Axis and Allies Classic 10 part series on YouTube

• '20 '16 '15 '14

Okay, first, you have to remove the naval occupation issue. After that, then we could play.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

I won’t place any IC’s either. But I’d hate to limit the Axis to that rule since it’s rough. Yes, I know that the transports are more flexible. I’m not sure that’s the base issue.

• sure no problem! naval occupation is an optional rule anyway.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

Okay, so I get Allies and it’s say the best 4 out of 7?

And, to confirm, you are certain you don’t want a bid?

• '20 '16 '15 '14

So, for the others out there, I didn’t understand this, but apparently the proposition is to place an extra inf into Ukr and subtract an in out of Cauc. So, that is in effect a 6 bid when you think about it. I was thinking that this was straight up even, but that’s not what is being said.

That’s a much more interesting proposition.

And, just to be clear, it’s kind of like a 6 bid but without being able to place it anywhere you want.

• ^ yep…and all for all the others out there, this was/is addressed on my Classic channel.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

This post is deleted!
  • '20 '16 '15 '14

A bid of 9 covers that, 1 inf EE, 2 inf Libya. This isn’t being considered here because it is not “historical” but it does balance the game quite nicely.

• …and I never argued with that.

The two videos on my channel regarding balance explain my position. Nobody has to play with those recommendations. They’re a personal preference, that’s all… you and I are not obligated to play a game.

I don’t care to play with your bid and you don’t care to play with the no IC optional rule (in box) and “strict neutrals” (out of box). I’m not married to the east front adjustment i put forward.

and that’s okay

• Whoa, this discussion is still going?

I understand your frustration since I’ve agreed with you from the beginning. In fairness to AcesWild, it looks like he has mostly accepted the same understanding of the game’s balance that we’ve been saying all along over the course of these past, what, two years? He’s been willing to change his perspective which is more than many people do. So I commend him for that. And even for his painstaking journey of internalising and understanding the balance for himself rather than just taking our word for it.

But what remains is the fact that he is still opposed to a bid. And I guess that’s just a matter of what you are looking for in a game: I’d rather have a game that is more equitable regardless of historical accuracy, whereas some people might prefer a fixed game that is still as balanced as possible. I prefer the bid because it allows disagreements of balance to automatically be resolved by whoever is willing to bid the least. Whereas I think AcesWild is going to have a tough journey selling his recommended fixes to anything more than a handful of people he knows just because he doesn’t have the reach of people who will pay attention to him, but for those people, maybe it salvages a great game.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

This post is deleted!

• To anyone who reads this, the game didn’t happen because we couldn’t agree on how best to balance our game. Nobody backed out.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

@AcesWild5049 said in Axis and Allies Classic 10 part series on YouTube:

to anyone who reads this, the game didn’t happen because we couldn’t agree on how best to balance our game. nobody backed out.

Actually, not true at all. I just said that if this is all you are giving Axis that I would gladly play Allies. I can copy my chat with you if needed.

There is just no way I’m playing Axis with nothing extra in Africa, since that’s the only way Axis can win against competent competition.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

Especially if it’s still 2nd edition rules and not 3rd edition (which had 2 hit bb’s and so forth).

• @DizzKneeLand33 I don’t know how or why this came off the rails so badly. I think this disagreement and misunderstanding is a product of text communications. my skype is ryan.voznick and I welcome a voice conversation with you.

• '20 '16 '15 '14

I’m editing my prior threads. I’m sorry to have derailed your thread.

I really want to help. I’ve watched several of your videos. And, in reality, only experience can help you now.

Take care.

• @DizzKneeLand33 its clear to me that we have somehow talked past each other. You take care as well.

• @DizzKneeLand33

Hi I used to play a lot on Spring42 about 20 years ago. I was in the top 3 during the era were only Utah/Omaha database and 3rd one was maybe Kremlin (but im sure Sword/Anzio didnt exist). I remember the only players that had a winrate similar to mine was “Brink”. During that time I played against Pbem and I think AA warclub/warzone but these players where much weaker than hasblow/ Spring42 crowd. Most of them tought Spring42 rules were heresy (something I can understand) but with Hasblow we could play like 2 games in one evening (sometimes up to 6am) but playing a lot more game and seeing top players make you learn fast. I don’t think ive played vs a vgood “classic” players in the last 10 years. I play at least 100 games a year during a few years during those time. I think to be high ranking you havd to play at least 50 games on Spring. I also rememebr team tournament but this is so far away lol.

Anyway do these very experienced players still play classic or they all play revised and later ? I would really like to play one real game before confiment is over :)

IIrc my handle was blesf.

• @dizzkneeland33 said in Axis and Allies Classic 10 part series on YouTube:

omg, seriously, let me tell you, from my own experience, that a 2 IC build for the british is suicide against a good Axis player. Period.

dizzkneeland33, if this is your view on The_Good_Captain’s 2 IC strategy for UK, then just play him as the Axis and prove it. I would love to hear about the results. Classic rules with Russia Restricted and he agrees to play the 2 IC strategy. It sounds like you both believe you would be at an advantage in this setup, so what’s preventing you from playing?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m