Axis-dominion (L) vs Simon33 (X) BM3

• and also, be ready for the red army seeking revenge upon Berlin!

• '19 '17 '16

Beautiful move at Midway! Could have kept half my troops on the transport if I was thinking about that.

• @simon33 said in Axis-dominion (L) vs Simon33 (X) BM3:

Beautiful move at Midway! Could have kept half my troops on the transport if I was thinking about that.

Yah it’s a common mistake to forget about that. I did the same to ksmckay recently. It’s quite devastating

• '19 '17 '16

In fact, I’m thinking that could be the game. I’ll play on for now but without that move you would have lost Hawaii. Not for the win because you have the Philippines but I’m not sure the IJN can escape now.

• @simon33 said in Axis-dominion (L) vs Simon33 (X) BM3:

In fact, I’m thinking that could be the game. I’ll play on for now but without that move you would have lost Hawaii. Not for the win because you have the Philippines but I’m not sure the IJN can escape now.

No I didn’t need that move to save Hawaii. I had a ton of air that could land there. I already calc’ed your chances were like zero.

• '19 '17 '16

Ok. I was only looking at what did land there.

• '19 '17 '16

TripleA Turn Summary: Italians round 14

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 14

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy nothing; Remaining resources: 15 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Samara to Caucasus
            1 fighter moved from Germany to Holland Belgium
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
            1 bomber moved from Southern Italy to Holland Belgium
            2 fighters moved from Southern Italy to Holland Belgium

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Holland Belgium
                Italians attack with 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 3 fighters and 1 infantry
                Americans defend with 2 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 3 fighters and 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 1/6 hits, 2.83 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 2 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Holland Belgium
                    Italians roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 3 fighters and 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 3 : 3/6 hits, 2.83 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Americans and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Holland Belgium
                Italians win, taking Holland Belgium from Americans with 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 3 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Americans: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            3 fighters moved from Holland Belgium to Germany
            1 bomber moved from Holland Belgium to Southern Italy
            2 infantry moved from Denmark to Western Germany

Turn Complete - Italians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 8
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 97 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,1,3,3,3,5,1,1
            Italians collect 7 PUs (8 lost to blockades); end with 22 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians : -1.67
    Americans : 0.00

Savegame

• TripleA Turn Summary: French round 14

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 14

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 2 fighters and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Philippines to 35 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 19 Sea Zone to Kiangsu
            2 fighters moved from 35 Sea Zone to Kiangsu
            2 fighters moved from 6 Sea Zone to Kiangsu

Combat - ANZAC
            Battle in Kiangsu
                ANZAC attack with 1 artillery, 4 fighters and 1 infantry
                Japanese defend with 1 factory_minor and 3 infantry
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 artillery, 4 fighters and 1 infantry in Kiangsu, round 2 : 5/6 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 infantry in Kiangsu, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the ANZAC lost in Kiangsu
                ANZAC win, taking Kiangsu from Japanese with 1 artillery and 4 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Japanese: 3 infantry
            Trigger Chinese Destroy Factories Kiangsu ANZAC: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Chinese in Kiangsu

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            4 fighters moved from Kiangsu to Kiangsi
            1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 35 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from New South Wales to Queensland
            4 fighters moved from Queensland to Guam
            2 submarines moved from 35 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 35 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Russia to Northwest Persia

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 transport placed in 54 Sea Zone
            2 fighters placed in Queensland

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 19 PUs; end with 20 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 23 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 26 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Northwest Persia

Turn Complete - French

ANZAC : 2.33
    Japanese : 0.00

Savegame

• '19 '17 '16

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Germans round 15

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 15

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans repair damage of 3x factory_major, 6x factory_minor; Remaining resources: 69 PUs; 
            Germans buy 5 artilleries, 2 fighters, 3 infantry and 5 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            9 armour, 33 artilleries, 21 infantry and 6 mech_infantrys moved from Samara to Russia
            1 mech_infantry moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
                  Germans take Bryansk from Russians
            4 fighters moved from Germany to Norway
            1 transport moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Germany to 114 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 113 Sea Zone to Norway
            1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer moved from 115 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            2 bombers and 4 fighters moved from Novgorod to Norway
            3 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Vyborg to Norway
            1 armour, 4 artilleries, 4 infantry and 8 mech_infantrys moved from Finland to Norway

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Norway
                Germans attack with 4 armour, 5 artilleries, 2 bombers, 8 fighters, 5 infantry and 10 mech_infantrys
                British defend with 2 aaGuns, 5 fighters, 9 infantry and 1 mech_infantry; Americans defend with 1 aaGun, 1 airfield, 4 armour, 2 artilleries, 3 bombers, 1 factory_minor and 8 infantry
                    AA fire in Norway : 4/9 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    4 fighters owned by the Germans lost in Norway
                    Germans roll dice for 1 battleship and 1 cruiser in Norway, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 4 armour, 5 artilleries, 2 bombers, 4 fighters, 5 infantry and 10 mech_infantrys in Norway, round 2 : 13/30 hits, 10.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 3 aaGuns, 4 armour, 2 artilleries, 3 bombers, 5 fighters, 17 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Norway, round 2 : 14/32 hits, 12.50 expected hits
                    2 aaGuns owned by the British, 2 artilleries owned by the Germans, 1 aaGun owned by the Americans, 5 infantry owned by the Germans, 5 infantry owned by the Americans, 3 bombers owned by the Americans, 7 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans and 3 infantry owned by the British lost in Norway
                    Germans roll dice for 4 armour, 3 artilleries, 2 bombers, 4 fighters and 3 mech_infantrys in Norway, round 3 : 8/16 hits, 7.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 4 armour, 2 artilleries, 5 fighters, 9 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Norway, round 3 : 11/21 hits, 9.33 expected hits
                    3 artilleries owned by the Germans, 1 fighter owned by the Germans, 4 armour owned by the Germans, 3 infantry owned by the Americans, 3 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans and 5 infantry owned by the British lost in Norway
                Americans win with 4 armour, 2 artilleries, 5 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -50
                Casualties for Germans: 4 armour, 5 artilleries, 5 fighters, 5 infantry and 10 mech_infantrys
                Casualties for Americans: 1 aaGun, 3 bombers and 8 infantry
                Casualties for British: 2 aaGuns and 8 infantry
                3 fighters owned by the Germans and 2 bombers owned by the Germans retreated
            Battle in Russia
                Germans attack with 9 armour, 33 artilleries, 21 infantry and 6 mech_infantrys
                Russians defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor and 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 9 armour, 33 artilleries, 21 infantry and 6 mech_infantrys in Russia, round 2 : 25/69 hits, 24.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 2 infantry in Russia, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Russia
                Germans destroys 7PUs while taking Russians capital
                Germans win, taking Russia from Russians with 9 armour, 33 artilleries, 20 infantry and 6 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Russians: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans

Germans : 3.67
    AA fire in Norway : : 2.50
    Americans : 3.17
    Russians : 0.33

Savegame

• '19 '17 '16

Ok, that’s it. I’m not sure that battle would have been enough if it had gone my way at 30% but at least if would have given the axis something.

I should have given up Celebes a couple of turns ago, wasted a couple of transports, ran out of destroyers but mostly I think I played Japan ok. Yet they lost. Too much allied pressure do you think or did I do something wrong I’m missing?

• gg!

yah you trying to hold onto celebes cost you elsewhere .to be sure.

as far as your Japan play, well it’s mainly too much focus on land and not enough on navy. that did you in.

• Japan lives or dies by its navy

• @axis-dominion said in Axis-dominion (L) vs Simon33 (X) BM3:

Japan lives or dies by its navy

I think you’re right but you also can’t ignore the land. So like all things A&A there’s a balance that you need to get right.

Thanks for the game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m