• Even after reading the rules, we are at a conflict.

After either a land or sea battle where the attacker is the victor, can the attacker retreat some or all his units?

• where the attacker is the victor, can the attacker retreat some or all his units?

Problematic sentence. A victor is when the territory is cleared of one side by combat.

But i think you mean when the defender is eliminated does the attacker need to commit to enter the territory?

After any round the attacker who has not defeated the defender can choose to retreat some units or all and continue or abandon further combat.

So after a round where it rolls very well…its attacking units that rolled ARE committed to enter the territory.

THEY CANNOT ROLL DICE AND THEN WIN, BUT ELECT NOT TO ENTER THE TERRITORY. THAT DECISION WAS TO BE MADE BEFORE ROLLING THE DICE.

• oldsalty, yes you can except attacker have to leave at least one land unit behind (in land combat)
    in naval combat attacker can retreat all

@Imperious:

THEY CANNOT ROLL DICE AND THEN WIN, BUT ELECT NOT TO ENTER THE TERRITORY. THAT DECISION WAS TO BE MADE BEFORE ROLLING THE DICE.

without going into the details of the long discussion…the compromise we arrived at resulted in adding this to the rules
    -> Phase 4: Conduct Combat -> Land Combat: Retreat Decision -> Attacker retreat
    However if defender has no land units left, attacker must leave behind at least one land unit.

and I don’t want to start that discussion again unless oldsalty wants to

• No way am I opening that can of worms again!!!  :-)

I am very happy as is, just wanted a clarification.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m