Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• Yeah, and we’ll shuttle figs from Norway pretty soon.

• The reason I hit Belarus is that those units were one step closer to Moscow, but I agree that the Baltic had been better. Pretty low risk though, but risk it was and has to be paid for accordingly.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

While I think I’m leaning towards Norway over Normandy, it is worth considering both. Norway is more of a hit on German income and gives you a more direct route to send air to Moscow. But you will likely still be in a position to take it in a turn or two. If you don’t take it now, he may be able hold it for at least a turn by moving German air to stack it. But that will be hard for him to sustain and not a place that he would want his air to stay in any case.

the advantage of Normandy is that you get a factory sooner and your fleet still can reach the Med in one turn. And you can fairly safely split it so that some move into 92 and some protect the transports in 110.

Both give you a chance to threaten Germany now but the latter does allow you to also put more pressure on Italy as well.

Depending on what Japan does, your UK fleet can return to 98 to threaten Italy as well.

I think the air route, and hit on German income is probably more important, but I think both are worth thinking about.

• '21 '20

I’m all for Norway first. Its a big IPC hit on Germany that can add up the longer you have it. Take Norway, secure it and then put all focus into Normandy and the Med.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

My only difference is as @farmboy suggested an attack on Baltic States would have been preferred over Belarus.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Japan 4: Is my capital safe? Pretty much. The US has an infantry plus artillery attack and I can easily build to stop that. The only issue is I will not be able to build naval units with the large US presence in Caroline Islands unless I move fleet back to SZ6 which I do not want to do.

So, take India light as he is in position to trade it. Grab the last of the Money Islands, take more of Russia, defend Anhwe from the massive Chinese stack, protect Korea and make sure my Indian Fleet is safe from the UK air attack. Gotcha!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 4

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 4

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 factory_minor, 2 fighters, 6 infantry and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 44 Sea Zone to Celebes
            2 infantry moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to 36 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Ceylon to 39 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 artillery, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from 39 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            3 infantry and 2 transports moved from 36 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from 39 Sea Zone to India
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from French Indo China to 36 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 2 artilleries and 3 infantry moved from 42 Sea Zone to Java
            2 fighters moved from 39 Sea Zone to India
            2 tactical_bombers moved from French Indo China to India
            2 bombers moved from French Indo China to India
            2 battleships, 3 carriers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers and 2 submarines moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 3 tactical_bombers moved from French Indo China to Java
            7 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from French Indo China to Chahar
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Chahar
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to India
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to India
            1 infantry moved from Amur to Siberia
                  Japanese take Siberia from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Amur to Sakha
                  Japanese take Sakha from Russians
            2 infantry moved from Amur to Buryatia
                  Japanese take Buryatia from Russians

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Celebes
            Battle in 42 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 2 battleships, 3 carriers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 2 submarines and 3 transports
                ANZAC defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the ANZAC lost in 42 Sea Zone
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 submarines in 42 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                Japanese win, taking Celebes from Dutch, taking 42 Sea Zone from Neutral with 2 battleships, 3 carriers, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 2 submarines and 3 transports remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 transport
            Battle in India
                Japanese attack with 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 3 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 2 infantry; UK_Pacific defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_major and 1 harbour
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 cruiser in India, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 3 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in India, round 2 : 6/11 hits, 5.17 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 2 infantry in India, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the British lost in India
                Japanese captures 3PUs while taking UK_Pacific capital
                Japanese converts factory_major into different units
                Japanese win, taking India from UK_Pacific with 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Casualties for British: 2 infantry
            Battle in Chahar
                Japanese attack with 1 artillery, 7 fighters, 1 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers
                Russians defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 artillery, 7 fighters, 1 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers in Chahar, round 2 : 8/12 hits, 6.17 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Chahar, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Chahar
                Japanese win, taking Chahar from Chinese with 1 artillery, 7 fighters, 1 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Java
                Japanese attack with 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers
                ANZAC defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers in Java, round 2 : 4/10 hits, 4.33 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 infantry in Java, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Java
                Japanese win, taking Java from ANZAC with 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 3 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from India to 39 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from India to Shan State
            2 artilleries and 1 infantry moved from French Indo China to Shan State
            2 fighters moved from India to 42 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 36 Sea Zone to 39 Sea Zone
            2 bombers moved from India to Anhwe
            7 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Chahar to Anhwe
            1 infantry moved from Hopei to Anhwe
            2 infantry moved from Jehol to Anhwe
            2 infantry moved from Manchuria to Jehol
            1 infantry moved from Manchuria to Amur

Place Units - Japanese
            3 infantry placed in French Indo China
            1 factory_minor placed in Malaya
            1 submarine placed in 6 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 3 infantry placed in Japan

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 63 PUs; end with 66 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 71 PUs
            Objective Japanese 3 Control Honolulu Or Sydney Or Calcutta Or Western United States: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 76 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

ANZAC : -0.33
    Chinese : -0.33
    UK_Pacific : 0.33
    Japanese : 1.17

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

If you decide to attack Anhwe please ask for OOL.

• I’m fairly certain we won’t do a kamikaze on Anwhe. :)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

What? You do not want to give me Chian for 2-3 Jap planes?

• Ok, I’m looking at the position now.

US
    Should make for a landing in Norway. That’s my clear preference here. Italy is routing power to defend the Normandie area fairly well. I don’t care so much about Italy here. I mainly want to screw Germany over.

I think this turn’s build should be 100 % in the Pac again. Maybe 1 or 2 figs for the Atlantic.

With the JN down south and west, USN has the option of grabbing and Iwo Jima with various kinds of threats. That would lose pressure in the south, which I don’t like.

The fleet by Calcutta will not be able to reach and therefore most of the air in Anwhe is out of play as well. This means that maybe US may grab Philly. That would be sweet. Haven’t calculated yet though.

China
    The chinese stack should’ve perhaps been placed in Hunan instead. Now there’s a choice of goingthere now or north from Kweichow, making a joint cause with the ruskijs.

East is nice to pressure more territories quicker and try to cicumvent the japanese stack by aiming for Anwhe, Kwangtung and Kiangsu simultaneously, but at the same time the chinese are rather exposed in Kiangsi.

4 inf is built. One goes north, leaving Kweichow empty means 19 inf in Hunan at the end of this turn. with some stray dogs in the west and north. We’ll only be able to build 3 inf next turn. 1 inf might take Kwangsi and another likely contests Kweichow, which means we would have 20 inf and 4 art in Kiangsi in two turns. Unfortunately not being able to land the fig, so it’s likely too weak.

The other route north is slower, but aims for Shantung and Manchuria.

UK
    Should follow US suit to Norway. Build figs. Land in ME. Take back Calcutta. Reinforcements are joining in from the west, so I don’t think it looks too bad actually.

• @AndrewAAGamer said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

What? You do not want to give me Chian for 2-3 Jap planes?

Correct.

China is too much of a pain in the arse to sell out so cheaply. :grin:

• @AndrewAAGamer, why didn’t you kill off the aussie des in z34?

• Grabbing Philly is out of the question. Would need 3 blockers and we don’t have the resources for that yet.

• I kind of like the idea of taking Iwo Jima. We only need a little force there, so can probably stay by the Carolines.

• Will assign an aussie sub to sink the tr by Celebes.

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Americans round 4

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Americans

Savegame

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Americans round 4

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 bomber, 1 carrier, 2 infantry, 4 submarines and 2 transports; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans

Savegame

• This is my suggested build for US. The sb goes Atlantic, the rest Pac.

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@AndrewAAGamer, why didn’t you kill off the aussie des in z34?

Because I forgot I had an airbase in FIC and could use planes to hit it and still land on my carriers off Java.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m