A&A Pacific different box variations.

• Hi,

Does anyone have these variations of the Pacific edition for sale?

I am looking for a complete and well kept game including these box variations (335, 345, 385):

Pacific 385.jpg
    Pacific 345.jpg
    Pacific 335.jpg

• @AAdudeCPHDK1981 I’ve only ever heard of the 345 and 335 piece count cover art editions (the 345 count is a lie, the game only ever came from the factory with 335 pieces). Where did you find the picture for the 385 piece count cover art?

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper Hi MR,

I have a 330 box in my collection and came across the 345 when I was looking for some other games, and that send me on a little hunt to see what else could be out there and I think it is a you say that the game includes 335 pieces as a standard, and I guess the other numbers are just printing errores, nonetheless I would love to ad this versions to my collection.

I can also tell you that I have 2 different Europe editions (in the green box), one with 369 and one with 370…

Then there is the Revised edition (darkblue box), I have two different versions (with ‘now included’ on the front), one with 366 and one with 370 (where you get 4 extra japanese tanks/armor), but I also know that there is a version (maybe even two), with ‘2 new’ on the front instead of ‘now included’…

I am aware that these differences doesn’t change tha game itself or the amount of pieces as such, but I would still like to add them to my collection.

• @AAdudeCPHDK1981 UPDATE: I now only am looking for the 385 version… So if anyone have it and are willing to sell it, please let me know :)

• I have a 335 box with the AH 50th anniversary logo on it. If I remember correctly this one came with orange Japan pieces instead of red. I’ll try to take a pic of it this weekend and post it.

• @PiecesAndParts That sounds great, looking forward to seeing the picture :)

• @AAdudeCPHDK1981 said in A&A Pacific different box variations.:

@AAdudeCPHDK1981 UPDATE: I now only am looking for the 385 version… So if anyone have it and are willing to sell it, please let me know :)

Again, I collect A&A games - I’ve got at least one copy of them all. I’ve never, ever, heard of a copy of A&A Pacific that states that there are 385 pieces inside. If you could please share your source for this information, I might be able to help you. It is entirely possible that you are looking for something that doesn’t exist…

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper It might be, it was only a picture I came across while searching for other box variations, I also found some other interesting box variations during the same search, and I am pretty sure they don’t excist, but it would be nice to get it confirmed so I don’t spend time looking for none-excisting things :D

Revised 366 (Fransk 2).jpg Revised 366 (2 New).jpg Pacific 385.jpg 1942 Anniversary Edition.jpg

A french boxprinting of the Revised edition (a Revised boxprinting edition where it says “2 New” instead of “Now Included”), The 385 boxprinting of the Pacific edition and the 1942 boxprinting of the Anniversary edition… :) besides that I have a near complete collection, I am still missing the Jedko Games (Australia) edition of the original 1981 Nova Games release, otherwise I am almost there :D

• I didn’t find a pic of it in my google search but I once saw A&A Classic with French writing on the box for sale on ebay from a Canadian seller.

• Official Q&A

The “1942” version of the AA50 box above is prototype artwork for the box cover. It was released only as advance promotional material for the game, and no copies were printed using that design. I know this because I worked on the project.

I suspect that the same may be true of the “385” Pacific version, due to the piece count. I know that there were some discussions during development around the pieces that might be included.

I’m not sure about the Revised versions, but the second one may also be a prototype, as it is also a “flat” view of the cover art, and not in three dimensions.

I hope this helps.

• @Krieghund It helps a lot good sir :) and this confirms my suspicions… Thanks a lot :)

• @PiecesAndParts said in A&A Pacific different box variations.:

I didn’t find a pic of it in my google search but I once saw A&A Classic with French writing on the box for sale on ebay from a Canadian seller.

Of the pictures you posted, the only one I consider plausible is the French language edition of revised. I only find that plausible because I have also seen those French language versions of A&A Classic. I have never actually seen any boxes of A&A Revised in any language but English.

Krieghund knows what of he’s talking about. I know for a fact that the “1942” cover for A&A: AE 50 was a promo picture and that only “1941” covers were ever released. If he says they didn’t make “385” covers for A&A Pacific, I would take him at his word any day.

To me, it sounds like your collection is about as complete as mine, i.e. only missing a copy of the Jedko version of the NGD Axis & Allies.

The only thing I would ask about your collection would be to ask if you have all of the mistakes made across certain batches of games in manufacturing of those game:

• A&A Classic, batches of US infantry pieces molded in German grey and in the same games batches of German infantry pieces molded in US olive green;
    • A&A Guadalcanal, batches of US cruiser pieces molded in Japanese burnt orange and in the same batch of games batches of Japanese cruiser pieces molded in US olive green;
    • A&A Anniversary Edition, first printing, a batch of some of the British tanks molded in Italian brown and included as Italian tanks.

I hope that helps you out (or, gives you something else to shoot for).

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper Both of you guys have been a great help and source for new information, and I thank you both very much :)

I have no idea about the molding errors you mention, but I am sure I would have noticed if any of them were indeed in my collection.

I have twenty+ different boxprintings in my collection (24 if I remember correctly - number 25 is arriving soon), including one of the french Revised versions, it looks a bit different from the picture I have posted here, so maybe this picture is also just a prototype like the 1942 Anniversary, 2 New Revised and 385 Pacific ones… In that case, the only game missing from my collection is as mentioned the Australian Jedko version of Nova Games 1981 original edition, I did find one on eBay, but I was not successfull in getting it, so hopefully I will have better luck next time I come across one.

When my 25th. game arrives I will put up some pictures of the collection.

• 20200809_105237.jpg
    I dug into my boxes and I was wrong, neither of my Pacific games have the 50th logo.

• @PiecesAndParts No worries, thanks for looking :)

You are missing the 330 box printing ;)

• @AAdudeCPHDK1981 said in A&A Pacific different box variations.:

@PiecesAndParts No worries, thanks for looking :)

You are missing the 330 box printing ;)

You silly man :-) Do you have a picture of the “330 pieces” box cover to share? I’ve heard of and seen A&A Pacific box covers with “335 pieces” and “345 pieces” printed on them. I’ve never heard of A&A Pacific “330 pieces” box cover. Care to share?

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper Pacific 330.jpg Indeed I do good sir :)

• @AAdudeCPHDK1981 Well, all right, then. I guess you learn something new everyday. :-)

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper Then it has been a good day :D

• An earlier post, now with pictures…

I didn’t find a pic of it in my google search but I once saw A&A Classic with French writing on the box for sale on ebay from a Canadian seller.

A picture of the French A&A box:
    A picture of the French A&A boxSource

The only thing I would ask about your collection would be to ask if you have all of the mistakes made across certain batches of games in manufacturing of those game:

• A&A Classic, batches of US infantry pieces molded in German grey and in the same games batches of German infantry pieces molded in US olive green;

A picture of the mis-molded American and German Infantry, along with other pieces from Milton Bradley A&A:
    A picture of the mis-molded American and German InfantrySource

Also, that whole thread of knp7765’s, Evolution of Axis & Allies pieces – Take 2, is an excellent primer on the pieces of Axis & Allies and their variations.

• A&A Guadalcanal, batches of US cruiser pieces molded in Japanese burnt orange and in the same batch of games batches of Japanese cruiser pieces molded in US olive green;

A picture of the mis-molded American and Japanese CruisersSource

• A&A Anniversary Edition, first printing, a batch of some of the British tanks molded in Italian brown and included as Italian tanks.

A picture of the mis-molded British tanks in Italian brownSource

That should make my points crystal clear.

-Midnight_Reaper

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m