• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

I’m assuming you are saying now there’s defending air in those just concurred territories ?
    But I’ve seen the axis in games having more advantage because there planes are closer to there main target or goals where other side can’t attack those planes.

• '17 '16

@SS-GEN
    Thanks for the addendum.

With up to 2 planes you get the same strength as a Carrier.
    Islands were nick-named unsinkable aircraft carriers.

The OOB rules forbidding to land on a just conquered territory was certainly introduced to prevent both unlimited full move attack kamikaze-liked.
    And unbalancing the borders battle with immediate hold of a TT with 1 ground and a massive airfleet, making impossible to fight back and forth over a territory.

The impact of this rule is that besides opening combat with setup, there is no dogfight in skirmishes battle overland, only at sea with carriers or scramble.

Allowing 2 ( you may decide to go 3, as scramble allowance) is to keep things within limits while having the fun of dogfight above battlegrounds.

When u mean pay 2 you mean 2 move left then plane can land. It’s like fly across sz move 1 then land move 1 = move 2.
    So the 2 planes can land after battle if they have 2 moves left.

Exactly. For instance, 2 land Fighters (M5) starts from an island with AB+1M move 2 SZs, and 1 over land. 3 moves left. If they win, they have enough to land, otherwise they can fly back.

• Well on islands a lot just had an airstrip. I can see maybe going with 1 plane on them and 2 at a airbase on the bigger so called islands.
    I still would like to play with any airbase can scramble 3 planes but never get the +1 move.
    But that’s another topic !

• '17 '16

@SS-GEN said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

Well on islands a lot just had an airstrip. I can see maybe going with 1 plane on them and 2 at a airbase on the bigger so called islands.
    I still would like to play with any airbase can scramble 3 planes but never get the +1 move.

2 aircraft or less is to give room for a correct defense built up after winning.
    Usually, attacker will not compromise aircraft on the frontline. To put them at risk, the main reason is to reinforced a needed to keep TTy wich have a few land units. With only one aircraft, my playtest showed it was not enough. Unless playing with OOB Fighter A6 D8 M4, which only one can bring a good swing,if casualty are played as normal.

• @baron-Münchhausen said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

Well on islands a lot just had an airstrip. I can see maybe going with 1 plane on them and 2 at a airbase on the bigger so called islands.

2 aircraft or less is to give room for a correct defense built up after winning.
    Usually, attacker will not compromise aircraft on the frontline. To put them at risk, the main reason is to reinforced a needed to keep TTy wich have a few land units. With only one aircraft, my playtest showed it was not enough. Unless playing with OOB Fighter A6 D8 M4, which only one can bring a good swing,if casualty are played as normal.

Ok but based on my game and having more ground pieces it’s gonna make some difference.
    Russia not gonna counter if Ger planes helping to defend ground troops. There not gonna risk there planes and need a ground piece or 2 extra. I could be wrong but

• @SS-GEN

Of course my experience is based solely on much smaller scale games. Which is pretty different at your Global game scale.

If you can provide one or two typical situations you encounter with details on units, I might have spare to time to try something tonight with my dice.

• Want to give a shout out to Tjoek for his country token list I came across redoing my map. Totally doing a rehab to map. New colors define borders. Resource tokens. LL placements
    Cleaning up and better looking

• @SS-GEN

sweet post a pic when done.

On a side note whenever i cleanup I’m never better looking. I’m thinking it’s a personal problem of my own

• @SS-GEN said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

Want to give a shout out to Tjoek for his country token list I came across redoing my map. Totally doing a rehab to map. New colors define borders. Resource tokens. LL placements
    Cleaning up and better looking

Thanks @SS-GEN! let me know if you need others, I might be able to get you a few more. Looking forward to see your final result.

Map 2 .pdf

Well got about 70 hours into map now. Got rid of the waves, redid all territory borders and sea zones. That alone took 36 hours. WT ! Nice and clean and crisp. Made territories bigger and smaller based on what goes on in my game.
    Got to add more stuff yet and fine comb too. To me colors are off but probably pic.
    I’ll try and post a pic of old map with waves and or go back in thread for pics.

Here’s old map pics

20400842-019F-44E6-9418-5E543538A2DD.jpeg 83670508-3BFF-4DB5-8062-E6AA0F351E5B.jpeg

• Not gonna lie, this could work on a practical level.

Map 3 .pdf

OK. Pretty much map is done. proof looking over and some name movement adjustments needed yet and then some…
    Hope to print Wed and then I’ll post picks of both maps showing what I did and tell you about history of the map and who’s map I used as a template so there’s no more confusion.

There is some small things on territories I need to erase so don’t get your panties worked what. Lol

• @SS-GEN
    Hi SS.
    There is a few names in USRR which need to be corrected. For example, it is Volgograd not Volgarod…

I’m Quebecois I don’t feel St-Laurent river is part of the map… .;) Sad but true…
    Have a nice weekend.

• Ha. Where is this river ? I’ll put it on map.
    Spelling stuff never really looked at. Be playing for years on it. I’ll change your suggestion
    Thank you

• @SS-GEN said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

Ha. Where is this river ? I’ll put it on map.
    Spelling stuff never really looked at. Be playing for years on it. I’ll change your suggestion
    Thank you

The “St-Laurent River” is better known in English as the Saint Lawrence River. It is the outlet from the Great Lakes to the Atlantic Ocean.

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

Ha. Where is this river ? I’ll put it on map.
    Thank you

The “St-Laurent River” is better known in English as the Saint Lawrence River. It is the outlet from the Great Lakes to the Atlantic Ocean.

-Midnight_Reaper

Done Baron

• '17 '16

@SS-GEN

A clear typo is about Gibralter…
    GibraltAr… would be better.

Kvenki SSR is, in fact, Evenki Autonomous Okrug.
    (In G40, it is Evenkiyski.) In 1942.2, it is Evenki National Okrug.)

Kansk should be Krasnoïarsk.

Archangel need to be Arkhangelsk
    Yakut SSR need to be Yakutsk SSR.
    because you use “sk” for Murmansk and Norilsk.

• '17 '16

@baron-Münchhausen said in SS GEN's 1941 Global War Game:

@SS-GEN

A clear typo is about Gibralter…
    GibraltAr… would be better.

Kvenki SSR is, in fact, Evenki Autonomous Okrug.
    (In G40, it is Evenkiyski.) In 1942.2, it is Evenki National Okrug.)

Kansk should be Krasnoïarsk.

Archangel need to be Arkhangelsk
    Yakut SSR need to be Yakutsk SSR.
    because you use “sk” for Murmansk and Norilsk.

Northern Russia, in most A&A game is named Vologda.
    Northern Siberia should replaced Norilsk and
    Norilsk should replaced Northern Siberia.
    Vorkuta (is a city inside) Komi ASSR but in most G40 game map it is usually named Nenetsia TT.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komi_Republic

If you wish to introduce a more WWII inspired region (Tankograd), I suggest to rename Sverdlovsk for Chelyabinsk (as Tankograd).

Far Eastern Republic (is an anachronistic region), Amur is a better fit.

Cyrenacia should be Cyrenaica.
    Libya should be named Fezzan or Southern Libya.
    Somalialand is spelled Somaliland.

Northern Algeria should be Algiers.
    Algeria should be named Southern Algeria.

Sardina (lol) should be Sardinia.
    Abbyssinnia should be written: Abyssinia.

Seville or Sevilla is missing in the blank territory just above Gibraltar.
    Switz should be Switzerland. Probably not enough space on the map…

Palan is Palau (island)
    Papau is not on this island (near Samoa), it is Port Moresby or Territory of Papua.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territory_of_Papua

Malay is Malaya.
    Saigon should be named Cambodia and the French IndoChina border drawn southward a bit and renamed: Vietnam.

Bonin Island is plural: Bonin Islands
    Singkiang should be Southern Singkiang.
    Northern China should be named Northern Singkiang.

Appalachia should be in Northeastern United States, NEUS should be in Appalachia.

• Ok. Working on it. Like I said not my template map

• '17 '16

@SS-GEN
    Are you going to left a blank for Sahara desert and Himalayas?

The Northwestern part of these Himalayan mountains is named Tian Shan. If you want to split in two impassable regions. As you did on your regular map.

Uzbek should be Uzbek SSR.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m