Axis and Allies 50: House Rules (Lite)

• What is AA50HE?  “House Edition”?

These house rules are meant to be used not together, but presented as a structure of ideas to solve aspects of the game that players find daunting and to provide a sensible remedy to those issues that are historically based, but not terribly complicated.

I did not know that.  For a moment there, it looked like you were proposing a completely different game.  Anyways, I see my House Rules as being “open source” where anyone can contribute to them.  They are less specialized than yours and catered to less experienced player.

The house rules I posted here serve mainly as a help file for when I play the game.  I just thought I post them online so everyone could have access to them.

• AARHE is Axis And Allies Revised Historical Edition. Google it and you find millions of entries

AA50HE is another historical edition, but for AA50

• 1941 House Rules have been added.

AARHE is Axis And Allies Revised Historical Edition. Google it and you find millions of entries

Yes, you guys seem to take customization rather seriously.

• yea we fill the niche for the type of more of a wargame, but LITE will present a more friendly form.

• @TG:

Anyways, I see my House Rules as being “open source” where anyone can contribute to them.  They are less specialized than yours and catered to less experienced player.

are you serious about open source where everyone can contribute?
    you should create a system

imagine a base ruleset playtested on this forum - voted by a development team
    plus some optional rules that are you were saying as not “cumulative” - contributed from people

regardless AARe sort of belong to Avalon Hills forum community
    I am saying a AA50HE that belong to axisandallies.org forum community

• tekkyy,

are you serious about open source where everyone can contribute?

As you can see most of House Rules already come from other people.  I just collect everything together into one easy reference chart.  Obviously, I’m just one person so I don’t have time to read everything that gets posted on A&A.org.  In the old days I could, but that’s a different story.  If people want to post their own house rules here, I’m fine with that.

imagine a base ruleset playtested on this forum - voted by a development team
    plus some optional rules that are you were saying as not “cumulative” - contributed from people

I dunno… it sounds like you’re explaining AARHE to me.  How would they be different?  I don’t want to tamper with the core mechanics of the game.  If other people do, then I recommend AARHE.

• @TG:

I dunno… it sounds like you’re explaining AARHE to me.  How would they be different?  I don’t want to tamper with the core mechanics of the game.  If other people do, then I recommend AARHE.

heheh I wish (that was AARHE was that)

like AARe, thats a variant playtested by community of the late Avalon Hills forum
    I am hoping there would be a AA50 variant playtested by axisandallies.org

but I guess you don’t have that much time (like the old days)
    so you probably won’t put your hands up for PBF games

• Right now my energies are directed to Playtesting the game:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12942.0

I feel that the sooner we find out how balanced the game is and if it’s not, who benefits, the sooner we can go about correcting these flaws.  Besides bidding, House Rules are a great way of balancing the game and I look forward to implementing a few of these rules in my next game.

But yes, before we can start prescribing medicine we need to figure out what the symptoms and causes are.

• yes right
    no one is qualified to sugguest house rules until they’ve playtested the base game enough

anyway, would be nice when we come to playtesting the house rules that there’ll be a good amount of PBF games

• Customizer

That non-aggro pact looks a little familiar.

But it should add this: the 2 signatories cannot allow their allies to attack the other signatory from their territory.

That is, for example, UK bombers based on Russian soil cannot attack Japanese units, nor land in Russia from such an attack from elsewhere.

The treaty should remain in force for as long as the power gaining the right to attack wishes.  For example if Berlin falls Russia and Japan are only at war when Russia declares war on Japan, which it can do at any time.  Japan would not have the right to attack until Russia declared war, or until it’s own criteria were achieved.
    (Supposing Russia wanted to see a powerful Italy beated down a bit, or rebuild it’s own forces up after a hard German campaign, before risking war with a bloated Japanese monster.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m