• You should actually play the game and watch all the fives and sixes rolled, as well as the “tit for tat” dice behavior where if attacker misses, defender misses and if attacker hits the defender also hits and loses are close to even regardless of attackers advantage. Your looking at how many dice come up 1-6, AND NOT WHAT ACTUALLY COMES UP IN BATTLES, WHICH DEPEND ON THE UNITS PRESENT. In that you may have an equal distribution of numbers, but the units attacking or defending are rolling numbers outside of their predicted hits irrespective of their advantage to cause hits and the weaker side has a greater propensity to cause hits.

• @Imperious-Leader As requested by us, the community, they did the analysis. Case closed.

They took feedback, “Dice suck!” Listened. Did an analysis. And found no issues. They easily could have brushed this under the rug and did real work on getting new features out but we asked and they delivered. Will I continue to yell at the screen when I get bad dice? Yes, of course. ;-) Will I blame Beamdog for it? No, definitely not. It boils down to bad or good luck.

Please move rants to the Dice Support Group.. That is the new place to put our illogical rantings about dice.

• @JuliusBorisovBeamdog Thank you for doing the analysis. My curiosity has been answered and it just turns out that my observations were simply anecdotal and coincidental.

Please pass along my thanks to the team for taking the time to do the analysis. I think a future request will be for low-luck style rolling. :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m