• Are there no Stalingrad variants out there?

I looked at this whole list and saw no topic about it.

I realize that RuneBlade did a Stalingrad I believe, but it was all stratgeic and not any in city fighting block to factory to block.

How about it any Stalingrads out there?

Anyone have any Stalingrad maps which I can be referred to as appropriate to the A&A type games?

Anyone have any suggestions as to developing an A&A clone of this Battle?

• Actually i have one in the fire for about 8 months. Most of the map is done, but still working on rules. Its similiar to AA Bulge and will include Kursk as its not only Stalingrad but the entire campaign from July 42-July 43, with seperate map for Stalingrad.

Action is partially driven by cards, while i use the ammo/fuel chits from bulge, plus new units and special rules.

Its till perhaps 3-6 months away from finish.

• IL

Great to hear of it!

Sounds like it will have a separate strategic and separate tactical or city blocks maps??

Is that right?

If you did not want to fight the strategic map, will there be a separate scenario only for the city itself? Like Fortress Berlin?

I imagine there will be transports across the Volga and an air battle above not to say the least about the ground fighting in the factories?

Have you thought about the battle below: in the sewer lines? i.e. the Russians can pop up behind the lines becz of such access, the Germans less so?? Snipers? or is the scale too large in the city for these?

I’ll be waiting to hear more, this is what A&A lacks a true Stalingrad game!

• Great to hear of it!

Sounds like it will have a separate strategic and separate tactical or city blocks maps??

Is that right?

If you did not want to fight the strategic map, will there be a separate scenario only for the city itself? Like Fortress Berlin?

The map is basically the southern section of Russia including Baku. The city map of Stalingrad is a “blow up” of that section and to economize space i have it in the black sea. Bombers can drop supply chits and all combat forces require the two types of chits like in Bulge, but normally they are loaded into command HQ tokens ( placed underneath) and allocated and spent as needed. The German victory points have obviously got heavy distribution at Stalingrad and the oil centers, while the Soviet VC are in the cities behind German lines, which encourage battles in these areas eventually.

And for each combat chit you have you draw one card and this randomly presents options that you play against your opponent. During battles you may bring these cards up.

I imagine there will be transports across the Volga and an air battle above not to say the least about the ground fighting in the factories?

When forces enter Stalingrad the game goes into a bit more tactical… in fact when you enter the pieces are broken down to perhaps even double… E.G. 1 Armor becomes ( 1 Tank, 1 Mech, 1 Infantry), where as one infantry is (2 infantry 1 artillery)… dont quote me on this yet.

Have you thought about the battle below: in the sewer lines? i.e. the Russians can pop up behind the lines becz of such access, the Germans less so?? Snipers? or is the scale too large in the city for these?

That is handled by the combat option cards, snipers, NKVD, all that stuff. The more ammo chits you got the more of these options. The movement chits may have cards attached to them as well.

• Sounds intriguing!

• Any more information on your Stalingrad game development?

• i got the map at about 70% i am working on other games at the moment.

• Thanks!

• Any info on your Stalingrad map/rules game??  :?

• I have not lifted a finger on it. Its on the back burner with many other games in front and new versions of my older games getting retooled and updated.

• Hi , any news about Stalingrad map ?

• It’s where i left it. Lost passion to continue. This was true about alot of game ideas. I can try and dig it up where i left off and provide a link

• @Imperious-Leader thank you , if you need some help reply me .If you have the map and ideea unfinished and want to share it, i will be happy to work on it and maybe one day it will be finished.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m