League General Discussion Thread

• '19 '17 '16

@Adam514 said in League General Discussion Thread:

Bidding rules have been territory-based over unit-based in all my games I think, and NG inf is a classic. I see no reason to change how most people have been bidding. It doesn’t break the game, far from it.

While I agree that it doesn’t break the game, I would say that it is a negative for gameplay. Just makes it too easy for ANZAC to collect its objectives.

More generally, I think the rule is correct the way it is and shouldn’t be changed. Just needs greater enforcement. However, if people feel differently, I guess it could be changed.

• '19 '17

@simon33 said in League General Discussion Thread:

@Adam514 said in League General Discussion Thread:

Bidding rules have been territory-based over unit-based in all my games I think, and NG inf is a classic. I see no reason to change how most people have been bidding. It doesn’t break the game, far from it.

While I agree that it doesn’t break the game, I would say that it is a negative for gameplay. Just makes it too easy for ANZAC to collect its objectives.

More generally, I think the rule is correct the way it is and shouldn’t be changed. Just needs greater enforcement. However, if people feel differently, I guess it could be changed.

That’s not different from using a sub in sz98 to destroy the Italian fleet easier.

• '19 '17 '16

In the sense that it’s a bid unit which causes a large IPC swing on the board? Well, that is the general idea of what to do with bid units. Although in your example, in days before the SZ92 stack was preferred, you would have done Taranto with or without that bid.

I see where you’re coming from though. I just don’t really agree.

• @simon33 said in League General Discussion Thread:

In the sense that it’s a bid unit which causes a large IPC swing on the board? Well, that is the general idea of what to do with bid units. Although in your example, in days before the SZ92 stack was preferred, you would have done Taranto with or without that bid.

I see where you’re coming from though. I just don’t really agree.

Actually, it’s only really relevant if JDOW1.

• '19 '17

NG bid saves a transport pretty much.

• So mainly that NG bid placement is a deterrant against a JDOW1 strategy.

• '19 '17 '16

It’s a big swing if Japan wins in SZ62 J1. Otherwise it’s less of a swing, although if there isn’t a J1 DOW I will normally claim Java as ANZAC and then I would like a second transport in case there’s a J2 DOW to claim DNG.

• '19 '18

If I’m following this correctly, here’s a summary:

1. New Guinea infantry bid is not legal according to the posted default bidding rules for 2019
    2. If both players agree to allow it then the default bidding rules can be ignored (ideally you should find this out before you make any bids)

It seems reasonable to have a vote on if league players want the default bidding rules changed, however it seems more appropriate to consider changing for the 2020 league rules as the 2019 playoff rules have been posted for a year now.

For what it’s worth, I prefer the existing rule that makes it illegal, but the most important thing is that there’s no surprise.

• To reiterate: It’s only illegal if the opponent doesn’t accept it. Simple as that.

• I’m leaving signup for 2nd and 3rd playoff brackets open this weekend, so please wait a little longer. BobbaRossa actually did pop in and want to participate, and fortunately didn’t seem too upset that he’s #1 seed in 2nd playoff instead of in the main one. Stand by, 2nd and 3rd bracket players…

• I already re-drew the brackets, but these could change again depending on who else joins in. Just giving you a tantalizing preview.

• @gamerman01 said in League General Discussion Thread:

I’m leaving signup for 2nd and 3rd playoff brackets open this weekend, so please wait a little longer. BobbaRossa actually did pop in and want to participate, and fortunately didn’t seem too upset that he’s #1 seed in 2nd playoff instead of in the main one. Stand by, 2nd and 3rd bracket players…

It’s what I get for being late to the party. Remember kids: be on time! :P

• @BobbaRossa said in League General Discussion Thread:

@gamerman01 said in League General Discussion Thread:

I’m leaving signup for 2nd and 3rd playoff brackets open this weekend, so please wait a little longer. BobbaRossa actually did pop in and want to participate, and fortunately didn’t seem too upset that he’s #1 seed in 2nd playoff instead of in the main one. Stand by, 2nd and 3rd bracket players…

Welcome back bobba! Yah it’s a total shame you’re not with the big boys. Cuz that’s really where you belong!

• @axis-dominion said in League General Discussion Thread:

@BobbaRossa said in League General Discussion Thread:

@gamerman01 said in League General Discussion Thread:

Welcome back bobba! Yah it’s a total shame you’re not with the big boys. Cuz that’s really where you belong!

Thanks AD! Glad to be back. Think 2019 kicked a few of our butts ;) . Glad to see it in the rear view mirror.

• '20 '19

Hmm…not sure I’m quite so happy! A royal butt kicking coming I expect! Ah well at least I am sure I will learn a lot…

• '19 '17 '16

So are the playoffs right to go? @gamerman01 ?

• Yes, the other playoffs may begin since I’ve heard of no dropouts or sign ins this weekend. I hope Odonis doesn’t mind terribly being in the 3rd bracket with a bye. 1 win over the winner of Sovietishcat and dawgoneit, and you can crown yourself king… of a small country

• So these games can begin any time:

BobbaRossa and Wizmark
    Simon and majik
    trulpen and Giallo
    AeV and Tizkit
    Sovietishcat and Dawgoneit

I love the playoffs. Intriguing matchups that some of you might not otherwise choose.
    I’m here to help if you don’t like each other and you have disagreements on gameplay, remember!

• '19

@Adam514 @Adam514 can you please help me here, so AetV brought a sub into sz 101 on its NCM with Germany; the sz contained a dd, cruiser and a transport; so on USA turn I chose to load a tank on the transport and moved the transport to Brazil without ; unloading the transport since I cannot claim the pro-allies Brazil in combat, I attacked the sub with my 2 cruiser, dd and fighter, than on the NCM, I landed my tank into Brazil from the transport that I brought in Combat phase. Is this a legal move or a glitch from triplea? thanks.

• @Sovietishcat I hope you don’t mind if I give my view of it. It’s possible due to AAA allowing it (glitch), but a break from the rules. A transport loading units in the CM has to unload those into battle during CM. The correct procedure is to load the tank during NCM and take Brazil during that phase.

There are some special instances were transports can load in a hostile sz, but it’s not in this case. The sub does only prevent loading if you don’t have any warships in the sz. In this case you also killed it off, so it didn’t impact the NCM anyway.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m