• We needed a topic.  Discuss.

• The Phillies are up 3-1 in the series, and game 5 is tied at 2-2 in the 6th inning but suspended due to weather.  Anticipation.  :-)

:lol: @ the voting.

• Shouldn’t the Series have been over like three weeks ago? High School football is over except for the playoffs locally and we could still be looking at another week for the series.

I hate what television is doing to sports.

• The series has pretty much always been in October, and I’m not sure if they give the maximum allowance necessary for the two Leagues to award pennants, or schedule the Series after it has all played out (I’m leaning towards this option).  If you’ve got teams sweeping their opponents on both sides, the latter situation would make for an earlier Series.  I know the Phillies wrapped up their series before the AL pennant winner appeared.

• I think that your are incorrect on the schedule regarding length of playoff series.  :| The schedule is made assuming all playoff series go the distance isn’t it?

I did some poking around and I guess my memory is failing me as to how late into October it goes. Or my perception is failing me. I did some checking.

1956– last game 10/10
    1966-- last game 10/09
    (league play-offs era)
    1976-- last game 10/21
    1986-- last game 10/27
    1996-- last game 10/26
    2006-- last game 10/27

I guess as I’ve gotten more and more into college football the series has just seemed to go longer and longer into the fall when in reality it hasn’t in my lifetime.

• @frimmel:

I think that your are incorrect on the schedule regarding length of playoff series.  :| The schedule is made assuming all playoff series go the distance isn’t it?

I’m not sure, and couldn’t find anything detailing it.  But from what I’ve seen the World Series schedule didn’t get released until after the divisions finished.  Check this link for an example:

http://ballhype.com/story/mlb_world_series_schedule_released/

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m