Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I support the decision to attack the Germans and Italians, that is my general preference. Just providing some analysis of the other options.
    I believe the bid @trulpen is suggesting is

sub 62
    sub 91
    sub 98
    sub 106
    sub 110
    fig Scotland
    fig Malta

with really the fighter in Malta as only debatable point, so here goes.
    With the units around UK, there is no sane attack G1 for both SZ110 & SZ111, so you will have an extra fighter from UK to conduct the Taranto raid. You agree that SeaLion is sub-optimal so not really worried about the loss of defensive fighter to the Home Islands. Sea Lion really isn’t on the table anyway since probably half of the Home Fleet is safe. So don’t need the fighter. I like the transport in SZ71 + 1 inf Anglo Sudan to accelerate the takedown of Africa.
    The transport is used to activate Persia. The Med transport can now take inf + art to attack Ethiopia with 2 inf in Anglo Sudan + mob inf. Add the Indian Cruiser for kicks.

• Good thoughts!

I also like the tr in z71.

I’ll look at it again, but I’d like to be able to go in on Taranto with as little fleet and as much air as possible. Saving the ac is precious. If saving also the cr in z98 while still pulling off Taranto, UK has splendid prospects in Africa on the long term. Getting 4 figs into z97 is pretty heavy.

I don’t worry too much about the Ethiopians. Actually, I’d rather have them spread out and taking UK-territories, so that Russia can have those precious Axis-areas instead (not sure that’s a viable strategy though, since Russia needs 100 % to the defence of Moscow). :)

This is why I rather leaned towards the fig in Malta than the tr in z71. What say you?

• Only problem of course is if Italy doesn’t get two hits. Then the ac has to go there. So perhaps plan for only one fig from UK?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Ok, I see that. Yes, I would plan on only 1 ftr. Still get 90-10 attack against full scramble, but sending 2 would probably force the CV into saving the surviving fighter.

• We’re getting to a close. I’m actually still considering the tr in z71. The idea is to hit Iraq UK1.

I have another idea though, which is to try and take Iraq with the Soviets. Then UK will try and strafe the 3 iraqian inf, and there’s no rush with that job.

You guys have to talk me out of it. ;)

• Another option is the tank and art for Tobruk. I prefer to take that stack out more than Ethiopia.

• Also, I believe Taranto not to be critical. It’s good, but also costly. The italian fleet can usually be sunk later on with better prospects. Killing Tobruk seriously hampers Italy in Africa. And if UK got a lot of nice fleet alive after the german onslaught, then stacking up in z92 with a fresh ab is a pretty nice option.

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Another option is the tank and art for Tobruk. I prefer to take that stack out more than Ethiopia.

Which was suggested by @majikforce.

• I’ll give you a few more minutes.

This is the bid on the table now:

sub 62
    sub 91
    sub 98
    sub 106
    sub 110
    fig Scotland
    tank Egypt
    art Alexandria

• The bid is hereby finalized.

• I’ll set up the game for our convenience.

• Testing Forum poster

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.9, time: 21:19:25
    Savegame

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 1

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• Bid is placed. Feel free to comment, @AndrewAAGamer.

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

sub 62
    sub 91
    sub 98
    sub 106
    sub 110
    fig Scotland
    tank Egypt
    art Alexandria

An Excellent Bid Placement! You have accomplished your mission with any Bid Placement. You are a) denying, as much as possible, the Axis from accomplishing their Five Scenarios of victory and b) improving the chances of accomplishing the Allied main goals. This Bid Placement is 88% in Europe and 12% in the Pacific which falls in the standard range of Bid Placement.

Specifically:

• ANZAC SS SZ 62 - This protects ANZAC from the J1 Declaration of War risky attack of the ANZAC DD and transport. For $6 you saved on average $6.3 TUV which is more than a 100% investment. I will note since I am the stronger player it was doubtful I would have made this attack anyway so is the only unit I am not 100% in agreement with. Though an extra ANZAC SS in the Pacific will still be useful.

• UK SS SZ 91 - This protects the UK DD from an easy G1 attack and provides greater firepower for the UK1 attack on SZ 96. PERFECT!

• UK SS SZ 98 - This provides greater firepower for Taranto and neutralizing the Italian Navy in the Med, a Primary Goal for the Allies. PERFECT!

• UK SS SZ 106 - This protects the UK DD and transport from an easy kill on G1 and assists in the Primary Goal of protecting the UK Fleet. VERY GOOD!

• UK Fighter Scotland + UK SS SZ 110 - This combination makes it a very risky attack for Germany to go for both the Home Fleet (SZ 111) and Channel Fleet (SZ 110). Due to this placement one of them most likely will survive which accomplishes the Primary Goal of protecting the UK Fleet. PERFECT!

• Armor Egypt + Artillery Alexandria - These two ground units will assist in removing the Italians from North Africa which is a Primary Goal of the Allies. VERY GOOD!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

As the Axis Player I now look at the board after the Allied placement. Since I consider myself to be the stronger player against the World I do not want to make any risky attacks on G1 that may lose me the game immediately or at least put me in such a big hole I may never dig my way out of it. Therefore, I am not going to try and kill both UK Fleets. So at least one of the main UK Fleets is going to survive G1 and add in the three additional placed subs in the Atlantic the prospect of Sealion is definitely off the table; at least as an early game strategy. Due to the two additional ground troops in North Africa and two placed subs projecting force into the Med my grand ideas of Italian Conquest are pretty much already dashed.

So of my Five WInning Scenarios two are already less than desirable which leaves me:

• Germany goes for Moscow
    • Japan wins in the Pacific
    • Win the Long Term Money Game

Since Japan winning in the Pacific is still a viable option and Sealion is not then there is no reason not to do a J1 DoW. Therefore, the Europe Strategy will be Germany goes for Moscow while the Pacific Strategy is to Win in the Pacific. Luckily both of those strategies also can lead to a Long-Term Money Game strategy so I still have all three of my options available to me at this point.

Since Germany is going for Moscow by G1 Build will be ground troops in Germany.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Looking at the board nothing was added to Russia so my G1 Build of ground troops can be more offensive, artillery, than defensive, infantry. That also fits in with my Germany goes for Moscow strategy. No destroyers were added to the board; just submarines. So, I could target the SZ 111 fleet and the SZ 106 fleet which means only 1 DD would remain assuming my attacks are successful which means some of my subs should survive a UK1 counter attack. Cool! Unfortunately, the tradeoff is if I do not attack the SZ 110 fleet than Italy is toast because those two cruisers and battleship are going to end up in the Med in SZ 92. Sigh, Italy is often more of a hindrance to Germany than an asset. I guess I will be a good neighbor and attack the SZ 110 fleet.

Since I do not need my battleship for Sealion I can use it in the SZ 110 battle which removes the 16.5% chance I would lose a plane if I went in with just two subs assuming no scramble. If Sealion was still on the table I would take that chance however with it gone and Moscow being Germany’s target I want all the planes that I can keep for the attack on Russia. That also allows me to go in with 3 subs into SZ 106 which I need due to the extra UK sub and even if it fights it is a decent 84% chance of victory.

If the Allies scramble in SZ 110 on average I lose two planes and they will lose three so that is a trade I like. In fact, the TUV goes up by $1 if the Allies scramble so I am not worried if they do and would be happier if they did though I doubt they would. I would like to save the Tobruk Italians however being that it would take at least 4 German planes that is not an option as I need them for the SZ 110 battle to be overwhelming odds. Being a good neighbor only goes so far. Tough break Italy…

France is a no-brainer. Every ground troop I can get goes there as it is a game losing play if I fail to take it. I could bring one tactical bomber to combine with one of my armor. However, this is a risky attack. On average without the tactical bomber my casualties are 7.5 or 7 infantries and ½ artillery. With the tactical bomber, the average casualties drops to 7.25. That makes no sense. Every 6th game I must fight without a precious tactical bomber so the other five games I can keep ¼ of an artillery? Not happening.

G1 on the way!!!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 1

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 6 artilleries and 2 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 submarine moved from 103 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 117 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 118 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
            1 battleship moved from 113 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Norway to 110 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Holland Belgium to 110 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 110 Sea Zone
            2 bombers moved from Germany to 110 Sea Zone
            3 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Holland Belgium to France
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to France
            3 armour moved from Greater Southern Germany to France

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Okay WORLD! I need to know if the sub fights in SZ 106 and if you want to scramble SZ 110.

@trulpen I figure 48 hours to get a consensus? What do you think?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m