List your top five games. (in order)

• These are my solid top three in order:

• Axis and Allies (including all strategy level games with AA50 being the best)

• Titan

• Diplomacy (Including Colonial Diplomacy)

Picking my next two is less certain, but this sounds about right:

• Cosmic Encounter (FFG version best)

• Supremacy (with most of the expansions, but usually no Miniatures Of War, Officers, Mega Map, or Strategic High Tech)

Bridge and Texas Hold 'em for honourable mentions.

• '10

Board Games                                                            PC Games

1.panzerblitz/leader                                                  1. red baron/aces of the pacific
    2.luftwaffe                                                              2.gnbna
    3.stratomatic baseball/football                                    3.medal of honor/call of duty
    4.stratego                                                                4.ghengis kahn
    5.AA

• Board Games

1. Chess- “the game of kings and the king of games”- Ben Franklin
    2. AA50, AARevised (soon to be AA42), AAEurope/Pacific
    3. Settlers of Catan Series- all expansions- Seafarers, Cities and Knights, Traders and Barbarians
    4. Risk 2210, Mega Monopoly, Cards (various), Pool

Video Games- don’t play much of these anymore- but I still love Madden and NCAA Football.

• I am astonished no one mentioned Fortress America, the old Gamemaster Series game from back in the 1980s.  My friends and I have played it twice in the last several weeks and both times, it was down to the wire (America won both times – BARELY the second time around).  It’s a great game because you can play it in under 3 hours, the combat system requires more subtlety and ingenuity than other games, and the outcome usually is in doubt up until the very end.

But anyway, my list right now would be:

1.  Fortress America
    2.  A&A Minis
    3.  A Game of Thrones
    4.  A&A Revised
    5.  Battlestar Galactica

But gaming online has definitely taken a back seat to gaming live, now that I finally have a local gaming group once again! :D

• My family has really enjoyed the board game Apples to Apples. Good times.

• @ABWorsham:

My family has really enjoyed the board game Apples to Apples. Good times.

Yeah, that game is fun for all ages.  And usually good for some laughs.

• Red Faction 3 is coming out on PC in Aug. Red Faction was one of the all time best software games. And yes its full Geo-Mod and has Multiplayer

• I don’t know about Red Faction, but if your talking about a strategy game, …

I’d love to see a remake of the old game Command HQ.  That game rocked! on a 286 platform with EGA in DOS.  If anyone knows what I am talking about, think of what that game could be with curent technology.

• Red faction is the first game that really allows you to destroy the environment. You can make holes in the maps and hide inside of the mountain die and shoot stuff. Its all first person shooter.

• I played the original Red Faction on the Playstation and it wasn’t very good.  They hyped the destructible environment, but it was all preset and required destruction to move through the game normally.  Wasn’t too great.  The new one looks pretty good though.

• Well the PC version was definatly different. You could make incredible networks of tunnels and hide with the flag when playing CTF

• @Imperious:

Well the PC version was definatly different. You could make incredible networks of tunnels and hide with the flag when playing CTF

I never even knew it was on PC….  :-o

• It first came out on PS2 then PC, Latter on the various game consoles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Faction

1. Chess
    2. Axis & Allies
    3. African Star
    4. Diplomacy
    5. Risk

• 1. Chess - check out chess.com
    2. AAR
    3. AA 50 (might be @ #2 soon)
    4. HOI 2
    5. RISK

• '10

1. Axis & Allies Ann Edition
    2. Axis & Allies Pacific
    3. Axis & Allies D-Day
    4. Axis & Allies Europe
    5. Axis & Allies Rev Edition
    6. Axis & …… what!?  I can’t choose all AAA?  :-D

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Axis & …… what!?  I can’t choose all AAA?  :-D

I don’t see why not.

For me, when a better A&A game comes out my appreciation of past editions lessen.  Before AA50 was made AA Revised was my favorite game.  But now that AA50 is here Revised looses some of it’s draw.  If I want to play a game besides AA50 (for whatever reason) I will look to Titan.  There are times when I’d rather play Titan than AA50 just for the sake of variety, but I would never prefer revised over AA50.

But if I were unable to play AA50 for some reason when I wanted to, I might settle for revised before choosing Titan.  But usually I can choose which A&A game I play, so in practice I want to play Titan a lot more than I want to play A&A: Revised.

I think everone should add their favourite five to their signature!

1. Puerto Rico
    2. Settlers of Catan
    3. Axis and Allies Series
    4. Ticket to Ride
    5. Close Combat

GG

• 1. A&A series

2. Call of Duty series

3. Starcraft Brood War

4. Starcraft

5. Star Wars Battlefront series

• 1. Street Fighter (any)

2. AA50

3. Heroclix

4. Zelda OOT

5. Final Fantasy VI / III

World of Warcraft was my top 1 for a long time, 'till it got turned to easy mode in BC  :(
    Hoping that Star Trek Online lives up to the hype.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m