• '21 '20 '18 '17

@crockett36 I agree, it doesn’t mess with the rest of the map, which is pretty balanced.

Did you give my Taamvan 3.0 Mod a shot? It works pretty well…

1 tank 1 fighter in Urals
    Reduce Moscow, Leningrad, Volgograd, Caucasus Bonus from 5 to 3
    Capitol Rule (from BM)

Another possible add-on might be “Tankograd; If the Russians Control two or fewer factories, they MAY place a minor industrial complex in Urals during their Collect Income Phase”

• @taamvan I love that. Haven’t tried it yet. My games take forever. I’ll start a game with the computer. Also deep into War Room.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I’m commenting so this thread stays high on my topics. I’m thinking that I might present this option which seems like a minor tweak, the lend-lease chart suggested by the general (ss) and grasshoppers and big al’s tech chart and my handicap system to a friend of mine for a new release of his tournament rules. This seems very doable.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

For what its worth this is my LL chart d12 for my game. We have been playing with LL now for awhile and the chart or pieces are a bit to weak and not getting to Moscow fast enough based on my game starting in Dec 1941. Germany pretty much attacks Moscow on T5 before winter season T6 ( all Inf D5 ). So when we had Art in the LL chart it doesn’t make it to Moscow in time if it goes into Persia. Archangel is another landing spot but is captured by Germany by T4. So what we have done to LL chart now is give Russia a better chance at tanks and figs which they had plenty of later in war and now instead of Persia Iran the landing spot we moved it to Caucasus. Now at least the 3 of the 2 move ground pieces can get to Moscow before its attacked.
    But if Axis Captures Caucasus then the landing spot is Georgia and if that is captured to then Tehran is the landing spot.
    But remember if Tehran, Iran or Persia what ever you have in game and are captured you cannot land LL pieces there or if axis ships off coast.
    So whats the ave to defend Moscow is like 5-6 figs in my game and the same for G40 ? Plus my planes in game can kill planes in every round of battle. So if Russia has more figs when Ger attacks Moscow getting that extra plane kill or 2 may benefit them but then it goes the other way too. Hey if Moscow is not attacked then they have a chance to counter Leningrad or Stalingrad and deny the axis win. Most if not all games Moscow falls. I’m making it where Moscow can fall but forcing Ger to go all out plus now Russia can contest Stalingrad late in war like they should be able to or go after Leningrad. Depends on how weak Ger is on one of there fronts. But will this take sea lion off the table now ? Thats where a few extra Ger subs in the Atlantic on setup help delay the invasion. A ton of stuff to play with.
    In the mean time between Russia’s turn the time frame represents the LL pieces landing in Persia or Iran are traveling by truck, railroads & Ships. SO it makes sense in my game to have LL pieces in Caucasus.
    Granted G40 starts sooner so you would need to figure out the Middle East landing spot so pieces can at least get to Moscow before Germany attacks on T4 or T5 the normal I believe. Now with those extra UK Anzac figs not having to go to Moscow and now can defend the Middle East or Calcutta or Persia IC more and force Axis to try and shut down the LL in Persia. Plus if Russia gets a few figs right away they have a chance to send up interceptors when Ger wants to keep bombing. Another thing to consider is does Russia even have enough Figs in setup in the first place. Or they buy 1 or 2 now and can counter or with LL figs.
    Just saying the Med and Middle East has more action and besides in my game Axis get a 1 victory bonus point if they control the 4 oil derricks in the Middle East with no damage. One key is give the Italians a bit of a chance to do something. ( maybe UK cannot attack italy T1 ) Now the Italian can openers need to go to Middle East ? Ha Ha play test time !!! lol
    And yes we have Tankograd in game also. Build 2 T-34s for 4 icps per turn and can only build tanks there. IC cannot move.
    Anyway these are ideas and they have been tested in many games.
    LL Chart D12

1. Fig : Arch Caucasus Georgia Tehran
    2. Tank : A C G T
    3. Mech : A C G T SFE
    4. Kay Rockets : A C G T SFE
    5. Tank : A C G T
    6. Fig : A C G T
    7. Mech : A C G T SFE
    8. Tank : A C G T
    9. Kay Rockets : A C G T SFE
    10. Mech : A C G T SFE
    11. Tank : A C G T
    12. Fig : A C G T

This chart will be tested Falling Sat Feb 8th and will be live streamed.
    Anyway Crockett just some ideas here. Russia should be able also to move 2 pieces 2 spaces in Siberia for the Railroad but another topic with Mongola being Pro Russia.

• @SS-GEN wow. Love the chart!

• Update. We played “Operation Lifeboat” game yesterday with thee above LL chart for Russia and it worked great. But. Ha ha Germany had no choice in matter and had to attack Moscow. Ger rolled great 2 Nd round and Russia rolled like 30% so Moscow fell. It was looking good for an allies victory but not after Moscow fell. Great game again. I’ve alwsys said biggest help For Russia figs.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

fighters are awesome, but what about bombers earlier. What round did Ger attack?

Turn 5 my game. Not g40

Bombers for who ? Russia ?

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I’ll try again

Also with Russian having a few more figs in game it helps against constant SBR raids from Germany.
    Germany did SBR first turn but then hardly nothing after that due to Russia landing figs at ICs and there Refineries to be used as interceptors. The figs were also in position to counter for any small attacks and return to same territories. Then when you think Moscow is going to be attack land your figs in Moscow for defense.

Also would this be a helpful counter to Dark Skies ?

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Very good. love when killer like a fig gets to kill or threaten to kill twice in a round.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Turn 5 is quick work.

Ya. You could do turn 4 but depends on Europe action and Turn 5 is the norm for Moscow due to Turn 6 when they get Russian Winter and then all Inf +1 defense.
    Game starts Dec 41. So everybody’s at war. So it’s attack attack attack from the get go !

• @SS-GEN better starting moment. Japan in the G40 is already at 41 levels.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

listened to about an hour. liked the general and admiral ideas. what are the specs on those? rerolls I think. love that parts of china are worth nothing and mountains to discourage the Japanese. I’ve thought about just doubling the units on the board. nice map, though the double track in north africa was surprising. like that you can get to uk in one turn with ships but can’t get to gib in one move. teaching some guys or just adjusting rules?

• In my game ships move 2 in combat 3 in non combat. So planning is involved

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Like it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m