1940 Global: Can you place a minor production facility in a territory the same turn you capture it?

• Title says it all. For example, on the US turn, if it purchases a minor facility, and in that turn, captures Norway, can the facility be placed in Norway at the conclusion of the turn, or can a facility not be placed until a territory is held for a full turn? My group of players is arguing about this heatedly, as it would greatly impact German’s chances of victory. Thanks!

• @Saber25
    You can only build facilities in a territory you owned at the beginning of your Turn. You can only use facilities that you owned at the beginning of your Turn. You can only pass through canals that you, or an Ally, owned at the beginning of your Turn.

Consider it the issue that it takes time to repair and clear the damage of the area just fought over to be able to build or use anything related to that territory.

• @Saber25
    Since your group is arguing over this I thought these excerpts might be useful: (Bold added by me)

Global 1940 Europe 2nd Edition Rulebook:

• Page 27 If a territory is captured, any facilities there are also captured. The capturing power (and, in the case of bases, its allies) can use them on the turn after they are captured.

• Page 27 Newly purchased industrial complexes, air bases, and naval bases are placed on the map during the Mobilize New Units phase. They can’t be placed on newly captured territories.

• Page 9 If your side (but not necessarily your power) controlled a canal or narrow strait at the start of your turn, you may move sea units through it (you can’t use it in the same turn that you capture it).

• @AndrewAAGamer Really appreciate it! Thanks

• @AndrewAAGamer one more question if you don’t mind. The same game is going on. The US has captured Norway, and then the next turn placed a factory. Is it legal for the US to deploy ships into seazone 113, which is inside of the Danish straight? Clearly they could not pass through without holding Denmark itself, but it seems to me that there is no reason that the US could not deploy to that zone for additional pressure on Germany! Thanks again for all your help!

• @Saber25 said in 1940 Global: Can you place a minor production facility in a territory the same turn you capture it?:

The US has captured Norway, and then the next turn placed a factory. Is it legal for the US to deploy ships into seazone 113, which is inside of the Danish straight? Clearly they could not pass through without holding Denmark itself, but it seems to me that there is no reason that the US could not deploy to that zone for additional pressure on Germany!

You are correct. Since the ship is being built it does not have to pass through any strait. A minor factory in Norway may build up to 3 ships per Turn in either SZ126, SZ125, SZ112 or SZ113 or any combination thereof.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m