Make paratrooper unit standard in 1940 Global Bal Mod

• @simon33 said in Make paratrooper unit standard in 1940 Global Bal Mod:

Looks like a lot of the things required here aren’t possible. The absolute worst problem though is that air transports fight in the battle and can protect the infantry, which it totally bogus, like classic transports which protected the warships. I see no point in proceeding if this problem is insurmountable.

Would there be a way to make it possible to start from scratch and rewrite the Programm or the code then?
    I remember Karl7 and Adam514 testet a game with minor AB’s in the game and pretended the gameplay and edit in the results.
    Would that be doable?

I mean all we have to do is take an extra Ftr and use a Marine for the goal of attacking that Teritorry.
    After the battle erase the Ftr.
    From the file/ readout we can recongnize what the other player was doing…

After the game, we collect data and adjust properly and ask the guys who fixing the programms to adress it in this and that manner.

Just a thought. What do you think?

• '19 '17 '16

Anything is possible of course. I have posted something on triplea-game.org. Maybe someone will know something I haven’t been able to see easily.

I think it would be a stretch to far to have to many player enforced rules though. If you’re that keen that you can deal with having to remember to enforce taking the air transport last, I guess it is totally possible.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

Simon you bring up a good point about air transport as a casualty. If it AD @0 then it should not get to be used as one ?
    Some will say if it’s on ground when territory is attacked the air transport can be taken as a casualty due to the fact the attacker is taking shots at it to destroy it which means less focus on an inf and such.
    In my game u can take as a casualty ( same as AA gun ) or air transport can retreat to another territory after 1 round of combat. All AD planes can retreat after any one round of combat. Not trying to get off triple a topic here.

Barnee I thought had this air transport plane working in his test games ?

• '19 '17 '16

Looks like there is a way but it makes it capturable. Still, I can probably live with this being an edit mode fix. I’ll look at this a bit more tomorrow.

• '19 '17 '16

Ok, if anyone is interested, I’ve added this to the Canadian Mod. There are a lot of changes which I could go into, I expect it will be a bit like Balanced Mod in that early on Allies will have the edge but if it gets popular and people understand how to play it a bit more, Axis will start to win out.

Anyone interested in playtesting? Tried one game against myself which the allies look like winning.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m