• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@J-o-C If you want to report spam, this is how you do it:

Off to the bottom right side of every post is a collection of gee-gaws and doodads. From left to right: Reply Quote (Heart symbol & number) (collection of three vertical dots). If you click on the trio of vertical dots on the far right, a menu pops up.

If the dots are on someone else’s post, when the menu pops up, you get four options: (from top to bottom) Bookmark, Share this post on Facebook, Share this post on Twitter, and Flag this post for moderation.

Flag this post for moderation is what you seek. Click on that and it tells you that you are reporting this post for questionable content and then says, “Please specify your reason for flagging post ### for review. Alternatively, use one of the quick report buttons if applicable.” You then get a choice of three buttons: spam, offensive, and other. If you pick other you then get to write a spiel about why this post is no good. Once you’ve picked your option, a button on the lower right says, “Submit Report”. Once you click that button you’re good.

Intuitive? I’d say not. But at least it’s there…

(If you click on the trio of vertical dots on a posting of yours, you get three options: edit, delete, and bookmark, should you need to do one of those.)

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper Thank you for posting this. I have forked this posting to a separate topic.

Let me just add that it would be great if everybody noticing spam would refrain from commenting on spam postings.
    Flagging the spam is totally sufficient to bring admin/moderators into action to remove and purge the dirt.

Further commenting on spam means that we unneccessarily would have to deal with those comments too, that remain somehow isolated when the spam/the spam accounts have been removed.

Thank you all for your help to keep this forum clean.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m