• @Audacity:

Just to wrap up this question
    Which state has the lowest highest point?

Each state has a highpoint and some of these highest points (or elevations) are lower than others. The correct answer in Delaware!

Nope, Florida.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britton_Hill

• Well leave it to Wikipedia to have more info than my two atlases!

Isn’t there a mountain of garbage somewhere in Florida thats higher?

• @balungaloaf:

i think i know! i’m sure i know.  crap well how about donkey kong jr.  i probably played every nintendo game ever.  well maybe not every, but pretty close.

Damn, you beat me!!

• balungaloaf, A winner is You!

“Donkey Kong Junior is a 1982 arcade-style platform video game by Nintendo.  Over the course of the 1980s, it was also released for various console systems.  Its eponymous star, Donkey Kong Junior, is trying to rescue his father Donkey Kong, who has been captured by Mario, in his only appearance as an antagonist in a video game.”

Question #9 - Paradoxes

Two wooden creates, Box 1 and Box 2, are on a table.  Box 1 contains $1,000.  Box 2 contains $0 or $1 million.  You do not know which.  You have two options:

1. Take what is in both creates.
    2. Take only what is in Box 2.

At an unspecified moment before the test, Mr. Toad has made a prediction about what option you will choose.  Mr. Toad’s predictions are “most certainly” correct.  If Mr. Toad expects you to choose both creates, he will leave Box 2 empty.  If he expects you to take only Box 2, he will put $1 million in it.  If he expects you will randomize your choice by, say, flipping a coin, he will leave Box 2 empty.  In each case Box 1 contains $1,000.

What should you do?

• After reading the information several times I choose # 1.  Just because of the last sentence: “In each case Box 1 contains $1,000.”

So it doesn’t matter what Mr. Toad decided is or is not in box # 2, in chooseing the only option with box # 1 I the chooser would walk away with $1,000.

So #1 is my answer.

LT

• 2007 AAR League

I would choose option 2.

If mister Toad’s predictions are “most certainly” correct, and he expects me to take box 2 only(which I did), then he has left $1 milloin dollars it it.

I suppose it all depends on what your definition of “most certainly” is. But I’m pretty sure it’s better than average.

• Do you think that Mr. Toad “most certainly” predicted us to be divided on the vote?

• 2007 AAR League

take box number one, pull a firearm on toad, and force march him to the location where he keeps the million that goes into box number 2.  then dispatch of toad.

• Man, that question just makes me think of the Sicilian scene in “The Princess Bride.”

Moral of the story: you can’t win a land war in Asia.

• i would most likely choose the two box’es, either i would have $1,001,000 or $1000

• The answer?  There is no ‘one’ answer; that’s why I titled the question a paradox.  The problem was first described by William Newcomber, which eventually became known as Newcomber’s Paradox.

The Explanation (taken directly from William Newcomber):

_"Let us look first at the argument for taking Box 2. You believe Mr. Toad is an excellent predictor.  If you take both boxes, Mr. Toad almost certainly would have anticipated your action and left Box 2 empty. You will get only the $1,000 in Box 1. On the other hand, if you take only Box 2, Mr. Toad, expecting that, most certainly will have placed $1 million in it. Clearly it is to your advantage to take only Box 2.

Convinced?  Yes, but say Mr. Toad made his prediction a week ago and then left.  Either he put $1 million in Box 2, or he didn’t.  If the money is there, it will stay there whatever you choose.  It is not going to disappear.  It is assumed ‘backward causality’ does not apply; that is, your present actions cannot influence what Mr. Toad did last week.  So why not take both boxes and get everything?  If Box 2 is filled, you get $1,001,000.  If it is empty, you get at least $1,000.  If you are foolish as to take only Box 2, you cannot get more than $1 million.  There is even a slight possibility of getting nothing.  Clearly it is to your advantage to take both boxes!"_

What it really boils down is how much you trust Mr. Toad. 
    I trust Mr. Toad so I would’ve chosen Box 2 only.

For everyone who answered you’ll all be getting +1 Karma!  :-D

• This is it boys.  Question Number Ten, the last stop on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride.  Answer this question right and you’ve made it out of Magic Kingdom!  :lol:
    Question #10 - Board Game Knowledge

In 2007, Miss Canada made a guest appearance at a popular gaming convention in Essen.  And avid board game enthusiast herself, Miss Canda can be seen playing this board game, ___________.  (Identify it)

• I do not know the answer - it is just a chuckling pleasure to be able to dialogue with TGMIV again.  How is your little sister doing?

BTW - i will guess A&A Europe, but that is more a guess than anything.

Cheers my long lost friend,
    CC

• i know that i have never played that game, my guess would be the war of the ring

• Well I’m going to guess that:

1. Miss Canada doesn’t play blood and guts games as most female’s don’t.

2. It looks like ocean movement is a must in this game possibly set in the med.

3. It can’t be an A&A game or any variation of Risk because of all the cards.

so that would leave me with a game very popular in Canada called: “Container

I have never played it but it is kind of like that game “tradewinds” a lot of kids are playing on the computer now.

LT

• After having run an extensive search on google I think I know the name of the game and believe my answer was incorrect.

As this is a very diffucult question Mr. Toad has given us I would go as far as to hint that one of the 3 points I made in my last post was wrong.

LT

• Hint:

Since it’s unfair that I covered part of the board, as I was making sure none of you would see the box, the section in red (on the actual board) represents the boot of Italy.  Which should lead you guys to believe the game is something… Roman.   :wink: :wink:

PS: It’s also a personal favorite of Mr. Toad’s.

I do not know the answer - it is just a chuckling pleasure to be able to dialogue with TGMIV again.  How is your little sister doing?

CC

Good to see you too old friend.  I was wondering where you went off to.  I was starting to get worried; you’re one of the few moderators we have left.   :-D

Amber is doing fine.  We actually played our first A&A50 game yesterday.  Well, it was only half a game because we set up the European board only.  My friend was Germany+Italy, I played Russia, and Amber played United Kingdom.

For most of the game Germany was putting the screws to me.  I lost Leningrad early, my counterattack from Archangel failed, and Stalingrad fell to Italy.  If Amber hadn’t held Egypt (which she did without reinforcing), I would’ve conceded.  Anyways, on the last round when Germany was to smash Moscow, Amber launched a surprise amphibious assault from England to Berlin.  The odds were against her (see had a few infantry but swarms of bombers), but Amber won by a hair.  The Allies won the game.  Sometimes it pays when you’re teamed up with your little sister.   :lol:

• @TG:

Hint:

Since it’s unfair that I covered part of the board, as I was making sure none of you would see the box, the section in red (on the actual board) represents the boot of Italy.  Which should lead you guys to believe the game is something… Roman.   :wink: :wink:

PS: It’s also a personal favorite of Mr. Toad’s.

I do not know the answer - it is just a chuckling pleasure to be able to dialogue with TGMIV again.  How is your little sister doing?

CC

Good to see you too old friend.  I was wondering where you went off to.  I was starting to get worried; you’re one of the few moderators we have left.   :-D

Amber is doing fine.  We actually played our first A&A50 game yesterday.  Well, it was only half a game because we set up the European board only.  My friend was Germany+Italy, I played Russia, and Amber played United Kingdom.

For most of the game Germany was putting the screws to me.  I lost Leningrad early, my counterattack from Archangel failed, and Stalingrad fell to Italy.  If Amber hadn’t held Egypt (which she did without reinforcing), I would’ve conceded.  Anyways, on the last round when Germany was to smash Moscow, Amber launched a surprise amphibious assault from England to Berlin.  The odds were against her (see had a few infantry but swarms of bombers), but Amber won by a hair.  The Allies won the game.  Sometimes it pays when you’re teamed up with your little sister.   :lol:

You mean that Jen isn’t the only female in the human race to play A&A?

• This tells me I just need to find a Canadian girlfriend.

I don’t know any Rome based board games, but it looks like Carthage is in there, so I’m gonna guess something to do with Hannibal.

• @Jermofoot:

This tells me I just need to find a Canadian girlfriend.

I don’t know any Rome based board games, but it looks like Carthage is in there, so I’m gonna guess something to do with Hannibal.

If you decide to head north to find your self a woman you can stop here just 19 miles south of the border.  You don’t want to spend the night in a forign country.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m