• @barnee

Unfortunately, no. Never got the chance to play it because I’m on Android. That would be a fun way for me to try Oztea’s new rules though.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@oztea
    Is Italy allowed to attack Greece without DOW against France and or UK ? My first thought was no, but on reflection idk.

• '21 '18 '16

@barnee Italy should be able to attack Greece due to its proximity to Albania.

• '21 '18 '16

i have a few playtests going right now. will update when done. So far not so bad. i think China should lose 1 of those AA guns.

@seancb
    yea that’s what i decided as well. So if France or UK want to attack Italy for it Italy should get the bonus dudes. Actually probably only France would attack turn one and they’re toast turn 2 so doesn’t matter then.

Cool on the playtest. I finally got one going again :)

Update to 1.89
    Adds Japan being able to declare war on Dutch independent of any other players same as Germany and Italy.

Some guys were playing today and said they couldn’t DOW on the Dutch with Japan. I didn’t ask the scenario but the only one I could find was if Jpn DOW on USA and UK and ANZAC stay neutral it would happen, which I think might’ve been what was going on.

Idk if it’s necessary, bwth, it’s house rules. The more options the better :)

They also said an option of Germany not being allowed to attack UK without killing Poland first would be cool. So I’ll probably do that next. It’ll be a “map option”.

Update to 1.90

Fixed Russian Lend Lease Objective sz103 to correct sz3 in objectives tab. It worked right just worded wrong.

I think the earlier dow on dutch was a misunderstanding. I changed it so it says “Declare War on the British and ANZAC and Dutch” so should be clearer. I left the separate dow on dutch for Japan as well.

Update to 1.91

Fix Italy automatically declaring war on Dutch if they declare war on UK or France. They must declare war on the Dutch separately.

I wonder if Italy DOW on UK if that should be auto at war with France too ? But if UK DOW on Italy then they would still be neutral with France. That’s the way I’m leaning because right now Italy can rd2 DOW on UK and then ignore French units. Trans Jordan attack had the Syria infantry and French ships didn’t kill their med objective is what happened in latest test.

This can be easily player enforced by Italy just declaring on France too but think maybe it should be hardwired ? Idk I usually go with max flexibility but it just doesn’t seem right attack UK and French units are present that they wouldn’t do anything.

I think I’ll change it unless others think differently

Update to 1.92

1.92 Make USA Objective “Presence In France” a Map Option and add to Objectives Tab. Add “Capital Cash Once” (The second time a Capital is captured it’s PUs are destroyed instead of captured) as a Map Option. Make most Players able to Declare War on “True Neutrals” individually when “Charles de Gaulle Neutrals Modified” or “Vichy Option” is activated.

• @oztea Awesome stuff here! If you were to make Canada a separate power, how would you change the setup, if any?

@TheVenocWarlord

Hi Warlord

Not speaking for oz, but I plan on adding Canada at some point. simon33 laid the ground work for Global 40 and I adapted it to the house rules mod. Basically what I did was take dough and units away from UK and give them to Canada along with a NO of their own. It seems to work fairly good.

Ended up with this:

1. “CanadaBoost” Gives plus 1 PU to British Columbia. Newfoundland Labrador and Yukon Territory are now worth 1 PU. May also be activated via Map Options with “Canada Boost”.

2. “CanadaUnitBoost” Gives 2 Infantry and a Tac Bomber to Alberta. Also places 2 infantry in UK. May also be activated via Map Options with “Canada Boost”.

3. “CanadianNationalObjectives” Gives 2 PUs to Canada if Sea Zones 117 and 123 are Allied controlled.

So something similar to that for starters is the plan. Here’s what it looks like.

Screenshot from 2020-05-20 14-02-36.png

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I love the idea of adding Canada to 1939. One little thing is Newfoundland was a separate Dominon at the time, so it should be part of UK Europe (and can stay at $0).

Regarding the NOs I’d give the UK Europe $5 Canadian territory NO to Canada, but remove the US at war qualifier and restrict the sub-free zone to sz116-123. I’d prefer to just keep the IPC values on the map as is ($7), perhaps there could be another NO that pumps up their income to $15-16. Perhaps they could get an extra $3 once the US is at war. I don’t think BC needs to be $2, Canada will need to be doing pretty well to build an IC there and ANZAC can take care of the Pacific.

For UK Europe would add a $3 NO for no subs in sz 101-109 on top of their $5 NO for critical territories.

• If Germany attacks Benelux, all Dutch countries become pro-allies.
    This means Allies can take money islands Dutch Indies during non-combat.

This also should mean that Japan is allowed to attack them while not at war with Allies. Game engine does not allow it though. What is correct?

• First of all: great job!

Then I would like to have USA entry to war clarified in more detail.

Notes say
    “USA cannot go to war against the Axis until the beginning of PU collect phase of USA 5, unless of course an Axis power attacks it first.”

We assume that “or London has fallen” should be added.

But how about Japan declaring war to dutch; does it bring usa or uk into war?

Thanks in advance for answering

@chaptim I’ll update the notes for the London fallen. Yea seems as if Japan attacks the Dutch it should be game on. I’ll change that too.

Sorry for screwing up your game. Triplea bots don’t always use the latest. 1.94 is the latest.

• Welcome back Barnee.

@chaptim Updated to version 1.95. Triplea will not notify you of the update, so just uninstall and reinstall. Under Experimental.

Change Log:
    Clarify USA Declaration of War. Add version notification. Add notification for Italian combat.

Edit

Just remembered something. Hold off for a bit.

Good to go now.

Change Log:
    When “Charles de Gaulle Neutrals Modified” is activated, Mongolia will now turn Russian when attacked by Japan.

• '22 '21 '16 '15

Have been playing the 39 setup for a while now on TripleA but I would love to see the map printed out same size as global 40. Is there a map file out there for oztea´s 39 setup which I can print? Or is it possible to extract the mapfile from TripleA itself?

• Italy declares war to UK, but Paris does not fall for rounds - is the restriction for Italy able to attack only empty UK territories cancelled at any time?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m