đź‘‹ Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• anytime!

Majot

• @LtWinters f yea dude ! Rock !!!

• @LtWinters said in Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

Hi all. Name is Landon from Pittsburgh, PA. Just discovered this series a few months ago with 1941. I immediately got hooked and started looking up strategies and found that there were other editions of Axis and Allies that I had never heard off. With quarantine keeping me at home and looking for something to do, I bought both A&A Zombies and A&A Europe 2nd edition. Hoping to get Pacific soon. Still new to everything but excited to learn and develop new ways to play.

Thanks to everyone on the Forum! You guys are the best!

I think that you’ve got some rocking ideas. I’m glad to see another shiny face, ready to conquer the world.

That said, I might suggest trying out 1942 (preferably the Second Edition) before tackling the 1940 games (Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940). There are game concepts used in the 1940 games that are also in 1942 (such as Cruisers as naval units, Strategic Bombing to attack factories, naval gunfire support for amphibious landings, anti-aircraft guns, etc.). The difference is that if you go from 1941 and Zombies to the 1940 games, you will get hit with all the new concepts from 1942 and a bunch of new concepts that are only in the 1940s games (Mechanized Infantry (Infantry guys, now in trucks or half-tracks, so they can keep up with the tanks), Tactical Bombers, Convoy Raiding, etc.). Having to figure out everything all at once might be a bit much.

All I’m saying is that the pool is very, very deep in places and you might be better served by trying the 10 foot section of the pool before going straight to the 40 foot, diver trial, section of the pool.

My 2 IPCs anyways,

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper Thanks for the advice! I’ll definitely look into getting 1942 soon.

• Hello everyone. I had introduced myself before, but had to redo my account, and it got deleted I guess.
    I am from Missouri. I have been playing Axis and Allies for a few years now. I only recently started trying to get better at strategy. I usually play with my brother, but sometimes with a friend too. I have only played A&A 1942, but just got the 1940 global and am excited to play that. I haven’t done much with customizations or house rules, but would like to eventually.

• @J-o-C Lots of Game veterans in here Boyo. Ask away. Plenty of strats to bounce off of. If you havent taken a look at the custom jobs give it a look see. Its incredible.

• Thanks, I definitely will.

• Hey all. I’m from Minneapolis and I started playing Classic in the late 90s/early 2000s and fell in love with it. I played a ton of that, the old Xeno Games World at War, and some A&A Europe. Quit playing for awhile and picked it up again about 6 years ago when I found Global 40, playing almost weekly ever since. I’ve played tons of that, the Naval Minis, the Global 1942 tournament game and recently I started playing HBG’s Global 36 game (which I love). While I’ve always preferred to play live (It’s the poker player in me), I’m open to playing new opponents online as well. I just haven’t posted on here because I’ve had multiple groups to play with. Always glad to talk shop or play A&A, so feel free to message me.

• '22

Hi :)
    I come from Italy.
    I am used to playing with my community but i would like to have more opportunities to compare myself with other players using Triple A.
    I will need some help mainly because I have never played in “play by forum” mode but only by email (and MARTI server) .

• @Avner Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

To start with TripleA look at some stickied threads in this category:
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/category/28/triplea-support
    In case of TripleA related questions just open a topic there, too.

Search for other online players here:
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/category/27/find-online-players

Have fun :slightly_smiling_face:

• @djensen hello my name is Ricardo Fuentes Abreu. I am from Puerto Rico. Nice to meet you all and have the Axis and Allies spring 1941 the basic

• @Panther hi I am Ricardo and I have a question? To stay in this forum their is a quote or is free to stay

• @Ricardo-Fuentes Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:
    Being part of this community is free.
    There is a donation button for voluntary donations.

Have fun :slightly_smiling_face:

• @Panther thanks for the help chief

• Hey everyone,

I live down in South Florida and have been an A&A for a little bit, picking up Revised way back when it was brand new and playing it to death (I still have every single piece). Things went quiet until recently when I got my hands on Global 1940 and discovered the HBG website last year. I’ve toyed with bumping things up with the 1936/1939 map but I’m having way too much fun with 1940 (and, considering the cost, i’d need to have a regular group to play with), experimenting with house rules and all that.

While I’ve played 1940 off and on with some friends, I’m really hoping to find some more opponents here via the forum willing to play via e-mail/Discord using the actual board and pieces. It is a slightly slower but better experience for me.

• @Channel_Three

Here you can download TripleA (https://triplea-game.org/) which is a program that allows you to play online, trough pbem or just local (vs AI or friends that come over, without having to actually put up the board, fast and easy gameplay). I dont think you’ll find many players that are willing to play like you suggest, but hopefully for you there are some around. I suggest you try online gaming tough, because there is always someone around that is ready to play at any given time of the day.

I hope you have fun playing and learn lots of new strategies and such. Btw with that program you can play almost any game there is available on the A&A genre and also other games like NWO, Domination, LOTR and much more. Good luck and have fun!

• Hey @cds , thanks for the recommendation! I’m very familiar with TripleA, but, like I mentioned, it is a more rewarding experience for me using the actual board and pieces and it allows more room for experimentation, I feel. Fortunately I have found someone right up my alley and we are in the midst of a 1940 Pacific game that I am enjoying very much. Even better, they seem to match my experience level with the game (a real problem in the past), which is very important.

Thanks again for the recommendation and the info, I’ll keep it in mind!

• Howdy!

I live SW of Fort Worth, Texas.

I started playing A&A (original) with my uncles back in the 90s and didn’t pick it up again until a couple of months ago. There’s a lot of nostalgia wrapped up in this game for me - those holiday nights (my uncles all lived out state) were the only nights I was allowed to stay up much past the 10 O’clock news.

Being stuck in doors with Covid19 with stir-crazy kids for the last several months proved a great opportunity to pick up the old habit again. We purchased the anniversary reprint and have really enjoyed playing the '41 setup with restricted or closed Dardanelles and a bid of 9 to the allies.

I’ve enjoyed reading through a number of the posts on this forum - there’s a lot of good content.

Thanks to the mods for keeping up with the website.

• Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking on this forum on and off for 10 ten years and it has been a great resource for my love of Axis and Allies. I finally decided to join as I’ve started a project around Axis and Allies Global edition.

If it’s okay I will start a topic around the adaptions I’ve been doing to the game both physically and game play wise.

cheers
    John

• @John-Payne Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Of course your input is highly welcome. We have the “Customizations” categories for exactly this purpose.
    Have fun.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m