axis-dominion vs simon (allies+10) bm3

• '19 '17 '16

Haven’t done a UK DOW for ages! Let’s see how this goes. Very interesting! Haven’t made an attempt at a Sea Lion recovery like this before.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 marine and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Italians
            Italians takes Political Action: Political Action Italians To War With Chinese
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Italians To War With Chinese: Changing Relationship for Italians and Chinese from Neutrality to War
            Italians takes Political Action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Italians and Russians from Neutrality to War
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and British from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and UK_Pacific from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and ANZAC from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and French from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and Neutral_Allies from Neutrality to Friendly_Neutral
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and Neutral_Axis from Neutrality to Unfriendly_Neutral

Combat Move - Italians
            1 armour moved from Romania to Bessarabia
                  Italians take Bessarabia from Russians
            1 armour moved from Bessarabia to Eastern Poland
                  Italians take Eastern Poland from Russians
            6 infantry moved from Bulgaria to Greece
            1 armour moved from Romania to Greece
            1 bomber and 1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to Greece

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Greece
                Italians attack with 1 armour, 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                Neutral_Allies defend with 4 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 6 infantry in Greece, round 2 : 3/9 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    Neutral_Allies roll dice for 4 infantry in Greece, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies and 3 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Greece
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Greece, round 3 : 3/6 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Neutral_Allies roll dice for 1 infantry in Greece, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies lost in Greece
                Italians win, taking Greece from Neutral_Allies with 1 armour, 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Italians: 3 infantry
                Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 4 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            2 aaGuns, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Romania
            1 fighter moved from Greece to Southern Italy
            1 bomber moved from Greece to Southern Italy
            2 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Yugoslavia
            1 infantry moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
            1 aaGun moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
            1 mech_infantry moved from Tobruk to Tunisia
                  Italians take Tunisia from Neutral_Axis
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Kenya to Italian Somaliland
            1 armour, 2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Tobruk to Alexandria

Place Units - Italians
            1 transport placed in 95 Sea Zone
            1 marine placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 16 PUs; end with 16 PUs
            Objective Italians 1 Control The Mediterranean: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 21 PUs
            Objective Italians 2 Roman Empire: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 26 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians : 1.17
    Neutral_Allies : 1.33

Savegame

• Hey wondering if you’ll allow me to undo the Dow on Russia. Nothing to do with any dice rolled during Italy. Just reconsidered it, and feel I’d rather not have done that.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 marine and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            6 infantry moved from Bulgaria to Greece
            1 armour moved from Romania to Greece
            1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to Greece
            1 bomber moved from Southern Italy to Greece

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Greece
                Italians attack with 1 armour, 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                Neutral_Allies defend with 4 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 6 infantry in Greece, round 2 : 2/9 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    Neutral_Allies roll dice for 4 infantry in Greece, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies and 2 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Greece
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 4 infantry in Greece, round 3 : 4/7 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    Neutral_Allies roll dice for 2 infantry in Greece, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Greece
                Italians win, taking Greece from Neutral_Allies with 1 armour, 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Italians: 3 infantry
                Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 4 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            1 armour moved from Romania to Slovakia Hungary
            1 bomber moved from Greece to Southern Italy
            1 fighter moved from Greece to Southern Italy
            2 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Yugoslavia
            1 aaGun moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Kenya to Italian Somaliland
            1 mech_infantry moved from Tobruk to Tunisia
                  Italians take Tunisia from Neutral_Axis
            1 infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Romania
            2 aaGuns, 2 artilleries and 1 infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Slovakia Hungary

Place Units - Italians
            1 transport placed in 95 Sea Zone
            1 marine placed in Northern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 15 PUs; end with 15 PUs
            Objective Italians 1 Control The Mediterranean: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 20 PUs
            Objective Italians 2 Roman Empire: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 25 PUs

Italians : 1.00
    Neutral_Allies : 1.00

Savegame

• I redid the turn minus the dow on Russia. Greece result ended up same, so no edit was required.

I g2g to a soccer game, so if in case you don’t allow, then just use the original post with the dow.

• @axis-dominion said in axis-dominion vs simon (allies+10) bm3:

I redid the turn minus the dow on Russia. Greece result ended up same, so no edit was required.

I g2g to a soccer game, so if in case you don’t allow, then just use the original post with the dow.

I’m away from the computer too but sounds fine. Only difference I can see is if you fail to take London.

• Oh and if I forgot to send my guys to Alexandria, plz edit them there from Tobruk.

• '19

@simon33 said in axis-dominion vs simon (allies+10) bm3:

Haven’t done a UK DOW for ages! Let’s see how this goes. Very interesting! Haven’t made an attempt at a Sea Lion recovery like this before.

Havent looked super closely, but problem with UK DOW is that now germany doesnt have to take London G3, he can wait till G4 and Japan still gets to accomplish something in the pacific. If you dont DOW with UK, then japan has to sit idly on J3 if germany doesnt want to deal with US being at war on US3.

I havent done much with sea lion in a long time but seems like axis can definitely wait on things now and get a free turn. We will see if AD takes down london but my guess is he waits now.

• '19

And J3 is really easy when you can ignore US (even if you have mostly abandoned pacific). But again I guess you will find out soon enough.

• '19 '17 '16

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 2

Game History

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 infantry, 1 marine and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 destroyer moved from 29 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Egypt to Trans-Jordan
            1 infantry moved from Shan State to Burma
            3 fighters moved from Java to India

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 infantry and 1 marine placed in New South Wales
            1 submarine placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 4
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 42 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,6,6,6,1,5,4,4,2,2,4,6,2,5
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs (4 lost to blockades); end with 11 PUs
            Trigger ANZAC 1 Control Original And Malaya: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 14 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 17 PUs

Politics - French
            French takes Political Action: Political Action French To War With Japanese
                French succeeds on action: Political Action French To War With Japanese: Changing Relationship for Japanese and French from Neutrality to War
                French succeeds on action: Political Action French To War With Japanese: Changing Relationship for Chinese and French from Neutrality to Allied

Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Egypt

Non Combat Move - French
            1 destroyer moved from 81 Sea Zone to 79 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - French

Savegame

• '19 '17 '16

@ksmckay That we will. I suspect you might be wrong though. If the Axis delay attacking London, the allies have another turn to build up in preparation of the Axis onslaught. I’m actually virtually certain that Japan will DOW on USA anyway because it doesn’t want to give me the 7IPCs for The Philippines.

• back finally… let’s do this!

• simon, did you get my note about the Italians moving to Alexandria?

if not, do you wish to change anything with Anzac or France?

simon, did you get my note about the Italians moving to Alexandria?

if not, do you wish to change anything with Anzac or France?

Forgot about it. Let me check.

• '19 '17 '16

Just leave the French inf in T-J.

• @simon33 said in axis-dominion vs simon (allies+10) bm3:

Just leave the French inf in T-J.

ok will do

• '19 '17 '16

I’ll assume you intend to bombard unless you tell me otherwise.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 3

Game History

Round: 3

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 8 artilleries, 3 infantry and 2 marines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 110 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 111 Sea Zone to Scotland

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Scotland

Non Combat Move - Germans
            1 marine moved from Western Germany to 112 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 112 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from 111 Sea Zone to Scotland
            5 transports moved from 112 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            4 armour moved from Germany to 113 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from Western Germany to 113 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries moved from Greater Southern Germany to Western Germany
            2 submarines moved from 110 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone
            1 battleship and 1 carrier moved from 110 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 110 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 112 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
            7 infantry moved from Germany to Western Germany
            1 armour moved from Germany to Western Germany
            4 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Poland
            1 infantry moved from Romania to Slovakia Hungary
            1 infantry moved from Romania to Slovakia Hungary
            1 mech_infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Western Germany
            1 fighter moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Western Germany
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            4 armour moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            1 aaGun moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from Romania to Slovakia Hungary
            1 aaGun moved from Slovakia Hungary to Poland
            1 artillery moved from Western Germany to 112 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Normandy Bordeaux to 110 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 110 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 111 Sea Zone to Scotland
            3 infantry moved from Germany to 113 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Norway to 113 Sea Zone
            4 armour, 1 artillery, 5 infantry and 5 transports moved from 113 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
            4 armour, 1 artillery and 5 infantry moved from 111 Sea Zone to Scotland
            3 artilleries moved from Western Germany to 112 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Western Germany to 112 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Norway to 112 Sea Zone
            3 artilleries, 3 infantry and 3 transports moved from 112 Sea Zone to 111 Sea Zone
            3 artilleries and 3 infantry moved from 111 Sea Zone to Scotland
            1 aaGun moved from Normandy Bordeaux to France
            1 aaGun moved from Western Germany to Germany

Place Units - Germans
            7 artilleries, 1 infantry and 2 marines placed in Western Germany
            Germans undo move 1.
            8 artilleries placed in Western Germany
            Germans undo move 1.
            2 marines placed in Western Germany
            8 artilleries placed in Western Germany
            3 infantry placed in Germany
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from Western Germany: 1 armour
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Slovakia Hungary: 1 armour
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 42 PUs; end with 42 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 47 PUs
            Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 52 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from Slovakia Hungary: 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to Poland: 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

Savegame

• @simon33 said in axis-dominion vs simon (allies+10) bm3:

@ksmckay That we will. I suspect you might be wrong though. If the Axis delay attacking London, the allies have another turn to build up in preparation of the Axis onslaught. I’m actually virtually certain that Japan will DOW on USA anyway because it doesn’t want to give me the 7IPCs for The Philippines.

yah I was planning a G4 SL from the beginning, since I didn’t want to accept even a 96%ish odds with a much lower expected average score. and your doing a uk dow on Japan just made that decision all that much easier.

@simon33 said in axis-dominion vs simon (allies+10) bm3:

yah I was planning a G4 SL from the beginning, since I didn’t want to accept even a 96%ish odds with a much lower expected average score. and your doing a uk dow on Japan just made that decision all that much easier.

you should have picked up on this based on how I withheld a second wave of German forces from stepping to the Russian front.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m