• I was just wondering if a program for AA 50 has been implemented yet for Triple A or if something is in the works. I hear the game play is a bit … flawed after reading people’s comments. So yeah, I’m just wondering if anything is on the go for AA50 /Triple A + any rules fixings and stuff. Thanks.

• Has anyone heard anything yet?
    When will their be another stable version of triplea that includes AA50 when downloaded?
    Thanks.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

There’s a beta for TripleA, but like all other versions of the game, there are a few significant flaws.

1)  NW Europe is accessible from two sea zones bordering England
    2)  France is accessible from two sea zones bordering England
    3)  Fighter/Carrier issues are still not resolved
    4)  NOs are not supported
    5)  Technology charts are AAR default, not AA50
    6)  Industrial Complexes do not take damage markers, they auto drop your IPC up to max of territory value (which is the other problem since now you can do double territory value in damage.)

• I don’t use triple A but seazones 6 and 7 do connect to North West Europe. The early Abattlemap map file had this incorrect.

• @Cmdr:

There’s a beta for TripleA, but like all other versions of the game, there are a few significant flaws.

1)  NW Europe is accessible from two sea zones bordering England

Like a44bigdog said, just as in the board.

2)  France is accessible from two sea zones bordering England

France is just accessible from SZ7, just like the board.

3)  Fighter/Carrier issues are still not resolved

Can’t remember the status on this but you can always fix any shortcomings using the Edit funcion.

4)  NOs are not supported

Code is written, according to comradekev a new version of aa50 should be released next year that will include the NOs. For the time being you can also use the Edit function to add the additional IPCs.

5)  Technology charts are AAR default, not AA50

Biggest headache to code so far.

6)  Industrial Complexes do not take damage markers, they auto drop your IPC up to max of territory value (which is the other problem since now you can do double territory value in damage.)

The same as number 4 above.

@a44bigdog:

I don’t use triple A but seazones 6 and 7 do connect to North West Europe. The early Abattlemap map file had this incorrect.

You have the updated battlemap file?

I refuse to break the seal on my box. I have all the AA games in their factory shrink wrap!

• Yes, look in my game with EM it is several pages in. This module is correct for both '41 and '42 also the map is correct as I verified it against my physical game board.

Oh poopy!  They changed the icons on me…these are even uglier!

Argh! hehe.

Oh well, not I have to fix my game iwth EM on the new map

Note:  Specifically how much harder it is to tell a destroyer from a transport from a cruiser from a battleship.  I’ll adapt, but he should have kept the originals.

Oh yea, and someone needs to ask the designer to put a chart on the map so we can track what techs have been achieved!

Here’s what I am doing so far:

Chart 1:

Artillery = Advanced Artillery (Since it effects Artillery)
    Transport = Rockets (Since the AA Gun is transporting the rocket launching platform)
    Infantry = Paratroopers (Since they are the units that are being dropped as paratroopers)
    Industrial Complex = Increased Factory Production (Since it effects the Complex)
    Flag = War Bonds (Since we already use these as IPC and war bonds are IPC)
    Armor = Mechanized Infantry

Chart 2:

Submarine = Super Submarines (Since they are submarines)
    Fighter = Jet Fighters (Since they are fighters)
    Battleship = Improved Shipyards (Since they are the most expensive and most widly used unit to represent fleets)
    AA Gun = Radar (Since the AA Guns are effected)
    Aircraft Carrier = Long Range Aircraft (Since they are fighter launching platforms)
    Bomber = Heavy Bombers (Since they are bombers)

But a simple chart like what we have at the bottom of the AARe map would be MUCH better!  Dunno why that wasn’t incorporated on all maps (retro-actively, of course!)

• @Cmdr:

Please excuse someone who’s not very tech savvy; but what is the difference between “normal” triplea and beta?
    Thanks.

(while we’re at it, what is the difference between the “stable” version and the “unstable”??)

Normal is a release version.
    Beta is a trial version that does not have the bugs ironed out.

Stable means it does not crash
    Unstable means it freezes and/or crashes during normal operation.

A44 and everyone else, I have repaired the AA50 folder.  I’ll email it to A44 and he can send it on. (File is too large for here, and even when I shrink it, for some reason I can’t upload a zip, so whatever.)

I even beautified the pieces, they are not scattered, but rather stacked.

• @Cmdr:

The frequency of crashes really depends on the game. There are no official stats but based on my TripleA experience (I must have logged up to a thousand games over the 3 years I’ve played it) I’d say that 90% and upwards of Stable games are finished without problems and with the Unstable it is 80%. And most of the bugs don’t freeze/crash, you simply get an error message but you are able to continue with the game.

The big issue about the Beta versions is to find someone on the lobby who is also running it, otherwise you won’t be able to play online.

• @Cmdr:

Well then why would anyone use the unstable version??

• @captainjack:

@Cmdr:

Unstable versions have new features added, bugs fixed, etc. They’re a way to test those features before a new stable is released including them.

• @Hobbes:

@captainjack:

@Cmdr:

Unstable versions have new features added, bugs fixed, etc. They’re a way to test those features before a new stable is released including them.

Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m