply. :grin:

• @AndrewAAGamer, why didn’t you kill off the aussie des in z34?

• Grabbing Philly is out of the question. Would need 3 blockers and we don’t have the resources for that yet.

• I kind of like the idea of taking Iwo Jima. We only need a little force there, so can probably stay by the Carolines.

• Will assign an aussie sub to sink the tr by Celebes.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Americans round 4

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 4

Purchase Units - Americans

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Americans round 4

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 4

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 bomber, 1 carrier, 2 infantry, 4 submarines and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• This is my suggested build for US. The sb goes Atlantic, the rest Pac.

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@AndrewAAGamer, why didn’t you kill off the aussie des in z34?

Because I forgot I had an airbase in FIC and could use planes to hit it and still land on my carriers off Java.

• An overlook then. Makes sense. Would you have used only air or chip in a sub?

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

This is my suggested build for US. The sb goes Atlantic, the rest Pac.

Not sure I understand why you are buying the two transports since you have a transport coming back from hawaii. I probably would just bring the one transport back in the pacific and build the one inf and then focus on navy and air.

I think fighters still have precedence over bombers because you want to be able stack the carriers to defend them

In the Pacific, I would consider using hte US fleet to take Marianas. It puts the air in range of Japan so he has to be mindful of that (although it looks well protected at the moment) and it also threatens Philly. Plus it will make it easier to grab all the islands around Caroline. This has less value in BM for income but it reduces the threat to Caroline islands since he loses places to land his air. You also might be in a position where you can split the fleet between Marianas and Caroline Islands in order to increase your threat in the south.

I’m not sure what you are thinking with the UK but I would recommend stacking the fleet and the subs in 98.

• Yes, forgot to mention where the UK fleet in the Indian Ocean was heading. Either z98 or z80. I think I have a preference for z98, since that puts pressure on Italy, and we want that.

• The two trannies is a mistake. Should only be one. I blame my kids.

• I would like to get a bit more landing power, to be able to make heavier and more threats, like Tokyo, Korea mainland coast a s o.

• Marianas is probably a better outpost than Iwo Jima.

• I want to get the bomber-production going. When having Norway, it’s great for staging multiple SBRs all over Germany.

• @trulpen :) I usually will just try to make sure that I have a transport chain of 1 in Hawaii, 1 in 10 and 1 with the US fleet. This allows me to sacrifice a transport if I need to without losing the landing threat and over time the number can accumulate (I try to prioritize trading ANZAC transports for Japan ones). I think the main thing right now is to have a threat of landing (ideally with both the US and and ANZAC). The chain also gives you a landing threat of 4 land units in Japan. Once I clearly have naval superiority, I might increase the land/transport build if I think I need to.

I want to get the bomber-production going. When having Norway, it’s great for staging multiple SBRs all over Germany.

Makes sense. I’d still see if you can get 2 to 3 fighters built so that on the next turn you can have 10 air on the US carriers in the Pacific and have the US carriers in the Atlantic loaded too. Maybe with the savings from the transport and reducing the sub build, you might be able to get that.

• I’m planning to have 1-2 aussie figs on a US carrier, which makes a higher need for J to protect tr’s.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m